Best AA teams in state?

EMbaseball8

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ukwildcat12 @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:24 PM) 826389457[/snapback]Here is a list of 12 teams that will contend for the state tournment this year.(not in order)

USJ

Covington

Harpeth

Dyersburg

Lexington

Notre Dame

Goodpasture

David Lipscomb

Loudon

Anderson County

Seymour

Rutledge

I think you can add Milan to that list as a possible contender for this year

QUOTE(momoj08 @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:37 PM) 826394299[/snapback]Ya'll better watch out for Lexington High Tigers! They have an awesome team and some talented prospects. They lost alot of seniors last year and believe me, the juniors are making up for it. With players like Dale Kizer, Russell Rich, Billy Keck, Mikey Overman, Ryan Johnson, Jordan Dunaway, ect... My money will be on the Tigers for State Champions!

Best of luck to the tigers this year, but with only three of those having any high school experience I wouldn't be ordering the rings just yet.

QUOTE(westtennsports @ Mar 1 2007 - 01:31 PM) 826395159[/snapback]I think we need to include Liberty in the conversation after they dealt with USJ last night 11-1. That's the rumor I'm getting at least - someone who was there may can correct me.

I am pretty sure it was 12 to 1 after 3.5 when I left. Liberty really hit the ball. Not sure who the first pitcher for usj was but score 5 on him in 2. Then 7 off Gant in 2.

Anyone know the status of Xan Stewart's ankle injury?

QUOTE(westtennsports @ Mar 1 2007 - 01:31 PM) 826395159[/snapback]I think we need to include Liberty in the conversation after they dealt with USJ last night 11-1. That's the rumor I'm getting at least - someone who was there may can correct me.

This is true, just a scrimmage but Liberty looked pretty good. Through 4 different picthers and give up 1 run in 7 innings. Hit the ball pretty good, Matt Haynes leading the way with a HR and 2 doubles, Pipkin also had a triple with bases loaded. Liberty defeated Humboldt 10-2 Monday in scrimmage. Only scrimmages, but good to see swinging the bats well and throwing the ball well. Xan Stewart had an ankle injury (haven't heard how bad) that is worrisome.

So I wouldn't jump Liberty into top teams in state based on a scrimmage, but they have looked pretty good this week. Just hope they are still swinging the sticks like they are now March 12.

QUOTE(jusdontno @ Mar 1 2007 - 03:03 PM) 826395228[/snapback]This is true, just a scrimmage but Liberty looked pretty good. Through 4 different picthers and give up 1 run in 7 innings. Hit the ball pretty good, Matt Haynes leading the way with a HR and 2 doubles, Pipkin also had a triple with bases loaded. Liberty defeated Humboldt 10-2 Monday in scrimmage. Only scrimmages, but good to see swinging the bats well and throwing the ball well. Xan Stewart had an ankle injury (haven't heard how bad) that is worrisome.

So I wouldn't jump Liberty into top teams in state based on a scrimmage, but they have looked pretty good this week. Just hope they are still swinging the sticks like they are now March 12.

Didn't mean to send them to Murfreesboro already, just know that USJ is definitely a top tier AA team. Even in a scrimmage, to play so well against them means they deserve mentioning.

QUOTE(westtennsports @ Mar 1 2007 - 02:06 PM) 826395236[/snapback]Didn't mean to send them to Murfreesboro already, just know that USJ is definitely a top tier AA team. Even in a scrimmage, to play so well against them means they deserve mentioning.

i agree that they will be a contender and a tough team to beat this year

QUOTE(chargerdawg @ Feb 27 2007 - 01:40 PM) 826391874[/snapback]well as i saw yall didnt murder anybody. if covington would have made the plays it would have been a diff game. it was 3-2 in the third. yall only had 7 hits. Covington had only three. two by elzie and one by bailey. Cov had 8 errors. thats not murderin anybody. thats called cov beat themselves.

Actually, yes i dont care what happened...... 15-3 is a murkin..... sorry yall did get it handed to yall the other night obviously /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(NorthNorth @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:50 PM) 826396166[/snapback]Actually, yes i dont care what happened...... 15-3 is a murkin..... sorry yall did get it handed to yall the other night obviously /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Haha get em! yeah i agree with that, you can mark Covington off the top ten in the state for this year. I didn't see much the other night, but maybe top ten in west tennessee???