Tennessee High vs. Dobyns-Bennett

BristolBoy

QUOTE(Stonewall @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:18 PM) 826383847[/snapback]Round 1 to the Tribe (3 months of regular season play and a District Championship). Round 2 to Tennessee High (Tournament Championship). Round 3 = ???. This is exactly where we were this time last year D-B fans as Sullivan Central (remember them?) was crowing all over this board. One week later we were still playing and no one else in our area was. NEXT week will settle the bragging rights for who has done what this week. Represent or shut up......from D-B onward,,,,,just win baby!

Yah...we know exactly what you mean. I think the translation on that is...we lost the District Championship AGAIN!!! I'm not sure if you stop to realize that you are on Greeneville's side of the Regional tournament bracket...so YOU need to represent or SHUT UP!!! You know you can come up with some of the most egotistical comments...I had to bring at least one back on ya. Remember this?

QUOTE(Stonewall @ Feb 9 2007 - 07:15 PM) 826365480[/snapback]I'm going to start another thread on this, but D-B didn't "share" anything! They whipped Science Hill twice and they are the undisputed Champions of the Big 9 and the #1 seed. Basketball is the only thing that Johnson City takes any pride in, so their media is having a serious problem with denial!

I changed it around just a little...just for you.

I'm going to start another thread on this, but the Vikings didn't "share" anything! They whipped DB twice and they are the undisputed District 1 Champions and the #1 seed in the Regional tournament. Basketball is the only thing that Mr. Stonewall takes any pride in, so he is having a serious problem with denial!

How you like it now!!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I have only had the opportunity to watch TN. High play a handful of games One was their Arby's win, and both Morristown West games, the Science Hill game Monday Night and then again tonight in the Championship game and one thing is for sure if Tennessee High can set the tempo and keep the game at their pace they are going to win.

They execute very well and except for the foul on the 3 point shooter at the end of the game they do not hurt themselves.

They are very well coached.

And the situation where the DB coach called the time out late in the game, he was trying to call the time out long before his player started to penetrate and the official did not hear him until then.

DB is also very well coached.

Tennessee High was just able to handle the pressure and control the tempo.

QUOTE(split4or50 @ Feb 22 2007 - 12:20 AM) 826384000[/snapback]First of all I have only had the opportunity to watch TN. High play a handful of games One was their Arby's win, and both Morristown West games, the Science Hill game Monday Night and then again tonight in the Championship game and one thing is for sure if Tennessee High can set the tempo and keep the game at their pace they are going to win.

They execute very well and except for the foul on the 3 point shooter at the end of the game they do not hurt themselves.

They are very well coached.

And the situation where the DB coach called the time out late in the game, he was trying to call the time out long before his player started to penetrate and the official did not hear him until then.

DB is also very well coached.

Tennessee High was just able to handle the pressure and control the tempo.

probably the most resonable post yet you cant blame loosing on having a bad game its part of it tn hagh had a awsome crowed tonight and db just couldnt handle it

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:38 PM) 826383923[/snapback]woah now...can't doany ref complaining. It was as good or as bad either way. which call are you referring to 5/10 of a sec?

Which call are you referring to...good one MG. Ok all jokes aside.

Best game and atmosphere I have been a part of all year!! Hard fought game on both sides. Coty mad a gallant effort at the end but after seeing the sophomore with the cool-aid pumping threw his veins step up BIG at the free strip, I'm not sure if I wouldn't have tried the one two punch (Sensabaugh to Sylvester for three) at the end. He was wide open! All excuses now put to rest, the Vikings fought for and deserve every bit of this Championship win. Congratulations THS, boys and girls...WAY TO REPRESENT!!!! Now lets all go represent the BIG 9!

"Basketball is the only thng that Mr. Stonewall takes any pride in"....??? You must not be around during football season.

