Oneida Lady Indians Bow Out

kazam37

Now that is a real theory. (Huff, will never hear it from me) Now I can see what you mean with a number of the girls and for some of those kids that is the obvious reason. I got one part of it that is bothering me. Why isn't it occurring just as much in Wartburg, Coalfield, and the other district teams? Surely the boys here aren't the greatest thing since sliced bread. (I know for a fact they aren't! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ) Heres another thing: Does playing basketball make you any less feminine? In this respect, I can't comprehend their thinking because I love the game so much you would just about have to amputate my leg to get me to NOT step on the floor!?!? (then there is always wheelchair basketball) Dave was I close? Cause if not, I've got another hunch?!?!

Kaz

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still curious if the Mentor would like to respond? I'm not calling you out, it just seemed that you were a bit "pricked" by my comments. As you can see, I didn't disagree with you. There are many determining factors out there. I was just examining some since my "allegance to the girls basketball team is unwavering. I am exceedingly proud of the girls that have maintained their commitment to the program by continuing to play. You will be hard pressed to prove otherwise. You will never find a post by me "ruminating" about what Jr. High a girl came from or taking sides among players. To me, when they choose to put on the Baby Blue, Orange, and White that makes them one in my eyes. I could care less if we pick up a player from Germany (its happened before), when the uniform goes on, thats my girls. My concern was merely, to encourage more kids into that suit! If that makes me a bad carrot, so be it.

Orange, White, and Blue Kazam

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> kaz u truely must be deep in the orange,white and baby blue. Lets see maybe to much blue this year or maybe that was green that hurt more than the blue /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I will agree the lady indians had a really good year that most schools would have died to have. They have their standards set high as they should and sometimes that overshadows what u have acomplished. Best of luck to both the lady indians and Kazzam's bunch next year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> PS- try to get ur colors right next time or u will be seeing more green go down the windpipe. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

One could stand and point fingers all night about the Oneida VS Greenback game but it all boils down to defeat. Not making excuses but the Lady Indians did get hit pretty bad with illness at the end.

This group of graduating Lady Indians will forever hold a place in the hearts Oneida fans for years to come. Next year will definitely be a rebuilding year for OHS but sooner or later that happens and there are a talented group of young ladies moving up from Middle school to complement the few returning players. And....the next year another group of talented young ladies. Thus...rebuilding. You have to take things one step at a time. Believe it or not we will survive. We may have to take some thumps along the way but that will just make us better.

To the graduating Lady Indians, #11 Phillips, #12 Sexton, #13 Chambers, #15 Martin, #23 Bond,and #24 Terry. WE LOVE YOU AND WILL MISS YOU !!

Not only did this class excell on the court but have achieved high academic status as well. Martin being a co-valedictorian, Bond and Phillips sharing salutatorian honors with a third, and Sexton being #9 of the top ten says a lot.

Just remember girls: YESTERDAY IS A MEMORY.......THAT WE WILL NEVER FORGET.

TODAY....JUST IS

TOMORROW IS THE FUTURE.....LIVE FOR IT....IT'S THE REST OF YOUR LIFE

QUOTE(kazam37 @ Mar 1 2007 - 04:56 PM) 826395431[/snapback]I'm still curious if the Mentor would like to respond? I'm not calling you out, it just seemed that you were a bit "pricked" by my comments. As you can see, I didn't disagree with you. There are many determining factors out there. I was just examining some since my "allegance to the girls basketball team is unwavering. I am exceedingly proud of the girls that have maintained their commitment to the program by continuing to play. You will be hard pressed to prove otherwise. You will never find a post by me "ruminating" about what Jr. High a girl came from or taking sides among players. To me, when they choose to put on the Baby Blue, Orange, and White that makes them one in my eyes. I could care less if we pick up a player from Germany (its happened before), when the uniform goes on, thats my girls. My concern was merely, to encourage more kids into that suit! If that makes me a bad carrot, so be it.

Orange, White, and Blue Kazam

KAZ. i was not trying to open up a can of worms. just thought your comments were walking the line. everyone knows you are a part of the program. to me, the feeder program is the livelihood of any program. this is where tradition starts: winning, HARD WORK, wearing the uniform, pride ect. you are right, you can't make them play, but you can find the right buttons to push to keep them interested and motivated. if there is only 6 of the last 22 eight graders on the team, than we need to do something to keep these girls out! i have watched oneida sports since 1980,and was a member berofe of the teams before that. i read this board often,but rarely post. i probably shouldn't have this time, but life goes on.

All I know is their middle school team plays pretty well and is constantly in the top 2 or 3 in area 2. It is possible that some kids just don't want to put the time in to high school sports.....and we as coaches shouldn't try to force them to. Fact is if you push kids that don't want to play in to the gym you will just be setting yourself up for a letdown. After seeing this years district and region tournament it's clear your heart has got to be in it 150% to compete and win.

Coach the kids that want to be a part, make sure that it's cool to be a ballplayer and you'll have plenty of kids that want to play.

All of those things that you stated about where tradition starts.....I think you would be hard pressed to say those things aren't occuring in the Middle School. Now I have no reservations that you know who I am, as you said most everyone knows I am associated with the program. You should have posted this time, because if you didn't give a voice....no one would ever hear it. I don't think you were attacking me or anyone else for that matter, at least if you were you were out to say consider everything, omit no one from the problem. I agree, there are multiple excuses for these kids not continuing in this sport. Heres a new one that I haven't heard yet: Burnt out!?!? I would think it is entirely possible!

Kaz

I would like to say thank you to the graduating class you guy was fun to watch and you will be hard to replace.

Mr. WEST will have his job cut out for him next few years though they will have to rebuild and yes they have 3 girls with playing time back next year but I do not see that being enough. It will be hard for them to make the regional next year but anything can happen.

I will disagree with your pick for making the regional next year.

OZ -yes

Oakdale -yes

Wartburg - new coach first year as high school coach should make it though

Oneida- sorry to say the must first reload 2 years away

Coalfield- yes that group of young kids will be hard to handle

Sunbright- sorry not this year either

I would like to say this year Oneida team was fun to watch wish we could had played them in the championship of the region Best of luck to those girls