Lawrence County-Riverdale

WildcatsBasketball_3

Here is some humor on the game.

Ronnie and Janet Hartsfield are married.

The coach of Lawrence County -(Coach Scott) is the niece of Ronnie (Ronnie's brothers daughter)-

AnnMarie Lanning is the niece of Janet. ( Janet's brothers daughter)

I am a friend of both families - the Hartsfields and the Lannings and they are all very close - lots of love.

I know they hate to see this matchup have to happen so soon.

I guess Ronnie will sit on one side and Janet on the other.

Actually I have talked to them both and they say they just wish they could both win.

I guess they will sit in the middle???? Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(franko6 @ Feb 25 2007 - 02:09 AM) 826388169[/snapback]Here is some humor on the game.

Ronnie and Janet Hartsfield are married.

The coach of Lawrence County -(Coach Scott) is the niece of Ronnie (Ronnie's brothers daughter)-

AnnMarie Lanning is the niece of Janet. ( Janet's brothers daughter)

I am a friend of both families - the Hartsfields and the Lannings and they are all very close - lots of love.

I know they hate to see this matchup have to happen so soon.

I guess Ronnie will sit on one side and Janet on the other.

Actually I have talked to them both and they say they just wish they could both win.

I guess they will sit in the middle???? Good luck to both teams.

Very interesting. Should be a great game and all together a great night of basketball at Siegel tonight. I saw lawrence co beat shelbyville at shelbyville during the season and if they come to play they can beat anybody in the region as well, but I have seen Riverdale play many of times and she is hands down the best player in this region. Riverdale should win this one by a couple of points but who knows. Anybody from here on out can win.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826389873[/snapback]Very interesting. Should be a great game and all together a great night of basketball at Siegel tonight. I saw lawrence co beat shelbyville at shelbyville during the season and if they come to play they can beat anybody in the region as well, but I have seen Riverdale play many of times and she is hands down the best player in this region. Riverdale should win this one by a couple of points but who knows. Anybody from here on out can win.

Exactly, I don't think anyone will be totally shocked by any of the outcomes of either game. All 4 teams worthy of advancement, With that said I still think Riverdale will find a way to win tonight. I'll say Riverdale by 6.

Just got in from Siegel. What a contrast in coaches in the two games. Burkey up by 40, playing everybody he has, Lincoln County scores the last 17-18 points of the game, and Shelbyville wins by 22. Riverdale up by 25, pressing in the 4th quarter with Lanning rolling over an ankle and the other guard banging up a shoulder, and the starters in with less than 2 minutes to go. I thought Riverdale had a chance to win state but if they do it will be in spite of that coach, not because of him. Coach Burkey and Coach Scott sure won the "class" contest. I thought I was watching an Insell in maroon and white for a minute.

QUOTE(larry @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826390992[/snapback]Just got in from Siegel. What a contrast in coaches in the two games. Burkey up by 40, playing everybody he has, Lincoln County scores the last 17-18 points of the game, and Shelbyville wins by 22. Riverdale up by 25, pressing in the 4th quarter with Lanning rolling over an ankle and the other guard banging up a shoulder, and the starters in with less than 2 minutes to go. I thought Riverdale had a chance to win state but if they do it will be in spite of that coach, not because of him. Coach Burkey and Coach Scott sure won the "class" contest. I thought I was watching an Insell in maroon and white for a minute.

Was not at game. Help me out what about this last statement? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

QUOTE(persistant @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:18 PM) 826391046[/snapback]Was not at game. Help me out what about this last statement? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

If you have been watching 4AAA very long, remember how the game always was about Insell, not the girls, which is exactly the way he wanted it. That is how it looked tonight with Riverdale's coach. It was about his ego, not the players. And I wasn't even there to watch that game, I was there to watch Shelbyville, not Riverdale.