Tri-County Seven - 18 February, 2007

krichunaka

1. Unicoi County (playing their best basketball of the year)

2. Elizabethton (not looking very good)

3. Cloudland (still winning but struggling)

4. Happy Valley (almost done)

5. Unaka (playing better but with the loss to HV must be ranked below them)

6. Hampton (starting not to play so well)

7. Johnson County (made the Lady Cyclones worry)

Unicoi County has started to play at the right time. They are playing with the energy and intensity that we had expected them to play with all year. The Lady Cyclones are hurting. Don't see them getting past the first round of the Regional. Now we know how much Little Pet meant to this club. Cloudland is struggling on the offensive end. If they had anyone that could play in District 2A then they would be in trouble. But fortunately for all District 1A teams no one can play out of District 2A. All four teams should advance to the semis of the Regional with a rematch of the District finals. Happy Valley has one more game to play then their season will be over. Good luck to all the area teams.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screen, Nice job, and I agree with most of it, especially about the loss of Mariah. I'm sure Coach Weems, his players, and the entire Lady Cyclones family fully realize the affect of her injury.

I also like your rankings. As for Happy Valley over Unaka, or visa-versa, I kept Unaka, Happy Valley and Hampton at four to end the season. There just wasn't enough consistency to favor one or the other. However, when I did this week's poll, Unaka had already beaten Hampton, and Happy Valley had lost to South Greene. But again, no distinguishable difference.

QUOTE(coachh17 @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:55 PM) 826381831[/snapback]Krich,

Cameron's middle name is Shirlene. That is pretty close to Sheleen. Coincedence?

Shirlene? Sheleen? The beginning of a forthcoming Rap Hit by 17? For the longest time, and though I barely remembered seeing her in the Unaka at North Greene game, I'm thinking, this gal's so familiar. You just gotta see it to believe it. NOBODY runs like Cameron. It's like her feet don't really touch the ground. Too Cool.

QUOTE(#1landerfan @ Feb 21 2007 - 07:44 AM) 826382351[/snapback]Thanks Krich for the Tri-County Seven post each week

Landerfan

Thank you, #1Landerfan. I sometimes get slapped around a little bit, but the good always outweighs the bad.

If the Lady Rangers win Friday night, they'll have a very tough time against North Greene, the team that beat them by Twenty Points in their first meeting at Unaka. The Lady Highlanders will also be challenged in their third meeting with the Lady Bulldogs.

Good Luck, District One!

Krich,

I have stayed off your boards all season becasue I was really disappointed in how it appeared that my girls at Unicoi were playing. However, it seems they might have righted the ship at just the right time. Congats to Mainer and Payge for getting over the hump in District 1!!!!

Sadly, I have a real interest in some of the girls at Rutledge, so Friday night will be a double edge sword for me. Can't win for losing, as they say.

Thanks to all you Tri County folks for making it informative and entertaining this year!

QUOTE(krichunaka @ Feb 18 2007 - 09:30 PM) 826378273[/snapback]1) Unicoi County

2) Elizabethton

3) Cloudland

4) Unaka

5) Hampton

6) Happy Valley

7) Johnson County

Congratulations to Coach Glenn Fisher for Win number Six-Hundred.

Great effort by the Lady Rangers in finding their way to the District Championship game; and to the Lady Bulldogs for their courageous attempt at a three-game sweep over Unaka. Tremendous game by Sallee Taylor.

Congratulations to Johnson County's April McCloud for scoring 1,000 career points.

Tri-County Seven Seniors:

Cloudland - Santana Clawson, Tiffanie Harrold, Jessica Mathies.

Elizabethton - Marti Bush, Casey Crockett, Brianne Gouge, Victoria Hopson, Michaela Pietrowski.

Hampton - Whitney Andrews, Andrea Tinsman.

Happy Valley - Sam Canter, Katie Hyder, Stephanie Keranen, Chelsi Whitlock;

Johnson County - April McCloud.

Unaka - Sallee Taylor.

Unicoi County - Casey Banks, Lynz Canady, Alicia Engle.

Some, or all of you, will have played your last high school game as early as this week.

Thanks for the Memories! You will not soon be forgotten.

*(If I missed anyone, I'm sorry; Please add others).

Final Regular Season Poll

1) Elizabethton - Swept UCHS, HHS, HVHS, JCHS. Didn't play Cloudland or Unaka.

2) Unicoi County - Swept JCHS, HHS, UHS. Split with HVHS, CHS. Swept by EHS.

3) Cloudland - Swept HVHS, HHS, JCHS; Split with UHS, UCHS. Didn't play EHS.

4) Happy Valley- Split with UHS, HHS, UCHS, JCHS. Swept by EHS, CHS.

4) Hampton - Split with HVHS; Swept by UCHS, EHS, CHS; Swept UHS, JCHS.

4) Unaka - Swept by UCHS, HHS; Split with HVHS, CHS, Swept JCHS. Didn't play EHS.

7) Johnson County - Lone Tri-County Seven win over Happy Valley.

Biggest Regular Season Wins:

Cloudland - South Greene, Unicoi County.

Elizabethton - South Greene, Twice over Unicoi County.

Hampton - Unaka - Twice.

Happy Valley - Unicoi County.

Johnson County - Happy Valley.

Unaka - Cloudland.

Unicoi County - Cloudland.

krich,does a win in the district mean enough that Unicoi should be ranked #1 over Elizabethton?Remember,Eliz beat them both regular season games meaning 2 wins vs 1 loss.I dont think youre being very fair to our kids,show them some love!

QUOTE(CycloneFan @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:19 PM) 826382027[/snapback]Regional matchups for 1AA are now set:

Elizabethton at Gatlinburg Pittman

Rutledge at Unicoi

Pigeon Forge at South Greene

Happy Valley at Claiborne

Claiborne beat GP tonight 54-47.

Go Lady Cyclones!

Is it girls @ GP friday night and boys home vs ? sat night? What are the times?