Region 1 Finals!

TNtnns_07

QUOTE(HShoopsfan @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:42 AM) 826394859[/snapback]He's talking about the Greeneville coach complaining and making excuses for their loss to DB Tuesday night. He's bench wasn't deep enough, and he didn't have his Dane, quarterback of his team (you would think it would be Wiggins), and it was also "too hot" for his team.

I asked this on the DB/Greeneville thread, but didn't get a reply. Where did Duncan comment about the gym being hot? I didn't read the KPT Times or the JC Press, but I saw Tri-Cities Sports and didn't read that. Was it during a radio interview?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TNtnns_07 @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:16 AM) 826394609[/snapback]I was being a smart @##...and last time i checked...we never complained about the temp. of the gym or the refs /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> ...so i really dont understand why you had to say that?

You ask the question three times, I hope you don't mind if I only answer once. I was saying, to get Greenville to play you, you might have to play under those conditions. I hope that you now understand. Its really pretty simple.

QUOTE(B-Ball Fan @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:50 AM) 826394877[/snapback]I asked this on the DB/Greeneville thread, but didn't get a reply. Where did Duncan comment about the gym being hot? I didn't read the KPT Times or the JC Press, but I saw Tri-Cities Sports and didn't read that. Was it during a radio interview?

The Great Kingsport Times News was the source! So he might not of even said it was hot. I would be suprised if they even had a reporter there.

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:43 AM) 826394861[/snapback]Then you really don't understand Waco! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

HeHateMe

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Mar 1 2007 - 12:50 PM) 826394964[/snapback]The Great Kingsport Times News was the source! So he might not of even said it was hot. I would be suprised if they even had a reporter there.

I heard they sat at home and just listened to it on the radio and wrote a report because they heard it was too hot inside the gym /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

When two teams are comparatively close, it's hard for a team to win three times straight. So, logic would say that SH is due. Unless they get some productivity from someone other than Wattad, then I see the Tribe sweeping. I must say that if it wasn't SH that DB was playing I'd be a little worried about a letdown. When it's a rival and the right for homecourt advantage in the substate, I expect both teams to have thier A games.

WXMS has 2 different times for tonights game-7:00 and 7:30. I think skunk (or somebody) said 7:45. Does anybody know for sure? On another note, why dont they play the boys and girls championship game on the same night? Same gym. It would make for a much better crowd. More exposure for the girls. Or is it too much common cent$ for TSSAA?

as I said relative to the Greenville game, no hot hands (3 pointers) on the DB side equates to either team winning . It was a close one for that reason .

Tonight cold fingers equate to loosing the game fo DB. Get the 3 pointers banging an DBwins just like their last encounter w/SH. That's what it'll take to beat SH 3 times.

CS, JT, and JS have to be hot, or at least 2 of 3 do.

QUOTE(where @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:56 PM) 826395835[/snapback]Congrats to the Toppers. They came out with the intensity early and were hitting thier shots. DB played hard, but seemed to be emotionally spent from Tuesday night. The shots that were falling tuesday night just weren't going down. Good luck to both teams Monday night. It would be great to have 2 NET in Murfreesboro.

I don't recall the ball falling particularly well Tuesday and they got out of that by the skin of their teeth. Face it. They've lost the ability to shoot under pressure. It would probably be merciful if they were to end it Monday so they won't be slaughtered by a big west Tn team. Same ole, same ole. DB just can't handle the playoffs these days. Its beginning to look like there's a common thread with the football team in this regard. They just weren' ready for this game.

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:51 PM) 826396169[/snapback]I don't recall the ball falling particularly well Tuesday and they got out of that by the skin of their teeth. Face it. They've lost the ability to shoot under pressure. It would probably be merciful if they were to end it Monday so they won't be slaughtered by a big west Tn team. Same ole, same ole. DB just can't handle the playoffs these days. Its beginning to look like there's a common thread with the football team in this regard. They just weren' ready for this game.

I think DB spent a lot of energy against Greeneville just to get to this game. I believe both SH and DB could both win Monday night. Good luck to both teams!