District 10A

bigtuck4242

QUOTE(nator1203 @ Apr 19 2007 - 09:10 AM) 826440944[/snapback]and it did NOT effect the outcome of the game..so i dont see why its still being talked about..a controversial call, yes, but a game changing call, i dont think so. i would have slid the same exact way, im not saying it was the right call or wrong call, im saying one side wont be happy in a situation like that..its different if a run would have scored if it would have been called the other way but it didnt..

I completely agree with you. it didn't affect the outcome one bit, but its diferent when some kid comes on here saying that i was purposely trying to spike the second baseman. The second baseban was standing on the back and i slid into him with my shin to break up the double play. The big deal about the play was that the home plate umpire made the call from a horrible angle when it should have been the field umps call.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(VeerCoach @ Apr 18 2007 - 11:30 PM) 826440807[/snapback]ok if you want to complain about a short field ... NCS is not much bigger than JBS, I think they are both too short and I agree with the point ERBaseball25 said about pitching in that park .... but why not use Shelby ... big field, nice field, has lights ... when i played in this district 10-plus ago we played at such places as Vandy, Vol State, APSU, and Aquinas ..... and yes Goodpasture and Davidson were in the district then, but no one else complained, because it gave players an oppotunity to play on college field, and for some it was the only time they would.

And as for comment about coach Anderson, yes he does have a swagger and I respect him as a coach, but he isnt coaching anymore. So if he wants to come to games and cheer for his son, I have no problem with it, but when he begin to curse opposing players while they are in the field thats just classless. But I do think that NCS is a better coached team with Coach Frutchemeyer, he played at Belmont and alot of great high school coaches have come through that program and he is another one on the rise.

Sorry but i just have to respond to your post. First of all your earlier post stated that one of the reasons you didn't think NCS should host the district was because Coach Anderson would stack the umpires in his favor. What a bush league statement to begin with, not to mention that you obviously are so ill informed that you thought he was still coaching at NCS. I believe if you took a poll of the Coaches, players and fans in district 10 they would tell you NCS did a great job in hosting the tournament last year.

Not sure what axe you have to grind with Coach Anderson or NCS but obviously you have many of your facts wrong and would suggest you do some homework before you come online and embarass yourself. I suggest you go to NCS and watch a game sometime. The foul poles are now 310 in left and 300 in right with a 20 foot fence in left field. 385 in dead center. Taking a personal cheap shot at Chuck Anderson stating he was cursing a player on the field ...another bush league comment. Be specific please or people might think you got that fact wrong again.

QUOTE(jteasley7 @ Apr 19 2007 - 09:30 AM) 826440966[/snapback]I completely agree with you. it didn't affect the outcome one bit, but its diferent when some kid comes on here saying that i was purposely trying to spike the second baseman. The second baseban was standing on the back and i slid into him with my shin to break up the double play. The big deal about the play was that the home plate umpire made the call from a horrible angle when it should have been the field umps call.

You are slightly miss-informed! It is the plate umpires call on the interference at 2nd. The field umpire has to be able to swing around and see the throw and not worry about the interference call! All umpires are taught now that the base runner has to avoid any contact especially on double plays! That is to protect the fielder! It is a interpretation call to some extent! But a coach is going to argue either way. If you run over a fielder standing in the baseline that is getting ready to field a ball then you will be called out also because you have to avoid contact! The only contact allowed is in a non-force situation and it has to be a slide. In a force situation, you have to avoid the fielder! Remember this is not the Major Leagues or even College ball, there are some amjor differences to protect players on both sides.

I know that all of you weren't there to see that call, so those of you who weren't, don't worry about it. The call could've gone either way, but it's a done deal so drop it. It had no effect on the game's outcome at all. The game was a pitcher's duel from the top of the 1st to the bottom of the 7th, regardless of "bad calls." Sure, it'd be different if it hadn't gone our way, but it's baseball. Being an umpire requires making judgment calls in tough situations, and it's almost guaranteed someone is gonna get mad about it not going their way. You still have to hit the ball and play defense to win the game. Umpires take alotta crap from people on and off the field, and I'm surprised some of them still come back to do it day in and day out. They're human just as much as anyone else. Get off their backs and play the game.

QUOTE(goodeye11 @ Apr 18 2007 - 09:03 PM) 826440692[/snapback]tuck tuck tuck take a chill pill dude i am not saying anythig bad about jo byrns, just because i said these facts doesnt mean these are the top teams they dont just hand out the trophy to the most fundemental or talented i figured you being from Jo byrns and being a part of last years season would know that. I dont care who wins I just like to see good ball, therefore the name goodeye11.

No chill pill needed here goodeye11, i promise my comment was light hearted, and i was only joking. thats why i hate internet talk, because ppl can misunderstand u very easily.

About the whole talk about Jo Byrns hosting a district tournament. Our field is over 300 evey except dead left. Our dimensions are 292, 316, 315 We have a ten foot fence at left field, and thats the best we can do, because Jo Byrns doesnt own the land behind the fence. It is a problem that we have wanted to fix for a long time.

