Jax Northside vs Dburg

lgindian

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(lgindian @ Feb 24 2007 - 12:55 AM) 826386955[/snapback]Jax N.S. vs Dburg will possibly be the best game of the Region7AA tourney.

I pick N.S. I think Delk's supporting cast is stronger than that of Holloway. plus I don't think Holloway can run with N.S.

#15 & #53 will be the true keys to the game for Northside.

67-60 Jax N.S.

N.S. will take it 62-55...Clifft will have a big game I think...Delk V. Holloway will be a heck of a battle

I think D'burg will take this one. If the game is allowed to be as physical as the one Thursday night, it will indeed be a war. Someone has to find Ross #53 from Jax, and Clift #15. Holloway and Delk will be interesting to watch. Delk likes to block shots, and can get in foul trouble, if the fouls are called.

QUOTE(VOREBS @ Feb 24 2007 - 08:04 AM) 826386975[/snapback]I think D'burg will take this one. If the game is allowed to be as physical as the one Thursday night, it will indeed be a war. Someone has to find Ross #53 from Jax, and Clift #15. Holloway and Delk will be interesting to watch. Delk likes to block shots, and can get in foul trouble, if the fouls are called.

VOREBS.....I don't think Miss Delk will be blocking many of Miss Holloway's shots,do you??...Kayla has the size advantage...I agree with you,if the Memphis refs call it like Thursday nite?..Well,they probably need to have paramedics on stand by....By the way,Memphis refs were in Union City last nite doing the UC-McK game and there wasn't a foul called until midway of the second quarter...Although I like to see refs "let em play",a foul is a foul in Memphis or Troy and they need to be called when they are obviously committed.....That's all I'm going to say about that....

My prediction is Dyersburg 58.....Jax N-S 55.....North Side beat the Trojans twice earlier in the year but they did it with D-Burg at less than 100%...The Trojans seem to now be playing at the level everyone expected this year.....

I think you are going to see an epic battle tonight........I think Dyersburg is simply playing too well and will win by 6-8 points. Forget about Cliff and Delk, they will get theirs, if Dyersburg controls Ross (NS's best player), they win big, if not it will be close.....you know what they say about beating someone three times in a year?

It will be the best game of the tournament and the winner could be holding something "golden" in about two weeks.

backintha...no i don't think so, she had blocks Thursday night, but foulded on those. The picture in the Jax Sun showed one of the fouls, that was not called. By the way, if you read that article in the jax sun, I don't know what game he was watching, but that is to be expected. NSHD...I am so GLAD to see someone agree with me on the fact that Ross is JAx NS's best player. Were it not for her, they lose. No blood no foul rule may be in effect AGAIN tonight, and even if it is, I still say D'burg will get the "W". NSHD....Good luck tonight, I'm looking at D'burg and the 'View in the regional finals.

QUOTE(VOREBS @ Feb 24 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826387079[/snapback]backintha...no i don't think so, she had blocks Thursday night, but foulded on those. The picture in the Jax Sun showed one of the fouls, that was not called. By the way, if you read that article in the jax sun, I don't know what game he was watching, but that is to be expected. NSHD...I am so GLAD to see someone agree with me on the fact that Ross is JAx NS's best player. Were it not for her, they lose. No blood no foul rule may be in effect AGAIN tonight, and even if it is, I still say D'burg will get the "W". NSHD....Good luck tonight, I'm looking at D'burg and the 'View in the regional finals.

VOREB, How do you think Dburg matches up with N.S. player for player? If Delk & Cliff score 35-40pts N.S. wins. If Yancy & Holloway score 35-40, Dburg wins.

Ross for N.S. is truly the difference in this game, I don't think they have anyone to matchup with her.

JaxN.S. 67-60.

QUOTE(VOREBS @ Feb 24 2007 - 09:14 AM) 826387079[/snapback]backintha...no i don't think so, she had blocks Thursday night, but foulded on those. The picture in the Jax Sun showed one of the fouls, that was not called. By the way, if you read that article in the jax sun, I don't know what game he was watching, but that is to be expected. NSHD...I am so GLAD to see someone agree with me on the fact that Ross is JAx NS's best player. Were it not for her, they lose. No blood no foul rule may be in effect AGAIN tonight, and even if it is, I still say D'burg will get the "W". NSHD....Good luck tonight, I'm looking at D'burg and the 'View in the regional finals.

I saw that same picture and my first comment at the Lunch table was that picture showed she was able to block because of the foul that was being committed. I don't think I have ever read a more biased one-sided article than that one. Granted, Jana did not have her best game, but the lack of ref'ing had much to do with that. I think Ross who scored 30 something in the losing effort to FW and Cliff are just as good or better than Delk. Also, one on one, I would take Roney's versatility over Delk"s one dimensial height anyday.

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Feb 24 2007 - 10:25 AM) 826387086[/snapback]I saw that same picture and my first comment at the Lunch table was that picture showed she was able to block because of the foul that was being committed. I don't think I have ever read a more biased one-sided article than that one. Granted, Jana did not have her best game, but the lack of ref'ing had much to do with that. I think Ross who scored 30 something in the losing effort to FW and Cliff are just as good or better than Delk. Also, one on one, I would take Roney's versatility over Delk"s one dimensial height anyday.

You tell 'em, Unc!

I would not worry to much about Holloway keeping up. She is not the Holloway, NS has seen in the past. If anything you might try getting Delk out of that perching stud horse trot or Holloway will beat her down the floor and score.

Ross is by far NS's best player. She is a great defender, rebounder and scores the big points. I think she can be somewht limited though. Mclin must box out, not let her have the baseline and stay close enough not to give easy 3's.

Don't count on Delk blocking too many Holloway shots, clean anyway. NS does not shoot particularly well as a a team. What they do is rebound, rebound & rebound until they score. Holloway, Mclin, Yancey should eliminate a lot of that.

If Ross guards Light or Murray, whover plays point, call 911, cause they will need help quick. She could cause Db to lose just because of her defense. If Ross does guard one of the guards, as she will need to do, Williams or #10 would have to guard Mclin or Yancy and that just won't work. NS may have to make a lineup adjustment and go big. Count on it being a physical game for sure.