"So he is having a serious problem with denial". What, pray tell, am I denying? D-B IS the undisputed Champion of the Big 9 in the regular season. You remember, the one where you had to play for 3 months on everyone elses floor and win it? Tennessee High IS the Champion of the District Tournament. You remember, the one where you have to be the hot team for 3 days of basketball. You did it, congratulations. Now, let's see who walks out of the Region. If D-B gets beat and Tennessee High is still playing, I'll say it right here....they had the better year. If not, and D-B is still playing and Tennessee High isn't, D-B had the better year. By the way, we're not afraid of that Greeneville team that Science Hll beat by 29 points. You played a hard fought game IN YOUR BUILDING and won in overtime. Good job, now we'll see how it shakes out next week. Don't battle wits with me son. I let you off easy this time.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 22 2007 - 12:15 AM) 826383991[/snapback]Yah...we know exactly what you mean. I think the translation on that is...we lost the District Championship AGAIN!!! I'm not sure if you stop to realize that you are on Greeneville's side of the Regional tournament bracket...so YOU need to represent or SHUT UP!!! You know you can come up with some of the most egotistical comments...I had to bring at least one back on ya. Remember this?

I changed it around just a little...just for you.

I'm going to start another thread on this, but the Vikings didn't "share" anything! They whipped DB twice and they are the undisputed District 1 Champions and the #1 seed in the Regional tournament. Basketball is the only thing that Mr. Stonewall takes any pride in, so he is having a serious problem with denial!

How you like it now!!!!

That's funny right there! I don't care who you are, that's funny!

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:32 PM) 826383903[/snapback]It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he hates DB, but Paul Overbay is the worst announcer I have ever heard. During the Arbys fans from outside the area were making fun of him and saying he was the most iratating person they had ever heard. "Down Town LeeRoy Brown" "He Glides and Slides Right on By" "He Roars and Scores" You will here that crap over and over the whole game. What a dufuss. Surley he owns the radio station. Nobody in their right mind would hire this clown. I could be wrong but I think he was the guy that cried on the radio when Tennessee High beat DB in Football back in the 90's

QUOTE(Stonewall @ Feb 22 2007 - 01:22 AM) 826384049[/snapback]"Basketball is the only thng that Mr. Stonewall takes any pride in"....??? You must not be around during football season.

"So he is having a serious problem with denial". What, pray tell, am I denying? D-B IS the undisputed Champion of the Big 9 in the regular season. You remember, the one where you had to play for 3 months on everyone elses floor and win it? Tennessee High IS the Champion of the District Tournament. You remember, the one where you have to be the hot team for 3 days of basketball. You did it, congratulations. Now, let's see who walks out of the Region. If D-B gets beat and Tennessee High is still playing, I'll say it right here....they had the better year. If not, and D-B is still playing and Tennessee High isn't, D-B had the better year. By the way, we're not afraid of that Greeneville team that Science Hll beat by 29 points. You played a hard fought game IN YOUR BUILDING and won in overtime. Good job, now we'll see how it shakes out next week. Don't battle wits with me son. I let you off easy this time.

Noone cares about who wins in regular season.All it does is place you in the district tour. Just like march madness who cares who wins in the regular season its all about the Tournament. Correct me if im wrong but i do believe the vikings won.

QUOTE(b_ball_fan2005 @ Feb 22 2007 - 08:08 AM) 826384135[/snapback]Noone cares about who wins in regular season.All it does is place you in the district tour. Just like march madness who cares who wins in the regular season its all about the Tournament. Correct me if im wrong but i do believe the vikings won.

Au contrare my little bballfan, the teams that finish 1 and 2 reg season are guaranteed a spot in the regionals.

QUOTE(b_ball_fan2005 @ Feb 22 2007 - 08:08 AM) 826384135[/snapback]Noone cares about who wins in regular season.All it does is place you in the district tour. Just like march madness who cares who wins in the regular season its all about the Tournament. Correct me if im wrong but i do believe the vikings won.

This is so stupid. Everybody has forgot about the fact that we're all playing for a chance to be slaughtered in the State Tournment.

I won't correct you at all. Read my post. Anyone who wants to talk smack about how great their basketball team is had better be playing when everone else around here isn't. As you said, "It's all about the tournament."

Good point Waco. I think we are just content in this regard to be the biggest bullies on our block. We are afterall the winningest High School basketball team in history. So, while we're waiting (hoping) for a great run of athletes that would actually enable us to win a state title, we want to enjoy continuing the misery of those around here who hate and envy us so much.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Feb 22 2007 - 08:22 AM) 826384154[/snapback]This is so stupid. Everybody has forgot about the fact that we're all playing for a chance to be slaughtered in the State Tournment.