Regiion 7AA tournament

VOREBS

Four top ten teams, (OC, Westview, Milan, and Jackson Northside), plus a VERY good Dyersburg team come into the region 7AA tournament. 14AA will play Monday night to finalize who goes where, but here's a guess at some of the matchups in the first round:

OC at Fayette Ware

Milan at Jax Northside

Covington at Westview

USJ at Dyersburg

And if you look way ahead at the second round you could see: (again just a guess)

Dyesrburg vs Obion Co

Jax Northside vs Westview

This should be a great tournament, and whichever two teams are still standing when its over will be battle tested and ready to make a final push toward the 'boro.

So let's hear it, who wins, who goes home?

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(VOREBS @ Feb 18 2007 - 06:31 AM) 826377078[/snapback]Four top ten teams, (OC, Westview, Milan, and Jackson Northside), plus a VERY good Dyersburg team come into the region 7AA tournament. 14AA will play Monday night to finalize who goes where, but here's a guess at some of the matchups in the first round:

OC at Fayette Ware

Milan at Jax Northside

Covington at Westview

USJ at Dyersburg

And if you look way ahead at the second round you could see: (again just a guess)

Dyesrburg vs Obion Co

This should be a great tournament, and whichever two teams are still standing when its over will be battle tested and ready to make a final push toward the 'boro.

If these are the matchups it'll be in the OC over Fayette...NS over Milan....Westview over Covington....Dburg over USJ in what I think will be a better game than people think...

North Side will be the only mismatch for any of the teams in 13AA...with a good post in Delk and a guard in Clifft NS will be very hard to handle...a Delk V. Holloway matchup would be pretty good to see

QUOTE(VOREBS @ Feb 18 2007 - 06:31 AM) 826377078[/snapback]Four top ten teams, (OC, Westview, Milan, and Jackson Northside), plus a VERY good Dyersburg team come into the region 7AA tournament. 14AA will play Monday night to finalize who goes where, but here's a guess at some of the matchups in the first round:

OC at Fayette Ware

Milan at Jax Northside

Covington at Westview

USJ at Dyersburg

Dyesrburg vs Obion Co

I agree with your predictions on the Region Final 4. I think the two teams that come out of this region will again play for the state championship. I know who I prefer to win it all, but honestly I find it hard to predict acurately which two that will be. So many factors to figure in.

Go OC Lady Rebels

OC at Fayette Ware

Milan at Jax Northside

Covington at Westview

USJ at Dyersburg

Dyesrburg vs Obion Co

Well so much for those thoughts on the first round match-ups. It now will be:

OC at Jackson Northside

Milan at Fayette Ware

Dyersburg hosts Covington

Westview hosts U.S.J.

Yes, Fayette Ware beat Jax NS, and USJ beat Covington. Everything has turned upside down.

Now the Lady Rebels have the task of going to Jax Nside which will be now easy task. But it is time to get it done, and the Lady Rebs are coming off their best effort I think since they whipped Marshall Co. Ky in the Milan win. Go to the #1 ranked team in the state and get a win, tough, YES, but OC can and I think will get it done. Rebel Nation, its time to board the "TRAIN" and head to Jackson. Be there and BE LOUD. So what are the thoughts now that the teams are set. Who wins? Who goes home?

side note: A BIG Congrats to Jana Roney, on being a finalists for Miss Basketball in AA. A great player, and a FINE young lady.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Feb 18 2007 - 03:53 PM) 826377829[/snapback]I agree with your predictions on the Region Final 4. I think the two teams that come out of this region will again play for the state championship. I know who I prefer to win it all, but honestly I find it hard to predict acurately which two that will be. So many factors to figure in.

Go OC Lady Rebels

So much for my predictions, as well. As I said, I find it hard to predict accurately which two it will be that make it to STATE, only harder maybe to predict now. But, to be the best, you gotta beat the best. Crank it up LADY REBELS. Those Indians wil be on the warpath now. Obviously, we know for sure that they are beatable. Let's make it two losses in a row for the Northside Lady Indians.

QUOTE(oc_rebel_25 @ Feb 19 2007 - 11:07 PM) 826380407[/snapback]Milan and OC will both have to put up a fight to reach the semis but i think they will get it done. The "View" and D-burg play at home and play weak teams so they are a lock for the semis. Good luck to all the 13AA teams.

P.S. The two teams that come out of this region will win gold and silver.

ehh...don't forget you have to play for that gold and silver in Murfreesboro...win 3 straight games against some pretty tough opponents...I thought we were a lock a few years ago for some gold or silver going into state tournament with a 34-0 record...Winning district and region but only to be put out in the first round by a Livingston Acadamy team that went on to win the gold

Oh My -- What a way to open the Region 7AA Tournament with the new first round format. Now the Lady Rebels of Obion Central will journey to the Reservation and take on a Lady Indian team from Jackson Northside who lost to Fayette-Ware in the district championship on their home floor This game has so many stories within the story it has the makings of a classic.

These teams met in the Region 7AA Finals last season with Northside winning in OT.. The Lady Indians went on to finish runner-up in Class 2A as they lost to a good Memphis Hillcrest team in the Championship game. Yes- the same Hillcrest team that defeated OC in the sub-state.. Both teams have outstanding talent led by 2 of the 3 finialists for Class 2A Miss Basketball in Gwen Delk of Northside and Jana Roney of Obion Central (congrats ladies on being named finalists)

Northside has tremendous interior play with Delk, Cliff and Ross who scored 30+ points in a losing cause last evening.

OC has outstanding perimeter shooting led by Gentry Reedy, Jana Roney and Freshmen sensation Chassidy Fussell.

The Lady Rebels have four more who can also hit the outside shot and OC has an avg. of 7 3-pointers made a game.

OC has a little more depth than Northside and that may be the key in this one-- Northside, who'll have the homecourt advantage, will have to keep their big players out of foul trouble(Delk fouled out of the Fayette-Ware game and Cliff had 3 fouls by halftime)

I look for a Classic (1st round of the region, could be a state tourney game if these teams are matched in opposite brackets)

Lady Rebs- keep Northside off the boards and limt turnovers and you'll have an excellent shot of advancing in the tournament.