Some first in TN Wrestling

rigger101

QUOTE(REGIONX @ Feb 17 2007 - 02:38 AM) 826375734[/snapback]

Is this a first, all quailifiers from a region medal? All of the 119 state qualifiers from Region 10 received a medal, Johnson 1st, Livingston 5th, and Britcliffe 6th.

MERIDITH (BLACKMAN) KIRN (FRANKLIN) OPIO (LAVERGNE) AND SPENCER (RAVENWOOD) ALL MEDALED FROM REGION 5(?) TWO YEARS AGO. BUT DON'T KNOW IF ITS A FIRST.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Feb 16 2007 - 10:39 PM) 826375485[/snapback]

Some first in TN Wrestling

1. 8th grader winning D-I state.

2. Wrestler burying his headgear on the mat.

3. Dad going on the mat after the finals while his son was recovering from a loss.

I took a lot of pictures of that match from the other end of the arena, I just got home and downloaded them and sure enough that was his dad out on the mat with him. While taking the pictures zooming in I thought it was one of his coaches coming to see if he was alright because they did stop the match for a moment because he must have been bleeding. As a casual observer of the tournament I guess you could say he was checking to see if he was hurt or to console him. Congrats to the kid from Soddy, did I hear correctly he was 52-0 this year going into that match?

QUOTE(my2cents @ Feb 17 2007 - 10:48 AM) 826375900[/snapback]

I took a lot of pictures of that match from the other end of the arena, I just got home and downloaded them and sure enough that was his dad out on the mat with him. While taking the pictures zooming in I thought it was one of his coaches coming to see if he was alright because they did stop the match for a moment because he must have been bleeding. As a casual observer of the tournament I guess you could say he was checking to see if he was hurt or to console him. Congrats to the kid from Soddy, did I hear correctly he was 52-0 this year going into that match?

what wrestler are you talking about?

and tj duncan did not get beat out baylor. its baylor's policy that if they already have a wrestler in a weight class then they wont let an eight grader wrestle off for that weight. so he was not given the opportunity to wrestle off whitaker or stavrum. and he impersonated digging a hole in the mat. dropped his red headgear in it. acted like he was covering dirt over the hole. and then walked off.

QUOTE(pointblankrange @ Feb 17 2007 - 11:08 AM) 826375931[/snapback]

what wrestler are you talking about?

and tj duncan did not get beat out baylor. its baylor's policy that if they already have a wrestler in a weight class then they wont let an eight grader wrestle off for that weight. so he was not given the opportunity to wrestle off whitaker or stavrum. and he impersonated digging a hole in the mat. dropped his red headgear in it. acted like he was covering dirt over the hole. and then walked off.

ok ok---like i said--it was in the paper this morning--i am just asking questions--but how did he start the year at baylor move to mcallie and be ok to wrestle--in division 2 is it not just like the public schools that you have to sit out--now don't get upset--just a question

QUOTE(trueblueraiderfan @ Feb 17 2007 - 11:18 AM) 826376046[/snapback]

ok ok---like i said--it was in the paper this morning--i am just asking questions--but how did he start the year at baylor move to mcallie and be ok to wrestle--in division 2 is it not just like the public schools that you have to sit out--now don't get upset--just a question

He never competed with the red head gear on in HS, 'cept in blue, I think he may have practiced a couple of days across the river though.

As far as the dad and all... are we talking SD's disappointing loss at 140 where Bond Davis' little brother, Wiley, sent shock waves through the whole arena? My hat's off to thei fine talent for charging back, sort of like Overton's 103.

QUOTE(pointblankrange @ Feb 17 2007 - 12:37 AM) 826375703[/snapback]

can someone fill us in on the headgear stunt and whose dad went out to console who?

From today's Tennessean.

Centennial senior Courtney Coffey, a winner of two Division II titles while at Pope John Paul II, failed to add to his championship count in 215 final of Division I.

Soddy-Daisy’s Matt Lettner won a 7-2 decision and almost pinned Coffey in the second period. After the match, Coffey dropped to the mat in tears.

Then his dad went on the mat to who knows?