Franklin/Centennial: 11aaa Title Game

Jim Harrick

QUOTE(falcon9 @ Feb 20 2007 - 05:17 PM) 826381501[/snapback]Hey moron, put some money on it. You know, everything you say on this board is either false info, or something you totally made up. Like when you tried to give a play-by-play of certain events in the last CHS/FHS game. You had situations and names all completely wrong. I verified it with Coach Johnson today. Glover has started every game for the past 2 and a half years. Why in the world we not start him in the Centennial game. Get a CLUE!!!

You might want to double-check your line-ups from last year, especially the Clarksville game & the 1st Hillsboro game. And two years ago??? Don't think Glover was starting much then either. But if Coach J says it's so, it must be so.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wysiwyg @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:10 PM) 826382199[/snapback]congrats to franklin, you guys played a great game...

from what i know, you guys get to play Hunters Lane next, while Centennial gets to play Antioch

lets have a quick history lesson here...

Franklin 0-4 outside the district this year (excluding tournament play)

Franklin lost to Hunters Lane in the second round of regions last year (72-65)

Centennial on the other hand...

5-0 against Antioch all time including a 64-57 win last season

so if history shall repeat itself, we say bye-bye franklin...and Hello Centennial

and one more thing, all ive heard this past week is coahc johnson this and coach J. that...with no disrespect to him, hes a great and taleneted coach, and has done a great over there, but some needs to coach Kelly and little bit recongnition 7-19 last year 16-13 the year before that to 23-9, one win short of District Champs. in my book thats heck of a job well done!!

LETS MAKE NOISE IN REGIONS!!

This is not the same Hunters Lane team we have become used to seeing, they are down a bit this year. They do have Henley, they are well coached and will put up a fight but I believe Franklin will prevail when the dust settles.

Hold on to that 5-0 mark against Antioch as long as you can, although they are highly capable of "laying an egg" I don't believe it will come against Centennial. The good thing is that we can revisit all of this come Saturday night!

QUOTE(wysiwyg @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:10 PM) 826382199[/snapback]congrats to franklin, you guys played a great game...

from what i know, you guys get to play Hunters Lane next, while Centennial gets to play Antioch

so if history shall repeat itself, we say bye-bye franklin...and Hello Centennial

and one more thing, all ive heard this past week is coahc johnson this and coach J. that...with no disrespect to him, hes a great and taleneted coach, and has done a great over there, but some needs to coach Kelly and little bit recongnition 7-19 last year 16-13 the year before that to 23-9, one win short of District Champs. in my book thats heck of a job well done!!

what happened last year or 5 yrs ago or whenever is irrelevant to this season. if you want ur coach kelly to get more credit then suport him and give it to him and quit whinin about it. past records dont matter its all about now and the games coming up. Franklin should have it pretty easy the first game or two. They seem to be getting it all together and are getting in the playoff mindset. They have a ton of momentum coming off of a 25 point game and a big win over centennial (not sayin point margin wise) Centennial on the other hand could have a rough time with antioch and they need to focus, regroup, and fix mistakes and they could have a decent chance.

QUOTE(lax4life32 @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:12 AM) 826382294[/snapback]what happened last year or 5 yrs ago or whenever is irrelevant to this season. if you want ur coach kelly to get more credit then suport him and give it to him and quit whinin about it.

thats deffinately not whinning

kelly deserves more credit than what he's been given all season

even jim harrick will agree with us there

QUOTE(Nashville @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:16 PM) 826381865[/snapback]Your an idiot, please do not make absurd posts like that ever again. I feel stupid because I took time out of my life to read that. They haven't done anything. Thirty-eight in a row against the Sisters of Mercy is impressive with a high school team.

First of all you don't know me....so I'm sorry you took time out of you pathetic life to address someone you don't know. Please don't make this forum personal..........

QUOTE(Jim Harrick @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:10 PM) 826381999[/snapback]ANY DOUBT NOW CENTENNIAL? FRANKLIN DOMINATES

NO MORE POSTS ABOUT YOU EVER BEATING THE REBELS

SEE YA

NO CONTEST THIS EVENING

How far do you see Franklin going? I think they are a great. They remind me of old Vanderbilt teams(that is they are a team!). I still don't see them matching up with a lot of the other schools out there. I hope they make a good run. I will be pulling for them!

I really enjoy watching Franklin play ball. They share the pill and set each other up so well. They obviously are very well coached because Johnson always does a good job of getting his team prepared. With that said, I think they lack in some other areas that could doom them against any of those big 3 12-AAA teams. Luckily, they draw Hunters Lane first, but after that, there could be some choppy seas for the Rebs. Centennial is an interesting case, but if I'm them, the last team I would want to play, despite a pretty good history, is Antioch. Reason being is that Antioch has the size and athleticism to match up with Kelly on the block and if Upton and Williams play a solid floor game for the Bears on the perimeter, Centennial is in trouble. With that said, Antioch's lack of cohesion due to injuries, suspensions, and other inconsistencies make them more likely to lay an egg than Whites Creek or McGavock. I think this Regional is a five team tournament between Antioch, Centennial, Franklin, McGavock, and Whites Creek. Any of the five could win, and I would not be shocked.

QUOTE(lax4life32 @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:12 AM) 826382294[/snapback]what happened last year or 5 yrs ago or whenever is irrelevant to this season. if you want ur coach kelly to get more credit then suport him and give it to him and quit whinin about it. past records dont matter its all about now and the games coming up. Franklin should have it pretty easy the first game or two. They seem to be getting it all together and are getting in the playoff mindset. They have a ton of momentum coming off of a 25 point game and a big win over centennial (not sayin point margin wise) Centennial on the other hand could have a rough time with antioch and they need to focus, regroup, and fix mistakes and they could have a decent chance.

That actually happened last year when we were 7-19 with primarily the same team. They also beat them the year before.

Let's have a quick REALITY lesson. This is not the same Hunters lane team that beat us last year and not the same Antioch team that CHS beat last year. You can't go on history. you've got to go on what teams are right now. When it comes to coaching. I am sure Coach Kelly is a good coach, nothing like Coach Johnson. To continue to get players to step up game after game, different players every game, is remarkable. He has taught that team basketball is much more important than just having on aspect of the game. CHS is a post dominant offense, whereas FHS has balance. That is coaching baby.

QUOTE(FranklinHSfan @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:20 PM) 826382220[/snapback]You might want to double-check your line-ups from last year, especially the Clarksville game & the 1st Hillsboro game. And two years ago??? Don't think Glover was starting much then either. But if Coach J says it's so, it must be so.

I will check my lineup, but the main issue was wheather Ryan started against CHS in the first contest against FHS. That was the main argument, so thanks for help.

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Feb 20 2007 - 06:54 PM) 826381706[/snapback]I'm also getting sick of this three player crap. It takes a team effort to win every night, and every person on our team contributes. Maybe not much on the scoresheet, but they make the plays, they play solid defense. It takes more than 3 people to win a game.

I didn't see much of that team last night. I didn't see much of that solid defense last night. All saw in my dreams last night was Derek driving around Kelly, time after time after time. You might be sick of hearing it, but last night you only had 2 players and I don't remember Lamont even showing up. Were you the one saying don't give you the Jamal Starnes can come in and be effective. Well his line was 6 points, 6 rebounds, 4 blocks, 3 steals, and 2 assists.

Oh wait Kevin just hit another 3.