Region 1 Finals!

TNtnns_07

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:51 PM) 826396169[/snapback]I don't recall the ball falling particularly well Tuesday and they got out of that by the skin of their teeth. Face it. They've lost the ability to shoot under pressure. It would probably be merciful if they were to end it Monday so they won't be slaughtered by a big west Tn team. Same ole, same ole. DB just can't handle the playoffs these days. Its beginning to look like there's a common thread with the football team in this regard. They just weren' ready for this game.

In my opinion they shot the ball well Tuesday night. Coty was off, but in particular Sylvester and Williamson both were hitting shots Tuesday that wouldn't fall last night. That's the nature of basketball. Some nights those shots don't fall. I'm proud of thier performance. They might not have had thier A game, but I feel they were playing hard. If they couldn't handle the playoffs, they would have lost Tuesday night, but they persevered and I believe will do well on Monday night.

I was thinking before the game that DB would have a better chance to win on the road than Science Hill. I actually like their chances against Powell and perhaps District 1 can get 2 teams to state which hasnt happned since 98 when Tenn High and Science Hill both made it. Maryville will not be an easy game for Science Hill at all even at home but if they play anything like they did last night I like their chances.

QUOTE(BristolBoy @ Mar 2 2007 - 11:15 AM) 826396782[/snapback]I was thinking before the game that DB would have a better chance to win on the road than Science Hill. I actually like their chances against Powell and perhaps District 1 can get 2 teams to state which hasnt happned since 98 when Tenn High and Science Hill both made it. Maryville will not be an easy game for Science Hill at all even at home but if they play anything like they did last night I like their chances.

Keep on taking them (Powell) lightly! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Nobody is taking Powell lightly...fife, you are quoting and responding to a Tennessee High fan...no need to look for or try to create bulletin board stuff...nobody at D-B is taking Powell lightly...we know you hit 33 of 63 threes in the regional...8 for 8 from the field as a team in the 4th quarter against Maryville...Conner leading scorer in KIL 2 years in a row...nobody is taking you lightly...

Roll Tribe Roll

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Mar 2 2007 - 12:23 PM) 826396895[/snapback]Everybody up here should just quit while their ahead. Nobody remembers if you made it to the tourney 5 years from now. But everybody remembers if you get slaugherted in the first round. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Your an idiot. Do you think anyone on that DB team that got drilled by White Station is sad because they made it to State? No, they played against 5 D-1 players. They went down just like everyone else did. The way its set up, more than likely we will get the best team in the State first game. Whats the shame in losing to the best team first game?

QUOTE(cougarball52 @ Mar 2 2007 - 12:30 PM) 826396913[/snapback]Your an idiot. Do you think anyone on that DB team that got drilled by White Station is sad because they made it to State? No, they played against 5 D-1 players. They went down just like everyone else did. The way its set up, more than likely we will get the best team in the State first game. Whats the shame in losing to the best team first game?

Hey easy there tough guy! I might have to drag you out of the barn and down to the K-Mart parking lot.

I don't know why you singled out the DB-White Station game in you post. Its not just DB that gets waxed in the State Tournment. And its not just White Station that does the waxing. I can answer your stupid question though. If we had better coaching (remember George Pitts) in this area that "best team" would be coming from the East and not the West. I see you are satisified with losing in the first game. You must be a coach in Upper East Tennessee, or just a loser.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Mar 2 2007 - 01:35 PM) 826396998[/snapback]Hey easy there tough guy! I might have to drag you out of the barn and down to the K-Mart parking lot.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Mar 2 2007 - 01:35 PM) 826396998[/snapback]I don't know why you singled out the DB-White Station game in you post. Its not just DB that gets waxed in the State Tournment. And its not just White Station that does the waxing. I can answer your stupid question though. If we had better coaching (remember George Pitts) in this area that "best team" would be coming from the East and not the West. I see you are satisified with losing in the first game. You must be a coach in Upper East Tennessee, or just a loser.

Alright then, Central makes it to State. Who do we play? Probably the best team in the state. Am I really that suprised that we get beat by them? No, because Wayne Chism will be the Freshman of the Year in the SEC, and Willie Kemp is doing great as Freshman at Memphis who is ranked #7. Tennessee is a good basketball state. Other states we could contend for State Championships. Better coaching will not beat future NBA players, plain and simple.