IMAC Predictions

mowesttrojan

QUOTE(mwtfan @ Apr 23 2007 - 09:03 AM) 826443224[/snapback]Looks like Cherokee is building some momentum for a last-week run at the IMAC title. Had a pretty good weekend, huh statman3?

They did play well this weekend, MWTFAN, regardless of the level of competition. I hope that it carries over into the stretch run. These were the same teams I remember from last year's tournament with the exception of M East. Just seems the teams that normally make some noise in this tournament are down this year...Daniel Boone, Jeff County, etc....

I guess if Cherokee is the "cream of the crop" in any tournament, some folks will naturally assume the field to be weak.

QUOTE(DZbettin @ Apr 23 2007 - 10:10 AM) 826443278[/snapback]Cherokee should have won it, that was the weakest Tiny Day (or any tournament field) I've ever seen. Seems like everyone is playing their best softball right now, should be another exciting 2-AAA tournament.

It was a weak tournament compared to some others Cherokee played in this year. I really expected to see Jeff County on Sunday though.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(statman3 @ Apr 23 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826443403[/snapback]I really expected to see Jeff County on Sunday though.

Didn't mean any offense to Cherokee Statman. It's just that when one side of the bracket has Volunteer in the championship game /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Jefferson County is still inconsistent, you can't be losing to teams like Bearden this late in the season. Good luck to both teams next week though.

QUOTE(DZbettin @ Apr 23 2007 - 01:46 PM) 826443460[/snapback]Didn't mean any offense to Cherokee Statman. It's just that when one side of the bracket has Volunteer in the championship game /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Jefferson County is still inconsistent, you can't be losing to teams like Bearden this late in the season. Good luck to both teams next week though.

Cherokee beat Volunteer in the semi-final game, and Knox Catholic in the championship game. Cherokee still has inconsistencies with their young team too, especially with the bats.

All quiet on the big board today. A lot of frivolous chatter over the last few days and just when the big week arrives -- all is quiet.

What do you think mwtfan?? Best to take your grill up to Cherokee, sit on the bank, and drink in the sunshine. Pat Head Sumitt coming to Morristown tonight -- where should I go (to watch Gville and East in Gville) -- (to watch Trojans battle for league supremacy -- I know how you all like to share titles) --(too watch Jeff have some BBQ chicken) ....

I guess Pat is for a good cause. Good luck IMAC!

QUOTE(Lance @ Apr 24 2007 - 02:15 PM) 826444217[/snapback]All quiet on the big board today. A lot of frivolous chatter over the last few days and just when the big week arrives -- all is quiet.

What do you think mwtfan?? Best to take your grill up to Cherokee, sit on the bank, and drink in the sunshine. Pat Head Sumitt coming to Morristown tonight -- where should I go (to watch Gville and East in Gville) -- (to watch Trojans battle for league supremacy -- I know how you all like to share titles) --(too watch Jeff have some BBQ chicken) ....

I guess Pat is for a good cause. Good luck IMAC!

I'm passing on Pat, tonight. Hoping to clinch outright IMAC title & the 1 seed. Would be sweet for West to clinch tonight & not have that pressure on Thursday. I too noticed the quiet this week, could it be the calm before the storm? Quiet confidence from both sides? Looking forward to a nice evening of softball in Rogersville. Good luck to all - stay healthy! I'd love to see District 2 make a little noise this year in the Region & hopefully beyond.

QUOTE(mwtfan @ Apr 24 2007 - 12:40 PM) 826444240[/snapback]I'm passing on Pat, tonight. Hoping to clinch outright IMAC title & the 1 seed. Would be sweet for West to clinch tonight & not have that pressure on Thursday. I too noticed the quiet this week, could it be the calm before the storm? Quiet confidence from both sides? Looking forward to a nice evening of softball in Rogersville. Good luck to all - stay healthy! I'd love to see District 2 make a little noise this year in the Region & hopefully beyond.

Could simply be that both are puckered. Big pressure on Chiefs tonight trying to hold on to hope of a tie, but with Jeff and East nipping at their heels for the 2 seed. You would hate to be playing for first one week and trying not to finish third or fourth the next. That's the IMAC for you. No room for the weak-hearted.

Trojans go a skirmishing with the mighty chiefs at the Cherokee Reservation in Rogersville. Arguably, the chiefs have more to play for tonight and with the Trojans on cruise control -- the trap is set for a mighty chief ambush. Chiefs have speed, pitching, and defense to make it an interesting battle, but in the end -- Trojans want count their "chiefs" before they hatch (lay an egg) -- Lance's loser -- Cherokee.

I'm so punny!

I am left to blog to myself. If I do not entertain you IMAC'ers then I just entertain myself.

mwtfan -- how many games have I missed this year -------------------- you are correct --- zero. The amazing lance knows all -- and yes -- Pat was wonderful.

I don't even know why we play these games. I could just phone in the results of the season and we could save our player health for district. Maybe I should just move to vegas, but you are correct -- nothing is as exciting as high school athletics -- where anything can happen -- like even the mighty canes finishing second.

Can't wait to read about tonights West vs Cherokee game. It must have been a good one.

Congrats to Lady Trojans -- no sharing for you this year!!

QUOTE(Lance @ Apr 24 2007 - 10:18 PM) 826444506[/snapback]I am left to blog to myself. If I do not entertain you IMAC'ers then I just entertain myself.

mwtfan -- how many games have I missed this year -------------------- you are correct --- zero. The amazing lance knows all -- and yes -- Pat was wonderful.

I don't even know why we play these games. I could just phone in the results of the season and we could save our player health for district. Maybe I should just move to vegas, but you are correct -- nothing is as exciting as high school athletics -- where anything can happen -- like even the mighty canes finishing second.

Can't wait to read about tonights West vs Cherokee game. It must have been a good one.

Congrats to Lady Trojans -- no sharing for you this year!!

Lance, If you saw the last Cherokee/M West game you don't need to bother reading about this one. Same story....Cherokee takes a lead in the bottom of 5th and turns around and gives away 3 runs in the very next inning.

Very frustrating....Cherokee has played M West now twice.....hasn't allowed an earned run yet, and they are 0 and 2 against them.

SNAKE BIT