Dyersburg vs Northside - Milan vs Westview

sls

Wow! This is like our very own West TN Final Four. Should be 2 classic games. It is such a shame that along with Obion, two of these teams will not get out of their own region. Five Top 10 teams, (I consider D'burg Top 10 at this point) vying for only two spots. But that is just the downside of having so many quality teams at one end of the state. Reminds me of all those teams who were stuck in the same region as Bradford/Gleason back in the 90s.

Dyersburg-Northside

These teams are mirror images of each other in terms of talent and philosophy. Swift/McLin. Ross/Yancy. Delk/Holloway. Holloway and Delk must stay out of foul trouble or their team is in serious trouble. I just hope neither has to spend extended time on the bench in foul trouble. Both of these teams play old school pound it into the paint offense and rugged man to man in your face defense. Neither team uses the full court press very much so it should be a half court slugfest. These teams have had some epic battles in recent history and this should be a another classic heavyweight battle down to final horn.

Milan-Westview

Poston's A-game vs Westview's 3 pointers. What gives. It is critically important for Milan to have a good cushion by mid point of fourth quarter to win this game. Two reasons. 1. Milan struggles more than they should under intense pressure with turnovers and spotty foul shooting. 2. If Westview has a cushion late and you have to foul to get possession you are toast because their three best players all shoot 80%+ from the foul stripe.

Both matchups are to close to call. I just hope both games match the pregame electricity that is sure to fill that gym. I can't wait.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was just a sample of the way Dyersburg has played all year long...shut down their inside play & their perimeter game disappears...can't hit open shots, can't take it to the rim, etc....tough way for those seniors to go out but that's the way the game goes this time of year.....McLin & Yancy were non factors along with poor play will get you beat by good teams every time....

Wish Northside the best....