Tennessee High vs. Dobyns-Bennett

BristolBoy

This should be a great game. I dont think anyone expected the Vikings to be here but they are playing well at the right time. Both these teams are exactly that, a "team". The Vikings starting 5 is so even and know one cares about who gets the credit. Corey Young is really coming into his own scoring 16 against Science Hill and 15 vs. Crockett and hes only a sophmore. Fleenor is really coming along as well and Turnbull, Rose, and Layton have been playing well all year. DB's balance is scary as well. Everyone knows their role. Sensabaugh, Throp, Blackwell, and Williamson have been around but he play of sophmores Jordan Edwards and Justin Sylvester cant go unnoticed. Experience atvantage goes to DB but HomeCourt Atvantage goes to THS. This game is so critical because the winner wont have to see Greeneville until the Finals of the region. Id say Greeneville is gettin a little nervous with the the thought of havin to play Science Hill in the first round, but well see. But good luck to all teams.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BristolBoy @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:39 AM) 826380896[/snapback]This should be a great game. I dont think anyone expected the Vikings to be here but they are playing well at the right time. Both these teams are exactly that, a "team". The Vikings starting 5 is so even and know one cares about who gets the credit. Corey Young is really coming into his own scoring 16 against Science Hill and 15 vs. Crockett and hes only a sophmore. Fleenor is really coming along as well and Turnbull, Rose, and Layton have been playing well all year. DB's balance is scary as well. Everyone knows their role. Sensabaugh, Throp, Blackwell, and Williamson have been around but he play of sophmores Jordan Edwards and Justin Sylvester cant go unnoticed. Experience atvantage goes to DB but HomeCourt Atvantage goes to THS. This game is so critical because the winner wont have to see Greeneville until the Finals of the region. Id say Greeneville is gettin a little nervous with the the thought of havin to play Science Hill in the first round, but well see. But good luck to all teams.

I would say any of the top 4 Big 9 teams would give Greeneville a game but with 2 championship and consolation games left to play anything can happen. SH has to be concerned with the overly-aggressive Volunteer team and the possibility of injury to key players going into regionals. Greeneville/ Cherokee is always a battle and although the Devils have won twice, they will be ready for a tough game as always against the Chiefs. Regardless of the outcome either SH or Volunteer will be a tough draw for Greeneville.

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 20 2007 - 01:07 PM) 826381070[/snapback]Barb

you can say that again...eventually someone is going to get hurt if the refs continue to allow that style of play

Weds. District Championship should be a good game. Two teams running up and down the floor trying to keep from bumping into anyone else. The game could be a little delayed. It may take a few extra minutes to clean all the blood up on the floor from the consolation game.

QUOTE(DandDD @ Feb 20 2007 - 02:45 PM) 826381265[/snapback]Weds. District Championship should be a good game. Two teams running up and down the floor trying to keep from bumping into anyone else. The game could be a little delayed. It may take a few extra minutes to clean all the blood up on the floor from the consolation game.

Bumping into people and undercutting people are 2 totally different animals...like I said if you stuck around and watched the 2nd game, there wasn't anybody knocking players to the floor and then having the parents cheer for little Jimmy, just like I taught him, and the game actually looked like basketball not WWE

QUOTE(DandDD @ Feb 20 2007 - 02:45 PM) 826381265[/snapback]The game could be a little delayed. It may take a few extra minutes to clean all the blood up on the floor from the consolation game.

If Volunteer utilizes the goon strategy (#25 beating down inside) like they did Monday night then you could be correct.

You must be the coach or a parent to think that is basketball

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 20 2007 - 03:59 PM) 826381387[/snapback]Bumping into people and undercutting people are 2 totally different animals...like I said if you stuck around and watched the 2nd game, there wasn't anybody knocking players to the floor and then having the parents cheer for little Jimmy, just like I taught him, and the game actually looked like basketball not WWE

If Volunteer utilizes the goon strategy (#25 beating down inside) like they did Monday night then you could be correct.

You must be the coach or a parent to think that is basketball

I didn't say undercuts should be a part of the game and I sure don't stand and cheer when a player is injured. But the game of basketball has gotten more physical over the years and when the refereeing allows a game to be physical you had better play hard or get blown away. Knowing the size of this Volunteer team it make me proud to know that they are tough enough to have teams that are much more physical in stature whine around because little 135lb #3 is being too rough. Actually I doubt the Indian players are the ones complaining because I know a few of those boys and they are pretty tough kids. I figure it's more the stiff collar snobby-@$$ parents who aren't used to seeing anyone from outside the city limits stand toe to toe with them for 4 quarters. So hopefully we can meet again and maybe next time our so-called goon strategy will win out.

GO FALCONS!!!!!

QUOTE(DandDD @ Feb 20 2007 - 05:17 PM) 826381500[/snapback]Knowing the size of this Volunteer team it make me proud to know that they are tough enough to have teams that are much more physical in stature whine around because little 135lb #3 is being too rough.

I'm not talking about 135lb #3...I'm talking about the goon #21 that was only in the game to beat Jordan Edwards to pieces. That was the strategy because when he went in you could see the smirks on the faces becaue he knew his job was to go in and sacrifice fouls for beating someone because he never really touched the ball. That aint physical that was close to assault.

QUOTE(DandDD @ Feb 20 2007 - 05:17 PM) 826381500[/snapback]So hopefully we can meet again and maybe next time our so-called goon strategy will win out.

It hasn't in the first 3 games...

QUOTE(DandDD @ Feb 20 2007 - 05:17 PM) 826381500[/snapback]I figure it's more the stiff collar snobby-@$$ parents who aren't used to seeing anyone from outside the city limits stand toe to toe with them for 4 quarters.

Ironic that you use a boxing term...toe to toe....and it's funny that you mention the team stands toe to toe for 4qtrs when game #1 and #2 were 20+ point blow outs....funny what one boxing match will do for confidence