Region 2 AAA Tourney (Maryville, Farragut, Oak Ridge, William Blount,

thatslife

Maryville vs Oak Ridge

Good game here with Maryville just beating Farragut. Oak ridge on a losing streak but you can never count them out. Winner in an upset Oak Ridge by 5

Bearden vs Halls

Another good match-up here. Bearden and Halls are two very well coached teams with a lot of talent. Give the edge to Coach Blevins. Bearden by 7

Farragut vs Powell

A re-match of a Jan blowout win by Powell, Powell got a huge win tonight but I think there season ends Sat. Farragut will rebound at home this time and get the W. Farragut by 7.

Karns vs William Blount

Probaly the most even match-up of the night. Both teams are well coached. The edge will have to be with Karns at home. Karns by 3

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(thatslife @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:30 PM) 826383557[/snapback]Maryville vs Oak Ridge

Good game here with Maryville just beating Farragut. Oak ridge on a losing streak but you can never count them out. Winner in an upset Oak Ridge by 5

Bearden vs Halls

Another good match-up here. Bearden and Halls are two very well coached teams with a lot of talent. Give the edge to Coach Blevins. Bearden by 7

Farragut vs Powell

A re-match of a Jan blowout win by Powell, Powell got a huge win tonight but I think there season ends Sat. Farragut will rebound at home this time and get the W. Farragut by 7.

Karns vs William Blount

Probaly the most even match-up of the night. Both teams are well coached. The edge will have to be with Karns at home. Karns by 3

ill take maryville by 10

Halls by 10

Farragut by 5

Karns by 3

from what i know.. and it could be wrong but i heard a that a Powell person said the best they play all year long was @ Farragut when they won by 15. i was a little disappointed that game because the Farragut fans werent in the game. there were people there just no one really cared about it..

Oak Ridge

Halls

Farragut

William Blount

Gonna be some very good games Saturday.

The 1st game will be Oak Ridge vs. Maryville at 5:00.

1st meeting Oak Ridge won and looked very good. Maryville will change their game plan and look u play more zone and dare Oak Ridge to shoot them out of it. Look for Douglas and Basile to be too much for Oak Ridge to handle this time around. MHS wins by 7

Bearden at Halls. Bearden is the more talented and better coached team,but they are young. Halls has the experience and the one player that can put his team on his back in Cam Sharp. Look for Simpson and Jenkins down low to be dominate and pull it out. BHS wins by 4

Powell at Farragut. This one is going to be great. 2 very well coached teams. Farragut starting to fade a little and Powell starting to peak a little. Farragut wants revenge and Powell wants to prove their better then people give them credit for. Conner goes off and Powell wins this by 3.

WB at Karns. Teams played in Dec. and was an even matchup, Blount lead most of the game but lost it in the middle of the 4th. Welch hasnt played very good lately looked for a good game from him and Houser to put the Govs in the 2nd round winning by 5.

Good Luck to all the teams and Congrats for making it this far. TO BAD MOUTH-DOYLE WONT MAKE THE TRIP EVENTHOUGH THEY HAD ALL THOSE D1 BASEBALL PLAYERS. JOKES

Oak Ridge at Maryville: This game matches two pretty evens teams. Maryville is better outside, but they do not run the ball in transition as well as Oak Ridge. Despite Douglas, I think that Oak Ridge is better inside. Last time they played, Maryville ran a sluff man defense and it worked for awhile. Oak Ridge is athletic enough to give Maryville problems. If this game were on a neutral floor, I would take Oak Ridge, but on their home floor I think Maryville squeeks by the Wildcats.

Powell at Farragut: Powell is a hard team to figure out. The last three years though they have peaked at tournament time. Look for that trend to continue. I don't think that Farragut has anyone to match up with Conner. He torched Farragut last time. Farragut is a team of basically four three men and a two guard. They are tough to match up with and they are well-coached. Last time, Powell played an extended 3-2 zone and controlled the glass. It will be much closer this time, but I think Powell wins by ten on late free throws.

Bearden at Halls: This is a rematch of a first round game last year where Bearden blistered Halls. Halls should win this game, but I don't know that they will be able to recover from last night's game in time to win. They are playing at home and it should be a huge crowd. Halls is certainly better at the point guard position. Segars will have a tough time with Bearden's personnel. Inside, it is about a draw with a slight edge to Bearden because of athleticism. Playing at home will be the difference and Halls wins by ten.

William Blount at Karns: Should be a no-brainer. Karns coming off a huge couple of wins (Oak Ridge, Halls) and WB coming off a butt-kicking. The key is how will Karns react to their success. That was such an emotional win last night and you never know how high school kids will react coming off something like that. My guess is that this game is decided very late and that Roth or Booher makes a clutch shot to win by less than 5.

QUOTE(Know Nothing @ Feb 22 2007 - 02:32 PM) 826384651[/snapback]FYI -- The Oak Ridge/Maryville game will tipoff at 5:00 due to a scheduling conflict at the school. All other first round games will start at 7.

I'm thinking Powell vs. Halls for the Championship.

Oak Ridge

Halls

Powell

William Blount

Oak Ridge and Halls to advance or William Blount as an upsetter