Huntingdon Mustangs

policecopper

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Titans02 @ Apr 30 2007 - 09:03 PM) 826448695[/snapback]Im not trying to make an excuse but prom was the night before.... i remember prom night and i know i was not thinking about having to play baseball the next day...

I agree - tough scheduling break ! ! !

QUOTE(FriendlyFoe @ Apr 30 2007 - 10:45 PM) 826448812[/snapback]I heard that someone hit a grand slam tonight in the game versus Ripley. Who was it?

Cole McAdams (former Ripley guy). It was much needed. Mustangs put it away late. Keep working guys!!

Congratulations to the Mustangs on the win today against Dyer County. Cliff pitched a good game, although not his best in going the distance. Final score was Huntingdon 8-1. Crocker had a exceptional game at SS and Baxter had a beautiful bunt early in the game for a hit. McAdams has some pop in his bat now and the Mustangs seem to have their head on again after the debacle at USJ. They've been fun to watch this year. Keep on "Hustlin"...

I thought Clifft was great on the mound tonight against a very good Dyer county team. Charted and clocked every pitch tonight, highlighted by 5 pitches at 91 and stayed 88-89 all the way through the game. He has definetly picked up the pace this year. Great job Clifft Dawg and all of the Mustangs. Great team baseball against very good competition the past week. 3-1 ain't bad against those 4. No let downs guys, keep the hammer down.

New Stang or Tricklician.... It would take a minor miracle for the Mustangs not to advance to the next round but who might we play and where would we play? What would it take to go to M'Boro again? Coach Eubanks has done another great job this year and the guys are now primed to go on to tournament play. Any scenarios would be helpful.

Tricky.. I told you to call me and you never did.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(Mr. Mustang @ May 3 2007 - 08:44 PM) 826451184[/snapback]New Stang or Tricklician.... It would take a minor miracle for the Mustangs not to advance to the next round but who might we play and where would we play? What would it take to go to M'Boro again? Coach Eubanks has done another great job this year and the guys are now primed to go on to tournament play. Any scenarios would be helpful.

Tricky.. I told you to call me and you never did.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If we can keep it going and win district we would be facing the number 2 team from District 14 on Monday the 14th (probably Halls, Union City or Humboldt) which is a must win. Wednesday the 16th would be the region championship against the winner of District 14 no. 1 and no. 2 from our district (probably Mckenzie, maybe Bruceton). This is not a must win, winner will host substate, loser will go on the road. Friday the 18th (if we are still winning) we will host the runner-up in region 8 (almost certain JCS or Adamsville) to see who goes to state. Hope this helps and everybody clear your schedules and come support the Mustangs. I like our chances IF we can make it to state. If any of this is not right anyone feel free to correct.

The Mustangs have rebounded really well since the USJ game. The drill that they do have payed off. I don't think that they want to do them again the way they are playing now. Very nice wins over Ripley and Dyer Co.

It will take a very good effort from any single A team to match what they have already done this year. Now I don't care how a team does in the regular season because you have to pull together now or set at the house and listen to it on the radio...

The pitching staff and tight defense has helped the Mustangs win so far. The bats need to get hot. Run the bases smart and produce runs. EACH INNING. Score one run per inning and you will win.

Good Luck to you guys.....Take it to them... The whole town of Huntingdon is behind you.... It's your for the taking.

Mustangs handle the Rockets 12-0. Crocker gets the win. Several Mustangs had big hits, highlighted by Baxter's BOMB over the right field wall. Next up for the Mustangs will be our district rival, the Mckenzie Rebels @ 7 on Monday night. Keep the train rolling Mustangs.

Huntingdon 10, Mckenzie 0

Great job by the Mustangs tonight taking advantage of several errors and misplayed balls by Mckenzie. Another great pitching performance from Spencer Clifft. Took a no-no into the 6th where he allowed his only hit of the game. I don't care how you do it guys, just keep doing it!!!