Hooper u said it would be bad because pop ups can go out, but cant pop ups for the other team go out too? i mean its not that hard to lift the ball in the air if ur trying to hit a home run. I mean what are u scared of it would benefit yall the most, because nobody can even hardly get the ball out of the infield against Clinard.

QUOTE(WHHcatcher @ Apr 19 2007 - 02:29 PM) 826441224[/snapback]I know that all of you weren't there to see that call, so those of you who weren't, don't worry about it. The call could've gone either way, but it's a done deal so drop it. It had no effect on the game's outcome at all. The game was a pitcher's duel from the top of the 1st to the bottom of the 7th, regardless of "bad calls." Sure, it'd be different if it hadn't gone our way, but it's baseball. Being an umpire requires making judgment calls in tough situations, and it's almost guaranteed someone is gonna get mad about it not going their way. You still have to hit the ball and play defense to win the game. Umpires take alotta crap from people on and off the field, and I'm surprised some of them still come back to do it day in and day out. They're human just as much as anyone else. Get off their backs and play the game.

Hey Zeke how u been man? Hope we have a good series next week. Looking forward to it!!!

QUOTE(rollinnillor @ Apr 18 2007 - 04:57 PM) 826440529[/snapback]i agree your allowed to slide into the base but when u raise ur spikes its automatic your out cause ur indangering other players

He did not raise his spikes. The umpire did not say that he did. Spikes never even came out of his mouth. You are spouting off about something you have no knowledge of. The umpire told me (you know, the coach that lost his composure) that he slid "through the bag". I asked him when a minimum and maximum sliding distance was put in the rules, but he didn't have an answer. Probably because there is not one. Here is the bottom line.

#1 the play was at 2nd base. He was the home plate umpire and never even came out in front of the plate when he called interference at 2nd base. It is the base umpire's call. If that had been me calling the bases there would have been an immediate conference with the home plate umpire, and either a changed call or one umpire the rest of the game.

#2 The rule is he must slide directly into the bag. He did not slide wide, high, early or roll through the defender. It was a perfectly executed slide and COMPLETELY legal.

#3 Since that was obviously the first baseball game you have ever seen I will make you a deal. Let me know where and when you want to see another game in the area (Vandy, Lipscomb, Trevecca, Belmont, Cumberland, Austin Peay wherever) and I will have two tickets at the gate for you so you can learn how the game is played.

It is funny that the two college coaches that were there watching Teasley pitch both told me how bad the call was. Since they are both on my list above maybe you can get some tips from them as well at their game.

To anyone who cares to reply. This is the first time I have even looked at any posts from coacht since graduating last year. Most of you should know I played for NCS last year, lead off and played 2nd. Nonetheless that is irrelevent. I have heard very little about 10a this year because I havent had the oppurtnity to keep up with anyone even NCS. I know speaking on my own be half it appears that NCS is having an under achieving season because by the standards that we made I personally think this year's team should have been better than lasts but perhaps because of coaching changes and other things it has become a developing year. I gurentee this though after reading a few posts AND THIS IS NO SHOT AT THE NEW COACH. I cannot believe this team is better off w/out coach anderson. one person mentioned there are the best fundamentally sound team, well thats because of coach anderson. sure he upset some ppl off but he was an incrediable coach. I believe this new coach can be good but most of to any success this year comes from him inheriting what was already a sound team. Saying all this...how is every team doing this year?? I would like to hear from a representative from each team and not tuck's or hoop's opinion of how everyone is doing...no offense guys but most of last season was pointing fingers and name calling...anyways good luck to everyone and i hope to hear from some of ya...

QUOTE(bigchief @ Apr 20 2007 - 08:41 AM) 826441696[/snapback]#1 the play was at 2nd base. He was the home plate umpire and never even came out in front of the plate when he called interference at 2nd base. It is the base umpire's call. If that had been me calling the bases there would have been an immediate conference with the home plate umpire, and either a changed call or one umpire the rest of the game.

It is not the base umpires responsibility to call interference on a double play, it is the Plate umpire's responsibility (refer to page 44 of the NFHS umpires manual)! However it is his responsibility to try and make at least to the mound in that situation so that he may have the proper view of the play! One of the worst calls that an umpire can make is one made badly out of position!

QUOTE(bigtuck4242 @ Apr 21 2007 - 10:47 PM) 826442648[/snapback]Who does everybody have this week?

We got Houston Co. at there place tomorrow and at home on tuesday...and tyler we're a pretty good team but we play down to competition like we can't just come and pound a team we're supposed to, we got to play around with them then decide to play in the bottom of the 5th...but yeah NCS is pretty good to, i wouldn't say that they are any better or worse with coach anderson but that new coach has them on the right path

Jo Byrns 8, White House-Heritage 7

This was a great game w/ Jo Byrns going up 3-1 and then WH going up 6-3. Then JBS got back up 8-6 and Mclung added some drama in the seventh inning w/ a solo shot. But thats how it ended.

There were 2 Homers by both teams.

Tomorrow it will be Hill vs. Holman in what should be a very good game. I look forward to it.

Good luck to everyone else tomorrow!!!!

I also heard East beat Houston Co. 11-1