Lawrence County-Riverdale

WildcatsBasketball_3

that is probably the only problem i have with coach Burt when he is up by 20 he is too scared to put more subs in even if he were to put in 2 or 3 subs he doesnt have to do all 5 at one time but with 4 or 5 minutes to go all you have to do is get one girl hot like coach scott did a gainst us several years ago hitting all those 3s and its a game again

I do disagree about it being about coach Burt i dont see that but i do agree he needs to play his subs more with a big lead

I was proud of our girls tonight WAY TO GO JESSICA when she shoots good things happens for us so if you are open girl shoot it LOLALEX also did a greast job tonight hitting some big shot and driving the lane a few times and hitting the little jumpers also great job SHELEENA(sp) nice defense tonight and also great job to CLARKE AND NIKKI they are doing a very nice job filling their role on the team and making KEY contributions both offnesively and defensively

Good luck tomorrow to whoever you play

GO LADY WARRIORS

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I was at the game. I never understood the point of keeping lanning in there untill around 2 mins left in the game. I mean she supposely hurt her ankle, but still continued to play. I dont understand why that is. I mean you are up 20+ and ur Miss Basketball Finalist hurts her ankle and you just leave her in there to keep scoring. I mean Riverdale never let up all night in the scoring area, but thats enough said about that.

I saw one guy say Lanning "cant be stopped". I thought we played her well. She started out the game 0-2 or 3. I know she scored 24, but she is not what beat the Lady Cats. I would not be suprised if Riverdale shot 75% or better in the first half. That is a no lie. Every girl was making everything, it was unreal. LCHS couldnt do nothing about it ethier, we'd get a hand in the face and they would still stroke.

All in all, it was just one of those nights for LCHS. Riverdale shot unconsicuosley in the first half, and just put it on cruise in the second half. It was going to need to be a low scoring affair for LCHS to win, but it wasnt and thats that.

QUOTE(larry @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826391083[/snapback]If you have been watching 4AAA very long, remember how the game always was about Insell, not the girls, which is exactly the way he wanted it. That is how it looked tonight with Riverdale's coach. It was about his ego, not the players. And I wasn't even there to watch that game, I was there to watch Shelbyville, not Riverdale.

GREEN WITH ENVY. BURT IS A CLASS ACT. GET IN THE GYM AND WORK, THEN MAYBE YOU CAN BE LIKE HIM. A WINNER IN EVERY ASPECT.

QUOTE(persistant @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:18 PM) 826391046[/snapback]Was not at game. Help me out what about this last statement? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

It's probably because he cries and whines at every call that does not go his way and is constantly throwing his hands upward as though imploring the gods to stop this persecution, and this is when he is ahead by 20. His "shocked and amazed" expression is almost as good as his "agast".

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 27 2007 - 04:17 PM) 826392113[/snapback]GREEN WITH ENVY. BURT IS A CLASS ACT. GET IN THE GYM AND WORK, THEN MAYBE YOU CAN BE LIKE HIM. A WINNER IN EVERY ASPECT.

Do you honestly think a Shelbyville fan - who follows the GOLD standard in Tennessee Girls basketball - has a reason to be too envious of other TN programs? Burt's a good coach, but there's a hundred others like him in TN.

Riverdales coach did not show much class. Leaving a hurt Miss Basketball Finalist in till 1 42 left in the game is pathetic when you are up 17. Lawrence County was already taking out their players and Riverdale is there will the starting 5 firing up 3's. I mean come on. What goes round will come around and Riverdale will not win the state.