Region 4A Tournament

catchpc10

QUOTE(back_4_more @ Feb 25 2007 - 07:39 PM) 826389150[/snapback]Maybe i'm mistaken but are we talkin about the same FC team that got put out in the first round last year by JC and lost some major scoring (#3 can't remember his name) I think PC or JC would really be able to control the game with them considering gordonsville beat them at FC which is very tough to do

Key words are "last year". G ville did beat FC at home but FC won twice on the road against them. Both times were double digit wins. Should be a good game but FC has to beat a much improved TC team first

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Budman8 @ Feb 25 2007 - 07:31 PM) 826389131[/snapback]well i have to say the gordonsville vs jackson county was one awesome game. both teams played hard. g ville struggled in the first half but they palyed hard and just came up a little to short. i do have to say one thing it really does not matter who wins between jc and pc. friendship will win the region if they keep playin the way they are. they are full of talent more than any team left in the region.

Are you kidding me? FC will play with whoever wins that JC/PC game, but they will not beat them...esp. if pickett wins. FC has no one down low to match up with both of pickett's big guys. They might be able to guard one of them, but won't be able to guard both of them. And I don't think friendship has seen a guard with the tallent of Jacob Wright. But I guess thats why they play the games.

QUOTE(Possumtowner @ Feb 25 2007 - 08:22 PM) 826389204[/snapback]Key words are "last year". G ville did beat FC at home but FC won twice on the road against them. Both times were double digit wins. Should be a good game but FC has to beat a much improved TC team first

I think they had a much better team last year.. that #3 could catch fire at any time and they had some good bench players too.. and JC is much more improved this year than they were last year and they only lost 1 player.. I can't wait!

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Feb 25 2007 - 01:57 PM) 826388550[/snapback]Your right, if pickett loses a fairly reft game then you will get nothing but congrats from me. But you've got to beat us again before we do that. Pickett co. played you to two ot's at jc and with four of our first 6 players setting on the bench. If Kevin Case is not one of the refs I like Pickett's chances, he's gunning for bibb and doesn't like him so I hope he's not one of the refs. Jackson co isn't playing there best basketball right now, but I guess we will see come tuesday night how everything goes. I believe the winner of this game wins region.

A fairly reffed game? Are you kidding me? First of all JC beat you AT PICKETT COUNTY!!!!! NO ONE GETS A CALL AT PICKETT! Secondly the second game was played WITHOUT one of JC's starters (Bradley Crowder)due to illness and one of its main subs (Morgan Hensley) due to illness as well and couple that with Seth Lish fouling out early in the fourth and you have it very even on the "players sitting on the bench" thing. JC has only played ONE bad game since the christmas break and that was against Clarkrange, so no ones perfect. You say JC isn't playing their best right now? What about Pickett being tied with Westmoreland at home the other night in the fourth quarter? Both of these teams are good teams and i'm sure they will lay it on the line come tuesday. You say that you don't think Friendship can beat either team but especially Pickett? So in your biased opinion you think Pickett is better than JC and we can all understand that. When JC beats Pickett for the third time then maybe you'll give credit where credit is due! We all know PC thought they were just going to show up this year and win the district after Clay lost all those seniors but someone forgot to tell Jackson County they were suppose to lay down and worship the ground PC walks on. After tuesday it just might be the other way around! Either way i do agree that Friendship will NOT beat either of these two teams. As for the Friendship backers, well its not hard to have a good team year in and year out when you recruit from the STATE of Tn and beyond!

QUOTE(bleacherbum69 @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:07 AM) 826389862[/snapback]A fairly reffed game? Are you kidding me? First of all JC beat you AT PICKETT COUNTY!!!!! NO ONE GETS A CALL AT PICKETT! Secondly the second game was played WITHOUT one of JC's starters (Bradley Crowder)due to illness and one of its main subs (Morgan Hensley) due to illness as well and couple that with Seth Lish fouling out early in the fourth and you have it very even on the "players sitting on the bench" thing. JC has only played ONE bad game since the christmas break and that was against Clarkrange, so no ones perfect. You say JC isn't playing their best right now? What about Pickett being tied with Westmoreland at home the other night in the fourth quarter? Both of these teams are good teams and i'm sure they will lay it on the line come tuesday. You say that you don't think Friendship can beat either team but especially Pickett? So in your biased opinion you think Pickett is better than JC and we can all understand that. When JC beats Pickett for the third time then maybe you'll give credit where credit is due! We all know PC thought they were just going to show up this year and win the district after Clay lost all those seniors but someone forgot to tell Jackson County they were suppose to lay down and worship the ground PC walks on. After tuesday it just might be the other way around! Either way i do agree that Friendship will NOT beat either of these two teams. As for the Friendship backers, well its not hard to have a good team year in and year out when you recruit from the STATE of Tn and beyond!

Yer a real funny feller. The best you can come up with is recruitin? Took ye a while to come up wit dat un didnt it? Us folks from Possumtown would be honored to play either PC or JC cause none of you folks seems to think we can play any basketball over here. Course we aint ready to play none of you folks rite yet. We still got to play dem yellerjackets agin first.

QUOTE(Possumtowner @ Feb 26 2007 - 02:29 PM) 826390189[/snapback]Yer a real funny feller. The best you can come up with is recruitin? Took ye a while to come up wit dat un didnt it? Us folks from Possumtown would be honored to play either PC or JC cause none of you folks seems to think we can play any basketball over here. Course we aint ready to play none of you folks rite yet. We still got to play dem yellerjackets agin first.

