Tennessee high VS. Science Hill Round 4

b_ball_fan2005

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:23 AM) 826391567[/snapback]no no no my friend...can't make any excuses about your team having a poor shooting night /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

That's a very funny statement coming from a DB fan...all you guys do is make excuses from being cold after a week or two off, to not having your "best player"...you know....the messiah! What's the excuses going to be tonight "that mean old Wiggins was playing above the rim...that's not fare"!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(TNtnns_07 @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:22 AM) 826391442[/snapback]All I have to say is...if this is a rebuilding year I cant wait to see one where we are predicted to go a longs ways!!! That is if we ever convince some people that we are a REAL team and we dont just get lucky or have the refs on our sides. Basically it will be when the DB and SHHS people give us some respect. Theres always gotta be haters and we deal with them the way we have this year. By winning districts and puttin people in their place. Cant wait for tonight!!! Cap, you gonna be there?

With bells on…well maybe not bells, but I will be there /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . I’m probably going to stay for the next game too. Something tells me this will be the last time I’ll get to see my boys Coty, and Throp play in a DB uniform. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Cap,

Why so testy?...come on now...all D-B fans don't make excuses...and the disdain shown toward an 18 year old kid who is a good kid, but certainly not "perfect" is out of character for you...D-B didn't play badly in the district, but did shoot poorly and part of that is due to the defense of Volunteer (38%) and Tennessee High (30%)...shot better against Mo East (57%)...D-B will play hard tonight as I know the Vikings will, as well...Good luck to you and yours...let's go enjoy a couple of games.

Roll Tribe Roll

It's no surprise that once TN High gets away from their "boys" they struggle to beat a 9-17 Mo West team and then get waxed by SH. Everyone expected this outcome. Science Hill is just better. I'm just glad that them winning the district didn't effect a team a lot better than them like DB getting into the substate.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 27 2007 - 04:40 PM) 826392064[/snapback]With bells on…well maybe not bells, but I will be there /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . I’m probably going to stay for the next game too. Something tells me this will be the last time I’ll get to see my boys Coty, and Throp play in a DB uniform. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> sorry to dissapoint there cap...hy come onout and watch Thursday though /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

CAP......I really don't have to say anything do I?

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:43 PM) 826392548[/snapback]/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> sorry to dissapoint there cap...hy come onout and watch Thursday though /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 26 2007 - 12:24 PM) 826390004[/snapback]And the mighty Indians of DB only scored 54 against a 9th place Daniel Boone team in the Big 9. So what’s your point?

I’ve come to believe that we would have to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers (at home) to get respect from all the haters at DB and Science Hill. You guys keep telling yourself that “we just had a bad game”, or “we where cold from the field”, or “it was just a fluke”, or “the Bahamas refs help them”, or “they don’t score enough points to win”, or “the Vikings aren’t that good they’re just lucky”, whatever it is you tell yourself to sooth your egos. Have you checked to see if maybe there was a full moon outside when these miracle wins by the Vikings occurred...maybe thats the answer /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ? The bottom line is the Vikings beat you both…not once, but two (2) times…even with the “DB messiah” (Coty) and “the great one” himself (Omar)! I’m just sitting back and laughing at all of the same people once again posting their same predictions in a futile attempt to will the Vikings to loose by 15, 20, or more /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . They I will enjoy watching these same people say “wow can you believe the Vikings won…….AGAIN” /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />! I have a feeling that we will have to issue a region wide suicides watch if when all the dust settles, the Vikings are in the Regional Championship game against Greeneville!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well I believe someone spoke a little too soon. Good prediction for the Regional Championship game, I don't think either of those teams are in it?? Oh butttttt Tennessee High had a good season, better than expected, and I assume they will be good again next year. Congrats DB and Science Hill. Hate I missed the Greeneville/DB game, very much hoping DB can pull off the Regional Championship and Substate!! Congrats Indians, Keep it up!!!

QUOTE(skunk @ Feb 27 2007 - 04:43 PM) 826392074[/snapback]Cap,

Why so testy?...come on now...all D-B fans don't make excuses...and the disdain shown toward an 18 year old kid who is a good kid, but certainly not "perfect" is out of character for you...D-B didn't play badly in the district, but did shoot poorly and part of that is due to the defense of Volunteer (38%) and Tennessee High (30%)...shot better against Mo East (57%)...D-B will play hard tonight as I know the Vikings will, as well...Good luck to you and yours...let's go enjoy a couple of games.

Roll Tribe Roll

Skunk I’m not really sure what you’re talking about. I never mean any contempt toward any player on any team! You wouldn’t happen to be trying to twist my words would you…that would be very uncharacteristic of you. If you are referring to the “messiah” thing...that is pointed directly to those fans that feel that Coty is the only reason this team is now competitive. Could it be any more obvious that this is not the case than it is now? Although Coty provided a much needed boost of confidence for the team…the man on that team is, has been, and will be for the next three years…JUSTIN SYLVESTER!! He has played a key role in MANY of the DB victories this year and deserves the credit. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

And yes…MANY DB fans make many excuses anytime they loose a game. You don’t have to take my word for it, that fact is supported by many posts all over these threads.

QUOTE(CoachC47 @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:11 PM) 826392387[/snapback]IT IS A SHAME THAT THE HILL SENT BOTH VIKING TEAMS HOME WITH DOUBLE DIGIT LOSSES...AT LEAST YOU GUYS CAN CUDDLE WITH THOSE DISTRICT TITLES...THE HILL HAS BIGGER FISH TO FRY....ROLL TOPPERS!!

Yah…you may get to play a few more games this year, but if you don’t win a championship…who’s going to care, or for that matter who will even know 5 or 10 years down the road. Don’t get me wrong…I would love to still be in the hunt, but the District Title is there to stay…from now on!!! And if anybody forgets…we have a reminder sitting in the trophy case. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(brock20 @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:26 PM) 826392404[/snapback]It's no surprise that once TN High gets away from their "boys" they struggle to beat a 9-17 Mo West team and then get waxed by SH. Everyone expected this outcome. Science Hill is just better. I'm just glad that them winning the district didn't effect a team a lot better than them like DB getting into the substate.

What “boys” are you referring too…and yes I admit, Science Hill is better than we are this year and that is cool as long as we were able to smack Central around the two times we played.

I think you need yet another little refresher brock...

Tue Dec. 19 2006 THS-52, Sullivan Central-32

Fri Feb. 2 2007 THS-53, Sullivan Central-49

If I’m not mistaken, it’s about time for you guys to drop back down to AA again because it seems your brief time of being able to compete with the big boys is over. It’s got to be hard trying to come on here and talk trash when you’re a Central fan. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />