Region 4A Tournament

catchpc10

catchpc10 left out that Pickett Co. has gone to the district tournament finals for 21 straight years...I doubt any other school at any level in the state can say that. And, Pickett Co's "off years" have been coming in 2nd instead of 1st. Their worst year in the past 20 or so was a 17-17 team, but even that one went to substate after losing the region by 1 or 2 points to Clarkrange at the buzzer. As for no one getting a call at Pickett Co, that includes Pickett Co. They get hammered by the refs at home as much as on the road. Pickett holding JC to 7 points in the 1st half will be remembered a lot longer than JC's 1 point and 4 point OT wins, especially since it's the Bobcats going to substate again. I doubt any public school supporter would have anything to complain about the private schools if TSSAA begins allowing public schools to recruit all over the state...and into Georgia.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(senator @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:46 PM) 826392557[/snapback]congrats to pickett co and good luck aganst friendship good officiating again tonite,refs had nothing to do with us loosing,we did not play well enough to win 2 of 18 shooting 1st half won't win against anyone but I give the bobcats credit for their win and I wish you success in your remaining games.From what I saw from Friendship tonite the bobcats will win fairly easy.

Senator, that is very gracious and magnanimous of you. The esteemed county of Jackson fought tenaciously and with vengeance in the 2nd half and that shows superlative determination to succeed. I think that since the County of Pickett and the County of Jackson won't be facing each other again this year, we should form a temporary alliance against our common foe: The Much Talked About, Much Feared, and Much Overfunded....Da,Da,Da,.....Friendship!!! Much Adieu About Nothing if you ask... nevermind. And to our friend, the very candid, Mr. OPossum... Mark Twain must have been a hero of yours because you can certainly sling the metaphorical excrement. Gametime gentlemen; get going or get gone. Jackson and Pickett: congratulations on a well contested battle of wit and athleticism that left those in the stands shouting in utmost joy. Let's band together and support our district in the Regional Championship Game!

Oh yeah,CatchPC10, where did you learn to spell? Your English teacher should be fined!

I reckon we will show up but it dont sound like we got much reason to. I enjoyed watchin the game last night and I really enjoyed the feller which was wearin blue from Jackson Co that was runnin up and down the sidelines like a mad man when their feller hit that 3 which tied er up at the end of regulation. He was a funny un I tell ye rite now he wuz!!!!!!

pcbobcats1...I'll write to you the same thing I wrote to bleacherbum69, who never came back...

Possumtowner may humor you. I won't. You're an idiot. You talk out of your butt because that's all you know to do. You don't know crap about the athletic program at FCS, or any of the other teams there. You accuse people of recruiting and having gone into different states to find players because you're a bitter loser and you figure that you should have been recruited. You were a great athlete in your day...right? Could throw the football over them mountains? Shoot 60% from the arc? You feign knowledge in regards to their integrity because, despite your best efforts, you always come up short. All your life you've dreamed of beating teams like FCS. Even now, you sit back in your chair, dreaming of the looks on the faces of the FCS faithful if and when they lose to your beloved team.

Maybe you will win. Maybe you won't. Either way, it won't matter for you. You'll still be the same bitter, no-life, ignorant fool that you are at this very moment.

Why don't you go back and look at the football roster on page 3. You mean to tell me that FCS recruits a bunch of 5'9'' guys who weight 170 pounds? Quickly, tell me....

--Who was their last recruit?

--Who does the recruiting?

Prove yourself.

Imagine what all those Wilson Co. boys playing on that FC team could do if (like Pickett Co) all they had to do was play basketball. By the way there were 3 boys basketball teams playing last night from Wilson Co. (Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, and Friendship). If FC were really recruiting imagine what we could with all the home grown Wilson Co. talent on 1 team.

Fortunately most of the Friendship players are multi-sport athletes. The Seniors on this team have played 28 football games the past 2 years and been to the summitt of T$$AA's football mountain while the bobcat boys were dribbling, shooting, running, and conditioning for their beloved basketball season.

What will happen in Byrdstown if they were to lose to a "non-basketball" institution like FC? Imagine the embarrassment of a school/town that spends 12 months or 365 days per year preparing for basketball if they were to lose to a bunch of guys that spent 1 week preparing for basketball due to having +75% of their team still playing football in December.

Some of these PC fans sound alot like those Hampton, S.Pitt, TC, G-ville, and Temple fans did back in Oct-Nov. They all wanted to name multiple reasons why their schools and athletes were superior to FC's players only to find out first hand that this group of Sr.s at FC aren't easily intimidated or easily out athleted. The last time FC faced such "overwhelming athletes" was back in November when facing highly touted TEMPLE in football. I won't mention that result!

I know this ain't football (be very thankful for that Pickett Co) but I think our boys will stand up to your team just fine and when the horn blows at the end of the game FC will be ready for whatever comes our way in the substate. You see our kids know they can athlete up with TEMPLE's or any 1A team in the state. We proved it in November while you were practicing for this moment. The question should really be can Picket Co. handle what comes after this game? FC already knows they can.

One parting question....

What happened to last years State football runner-up when basket ball season rolled around?

They bounced back and became

2006 State Champion >>> UNION CITY

Could it be a repeat situation this year?

Best of Luck FC. You make all one hundred and nine county's, 53 states, and 14 continents that your student athletes come from very proud !!!

And how ironic would that be if Friendship would have to travel to play Tennessee Temple in Chattanooga? You know the boys from Temple would have the revenge factor on their minds. Who knows, anything can happen!

QUOTE(Volzchamps @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:34 AM) 826393103[/snapback]Imagine what all those Wilson Co. boys playing on that FC team could do if (like Pickett Co) all they had to do was play basketball. By the way there were 3 boys basketball teams playing last night from Wilson Co. (Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, and Friendship). If FC were really recruiting imagine what we could with all the home grown Wilson Co. talent on 1 team.