We absolutely know that your Friendship Christian basketball players are highly regarded as one of obsalete teams in the State of Tennesse. And it would be such a crying shame to see such well mannered and highly talented young men as themselves to be beaten by a bunch of country redenecks that can not even dribble. Am I right or am I right? Well buckle up FC cause either JC or PC gonna take ya'll for a good woodshed beaten!

QUOTE(back_4_more @ Feb 26 2007 - 02:38 PM) 826390206[/snapback]We absolutely know that your Friendship Christian basketball players are highly regarded as one of obsalete teams in the State of Tennesse. And it would be such a crying shame to see such well mannered and highly talented young men as themselves to be beaten by a bunch of country redenecks that can not even dribble. Am I right or am I right? Well buckle up FC cause either JC or PC gonna take ya'll for a good woodshed beaten!

I wus wonderin. Jest whut does obsalete mean? Ole Possumtowner dont think he has seen dat word before. Dont be a usin dem big words with me. Like I said, we would consider it a privledge to play either one of you fine teams from JC or PC. Ya'll are good folks and ye got fine basketball players... Jest hold it with the recruitin stuff. We dont do none of that

QUOTE(bleacherbum69 @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:07 AM) 826389862[/snapback]A fairly reffed game? Are you kidding me? First of all JC beat you AT PICKETT COUNTY!!!!! NO ONE GETS A CALL AT PICKETT! Secondly the second game was played WITHOUT one of JC's starters (Bradley Crowder)due to illness and one of its main subs (Morgan Hensley) due to illness as well and couple that with Seth Lish fouling out early in the fourth and you have it very even on the "players sitting on the bench" thing. JC has only played ONE bad game since the christmas break and that was against Clarkrange, so no ones perfect. You say JC isn't playing their best right now? What about Pickett being tied with Westmoreland at home the other night in the fourth quarter? Both of these teams are good teams and i'm sure they will lay it on the line come tuesday. You say that you don't think Friendship can beat either team but especially Pickett? So in your biased opinion you think Pickett is better than JC and we can all understand that. When JC beats Pickett for the third time then maybe you'll give credit where credit is due! We all know PC thought they were just going to show up this year and win the district after Clay lost all those seniors but someone forgot to tell Jackson County they were suppose to lay down and worship the ground PC walks on. After tuesday it just might be the other way around! Either way i do agree that Friendship will NOT beat either of these two teams. As for the Friendship backers, well its not hard to have a good team year in and year out when you recruit from the STATE of Tn and beyond!

If Jacob wright's on the court in that second ot, and maybe its a different game. Listen you beat us by one at pc, its not like you walked all over us, and as for at jc, wasn't a fairly reffed game....we'll see how it goes on a neutral court tomorrow night. Jackson co. is a very good team, I've enjoyed watching them play 4 or 5 times this year, but yes I am biased towards pc. Around here you grow up thinking that noone can play with those bobcats, and then you become one and play the same way, and then you graduate and have that same mentality. Maybe its a bad thing, but then again, maybe its why we've been to the district championship so many years in a row, maybe its why we have been to the state 9 times since '90, Maybe thats why we have 2 state titles and a runner-up. Sorry if my biased opinion doesn't set well with you, but go win a boys state title or two and then come talk to me.

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Feb 26 2007 - 04:30 PM) 826390364[/snapback]If Jacob wright's on the court in that second ot, and maybe its a different game. Listen you beat us by one at pc, its not like you walked all over us, and as for at jc, wasn't a fairly reffed game....we'll see how it goes on a neutral court tomorrow night. Jackson co. is a very good team, I've enjoyed watching them play 4 or 5 times this year, but yes I am biased towards pc. Around here you grow up thinking that noone can play with those bobcats, and then you become one and play the same way, and then you graduate and have that same mentality. Maybe its a bad thing, but then again, maybe its why we've been to the district championship so many years in a row, maybe its why we have been to the state 9 times since '90, Maybe thats why we have 2 state titles and a runner-up. Sorry if my biased opinion doesn't set well with you, but go win a boys state title or two and then come talk to me.

very well stated!! Bobcats+Winning=TRADITION

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Feb 26 2007 - 04:30 PM) 826390364[/snapback]If Jacob wright's on the court in that second ot, and maybe its a different game. Listen you beat us by one at pc, its not like you walked all over us, and as for at jc, wasn't a fairly reffed game....we'll see how it goes on a neutral court tomorrow night. Jackson co. is a very good team, I've enjoyed watching them play 4 or 5 times this year, but yes I am biased towards pc. Around here you grow up thinking that noone can play with those bobcats, and then you become one and play the same way, and then you graduate and have that same mentality. Maybe its a bad thing, but then again, maybe its why we've been to the district championship so many years in a row, maybe its why we have been to the state 9 times since '90, Maybe thats why we have 2 state titles and a runner-up. Sorry if my biased opinion doesn't set well with you, but go win a boys state title or two and then come talk to me.

now coahpc10 i respect pc's past history but were talking present and your history of the past is years JC was not even in your district,this year JC has beat you twice and when you beat them this year then and only then tell me how great PC is and then come talk to me.PART OF WINNING IS PLAYING BY RULES and if you break the rules you foul out now that's Jacobs problem he fouls out and can't finish and its someone else's fault, I can't rely on ifs and buts as to what might have happened but i know what actually happened JC won