Pickett Vs. Friendship Christian

R3V0LU710N

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:06 PM) 826396324[/snapback]T.C. can dunk and these little whiney private school kids can't get on here and say they beat us tonight, so they pick on him for not doing a windmill dunk or a 360 before he dunked it. We won, T.C. dunked and got M.V.P, and your going down to chattown, where noone ever comes back with a win.

Who said we beat you? Learn to win with class. I think this whiny private school kid told you good luck and congrats.......I also defended the dunk saying it was a bad call. Grow up

To the rest of the good people in PC good luck next week

QUOTE(Budman8 @ Mar 1 2007 - 05:05 PM) 826395526[/snapback]You may be right i may eat those words but i dont think so. like i said i give pickett county a good chance to play with friendship and they could win. all i am saying is that this season i have not seen a team this year in the district or region that can play with frienship. i mean yes gordonsville beat them. and it was a close game it was the best game that gordonsville has played all season. so yes friendship could get beat but i doubt it i have seen them play 4 or 5 times this year and they always seem to impress me, like i said i dont like friendship but they are good. and i know you said it but i honestly think there is no way that pc can shot the ball behind the three point line as good as fc. everyone of the starting five for fc can shot real well behind the line so i guess we will see tonight. i am still saying fc by 7

I wasn't at the game last night so.....correct me if I'm wrong.

My buddy called me from the game last night & he said Jacob did his normal routine....he shot from every where. He hit like five 3's & only missed two. iecold06 said TC's dunked was weak? Let me ask you iecold06....how many do you have??? A dunk is a dunk! It sounded like a good game. I will definitely be at the Pickett Co. game next week.

Anyone know when & what time??

Well first of all the game is at the Pickett co. gym, and I believe the time is 7 but I've also heard 7:30. I'm fairly sure that Jacob had 5 three's. I think he finished with 20, he had a good game. When friendship gave him the three he shot it and when they came out on him he drove the lane and caused havoke. T.C.'s dunk wasn't his best, but I could see in his eyes that he was thinking about just laying it up because he didn't want to miss an important basket. But back to Jacob, the kid is an awesome player, he always starts out the game with whatever bibb's game plan is. The other night when they played jackson co. the game plan was to get it to the big guys down low, and it seemed to me that jacob had no problem with getting it to them, and when they we're being covered he turned his game on. I graduated with Joseph Bailey, and I have to say that jacob is better in everything but size. Bailey wanted to get his points and then get everyone else involved, Jacob is exact opposite. Its sometimes hard to believe that whenever his team needs a score, he can just turn his game on and get that score. I'm ready for this CSAS game, should be a good one. Congrats to T.C. for getting Region MVP.

QUOTE(HOGEYE21 @ Mar 2 2007 - 08:24 AM) 826396581[/snapback]I wasn't at the game last night so.....correct me if I'm wrong.

My buddy called me from the game last night & he said Jacob did his normal routine....he shot from every where. He hit like five 3's & only missed two. iecold06 said TC's dunked was weak? Let me ask you iecold06....how many do you have??? A dunk is a dunk! It sounded like a good game. I will definitely be at the Pickett Co. game next week.

Anyone know when & what time??

I am out of high school first of(but I COULD throw it down back in my day, not anymore though), secondly my opinion of the dunk was based off of what I saw the kid do in warmups he CAN leap but that particular dunk was not impressive, I'm pretty sure he has better in his repetoire. I will be at the game also and I am sure CSAS wont get any dunks in but it wont be the same type of team as Friendship Christian

Congrats to Pickett County on the win and also to TC for MVP, thats awesome!! Don't worry bout any talk about your dunks,at least you can!! How many guys would love to be able to do that? Save one for me though,I'm gonna try come watch you guys play if I can. Good luck to Coach Bibbs and his team the rest of this season. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(bendoinitawhile @ Mar 2 2007 - 02:42 PM) 826397188[/snapback]Congrats to Pickett County on the win and also to TC for MVP, thats awesome!! Don't worry bout any talk about your dunks,at least you can!! How many guys would love to be able to do that? Save one for me though,I'm gonna try come watch you guys play if I can. Good luck to Coach Bibbs and his team the rest of this season. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I guess he had good games in the first round I thought #10 was better than him but I dont know what happened in the first two rounds

This was a great game (the ones State Tournaments are made of) and both teams should be commended. This region has a wonderful basketball tradition. My heart is with PC and I do wish them all of the best.

Issue I had in this set of regional games was the gate at Watertown. I have never attended a regional tournament in which the doorkeepers didn't bother with tickets. Something very fishy with that. The way they were just taking people's money and sending them through without giving or even tearing off any tickets leaves a lot of room for questioning!

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Mar 2 2007 - 03:30 PM) 826397250[/snapback]I guess he had good games in the first round I thought #10 was better than him but I dont know what happened in the first two rounds

Well last night I thought Brett Roddy should get it, and then I looked at the herald-citizen today. Jacob only had 5 pts against jackson co. then 20 against friendship and there is no doubt that he is the heart and soul of the team, but he didn't play particulary great in the first round or the semi's scoring wise. I don't exactly know T.C.'s stats from the game against westmoreland but i'm sure he was in double digits. But look at his stats in the next two games, Against Jackson co. 9 pts, 14 rebounds; against Friendship 18 pts, 11 rebounds. Looks deserving of the MVP to me.

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Mar 2 2007 - 06:39 PM) 826397451[/snapback]Well last night I thought Brett Roddy should get it, and then I looked at the herald-citizen today. Jacob only had 5 pts against jackson co. then 20 against friendship and there is no doubt that he is the heart and soul of the team, but he didn't play particulary great in the first round or the semi's scoring wise. I don't exactly know T.C.'s stats from the game against westmoreland but i'm sure he was in double digits. But look at his stats in the next two games, Against Jackson co. 9 pts, 14 rebounds; against Friendship 18 pts, 11 rebounds. Looks deserving of the MVP to me.

HADN'T BEEN FOR BRETT THEY WOULDN'T BEEN NO FRIENDSHIP GAME because Jacob was o for however many in field goals and severl turnovers in last half however he is a good player and he hit 4 big free throws to get his 4 points at a crucial time as good players do.T C played a solid tourney but Roddy just took over the JC game but since I didn't see all game either player could have been deserving.Its a team effort anyway and go win this next game.

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Mar 2 2007 - 06:39 PM) 826397451[/snapback]Well last night I thought Brett Roddy should get it, and then I looked at the herald-citizen today. Jacob only had 5 pts against jackson co. then 20 against friendship and there is no doubt that he is the heart and soul of the team, but he didn't play particulary great in the first round or the semi's scoring wise. I don't exactly know T.C.'s stats from the game against westmoreland but i'm sure he was in double digits. But look at his stats in the next two games, Against Jackson co. 9 pts, 14 rebounds; against Friendship 18 pts, 11 rebounds. Looks deserving of the MVP to me.

T.C. averaged a double-double for the Regional Tourney. thats pretty darn good if u ask me. those stats are MVP worthy to me!!!