Fortunately most of the Friendship players are multi-sport athletes. The Seniors on this team have played 28 football games the past 2 years and been to the summitt of T$$AA's football mountain while the bobcat boys were dribbling, shooting, running, and conditioning for their beloved basketball season.

What will happen in Byrdstown if they were to lose to a "non-basketball" institution like FC? Imagine the embarrassment of a school/town that spends 12 months or 365 days per year preparing for basketball if they were to lose to a bunch of guys that spent 1 week preparing for basketball due to having +75% of their team still playing football in December.

Some of these PC fans sound alot like those Hampton, S.Pitt, TC, G-ville, and Temple fans did back in Oct-Nov. They all wanted to name multiple reasons why their schools and athletes were superior to FC's players only to find out first hand that this group of Sr.s at FC aren't easily intimidated or easily out athleted. The last time FC faced such "overwhelming athletes" was back in November when facing highly touted TEMPLE in football. I won't mention that result!

I know this ain't football (be very thankful for that Pickett Co) but I think our boys will stand up to your team just fine and when the horn blows at the end of the game FC will be ready for whatever comes our way in the substate. You see our kids know they can athlete up with TEMPLE's or any 1A team in the state. We proved it in November while you were practicing for this moment. The question should really be can Picket Co. handle what comes after this game? FC already knows they can.

One parting question....

What happened to last years State football runner-up when basket ball season rolled around?

They bounced back and became

2006 State Champion >>> UNION CITY

Could it be a repeat situation this year?

Best of Luck FC. You make all one hundred and nine county's, 53 states, and 14 continents that your student athletes come from very proud !!!

QUOTE(Speedy79 @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:26 AM) 826393090[/snapback]pcbobcats1...I'll write to you the same thing I wrote to bleacherbum69, who never came back...

Possumtowner may humor you. I won't. You're an idiot. You talk out of your butt because that's all you know to do. You don't know crap about the athletic program at FCS, or any of the other teams there. You accuse people of recruiting and having gone into different states to find players because you're a bitter loser and you figure that you should have been recruited. You were a great athlete in your day...right? Could throw the football over them mountains? Shoot 60% from the arc? You feign knowledge in regards to their integrity because, despite your best efforts, you always come up short. All your life you've dreamed of beating teams like FCS. Even now, you sit back in your chair, dreaming of the looks on the faces of the FCS faithful if and when they lose to your beloved team.

Maybe you will win. Maybe you won't. Either way, it won't matter for you. You'll still be the same bitter, no-life, ignorant fool that you are at this very moment.

Why don't you go back and look at the football roster on page 3. You mean to tell me that FCS recruits a bunch of 5'9'' guys who weight 170 pounds? Quickly, tell me....

--Who was their last recruit?

--Who does the recruiting?

Prove yourself.

Easy Speedy. A little touchy on that recruiting issue aren't we? But you are probably right about pcbobcats1 feigned knowledge of your sterling and illustrious program. What people from this district do know is that your facilities and funding are in the upper-echelon of 1A schools. That's not your fault, just like it's not some other schools in this area's fault that they are socioeconomically impoverished with little funding and community monetary support. Add into the equation that a school like PC has only 200 students and many of them have to work after school to help suport their families and do not have time for sports. You have to admit you have a distinct advantage, but again, not your fault. I'm looking forward to watching a great game tomorrow between two good teams.

QUOTE(pcbobcats1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826393331[/snapback]Mr. Speedy...you need anger management treatment.

ya'll done gone and got ole Speedy all farred up! We jest get a bit touchy when folks start talkin bout recruitin cause it dont happen folks. We are jest a high school fer fellers which live in Possumtown and want and can afford an option in where they school.

I understand whut yer sayin too boomer and i preciate it.

QUOTE(coach_smith @ Feb 28 2007 - 08:49 AM) 826392916[/snapback]Senator, that is very gracious and magnanimous of you. The esteemed county of Jackson fought tenaciously and with vengeance in the 2nd half and that shows superlative determination to succeed. I think that since the County of Pickett and the County of Jackson won't be facing each other again this year, we should form a temporary alliance against our common foe: The Much Talked About, Much Feared, and Much Overfunded....Da,Da,Da,.....Friendship!!! Much Adieu About Nothing if you ask... nevermind. And to our friend, the very candid, Mr. OPossum... Mark Twain must have been a hero of yours because you can certainly sling the metaphorical excrement. Gametime gentlemen; get going or get gone. Jackson and Pickett: congratulations on a well contested battle of wit and athleticism that left those in the stands shouting in utmost joy. Let's band together and support our district in the Regional Championship Game!

Oh yeah,CatchPC10, where did you learn to spell? Your English teacher should be fined!

Well coach I agree he should be fined, not enough grammer in high school and too much beowulf. I like how your throwing around all those big words so that most of region 4a can't argue with you just because they don't know what half of it means. But anyway, back to the game...should be a good game tomorrow night, as for the person talking about wilson co. having three schools in the region tournament last night, well thats great congrats on doing so, but when a school of less than half your students beats your private, highly funded school don't come crying to us about having to travel to Temple. Pickett co. has been an amazing program for 20 years now, without rich almuni giving back loads of money to the sports programs, without having all that money that your students' parents pay for you to go to school there, without the magnificent facilities that Friendship has. We may be out in the country, a bunch of farmers. We may not be anywhere close to as good at baseball or football as Friendship, but we know how to play basketball. And we've got a coach who knows how to coach 'em up. So good luck to both teams tomorrow night, and I hope to see a competitive game.