AAA SUBSTATE GAMES

timbdp

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Shelbyville pounds the ball inside they will beat Cleveland. The CHS starting 5 are great..But thats all they have..They tend to get in foul trouble when playing teams with an inside game and have no depth. They live off of turnovers for layups and jump shots. A quick team that can play them man D and get inside on O will be the difference in winning or going home.

Just what I'm hearing NO one gives Shelbyville a chance. I suggest not counting them out yet. Cleveland is a good team and has some great shooters. But anybody can be beat. But Shelbyville may have learn a hard lesson Wednesday night and that may give them the edge. We will see if they got their heads in the right mind set.

I have not seen Oak Ridge...but I have seen the Hilltoppers....I do know what Oakridge does but if SHHS comes out like they did against THS when I saw them.....They would a good shot against anyone....I did not get to see the other two regional games....but SHHS if they play hard can get the job done....and win the last game at THE PIT

QUOTE(volntn @ Mar 2 2007 - 07:37 AM) 826396525[/snapback]If Shelbyville pounds the ball inside they will beat Cleveland. The CHS starting 5 are great..But thats all they have..They tend to get in foul trouble when playing teams with an inside game and have no depth. They live off of turnovers for layups and jump shots. A quick team that can play them man D and get inside on O will be the difference in winning or going home.

From what I “heard”: Shelbyville attempted the same pound it inside strategy against Riverdale and proved to be unsuccessful. No offense intended but I’m not sure Shelbyville has the ability to stroke the long ball consistently and their inside game is not overly dominant nor threatening. I do think that Stewart has a nice game but may not be enough to push them by Cleveland.

As for depth in high school basketball: “It’s overrated”. Regular season teams go 9, 10, 11 &12 deep. However, during “do or die” time, 99% of the teams go 7 to 8 deep.