Sequatchie Co. @ Upperman

bo4vols

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sequatchie girls are a scrapey bunch. They will do well next season. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

They played tough tonight. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Congratulations Lady Indians on a great season. I will be counting the days till next season to watch you once again as you are a very good a fun bunch to watch play. Keep up the hard work and improve your game as there are more good things to come for you next season will be here before you know it! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Mar 3 2007 - 05:42 PM) 826398481[/snapback]six four? when did she grow mom? afraid she won't catch kayci !

No hoops fan2, I don't expect her to catch kayci in height. However, she can contend. Still she makes her presence.

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Mar 3 2007 - 05:42 PM) 826398481[/snapback]six four? when did she grow mom? afraid she won't catch kayci !

/unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

I dont get it. first and foremost.....how would you, or any of the rest of us know how much this kid has grown since the beginning of the season????

This kid is 15 or 16 years old....I can promise you she is still growing!!

my kid is in 8th grade. She made me measure her this morning. We line her up to the door, square her head off to the side of the door and put a mark down. She has grown 1/2" since October. And who is going to know better about her height......ME, or some message board slackey that only knows my kid by what they read about her, or see on a basketball court? I think Mom probably has a better idea than we do. Just a guess though.

SECONDLY, why would it matter whether one kid ever reaches the height of another. Skill, desire, coachablity, attitude, ......will all matter more than height.

"you cant coach height" is an over used quote. You cant coach it, but you can sure outplay it.

Congrats to the Lady Bees. I will see ya'll on Thursday!!

First quarter made the difference. Upperman was ahead 19-10 after 1. Seq got it to 24-22 midway through the second and 26-25 with about 1:30 left. Upperman scored the last five points of the second and led 31-25 at half. Seq got it down to 1 in the third quarter, but Upperman was ahead 47-39 after three. 47-44 with about six minutes left in the game, Upperman led 57-47 with 2:30 left, two steals for four points and another shot made it 57-53 in just over a minute after that. Biggest shot of the game, Upperman made a three to bring it back to seven with a minute left. Both teams made foul shots in the last 45 seconds or so. Upperman hit 10 three's but Sequatchie scoring inside and going to the basket, drawing fouls nearly countered them. Both teams had limited turnovers. Sequatchie could have played better here and there and maybe won the game, but couldn't quite do it tonight. Most of the main players will be back next year but the team's two seniors shouldn't be forgotten, good run this year and last by seniors Tiffany Easterly and Kelsey Bacon. Good visiting crowd tonight too. I guess it's a good thing they didn't forfeit, even though there was no way they were supposed to have a chance.

QUOTE(Indian @ Mar 4 2007 - 12:21 AM) 826399061[/snapback]I guess it's a good thing they didn't forfeit, even though there was no way they were supposed to have a chance.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Yeah, you guys should have just stayed home. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Most of us with half a brain knew Sequatchie not only could compete but could win if everything fell into place. They may not have won on the scoreboard but they did wake up a lot of so called "basketball smart" folks.

Congrats again ladies. You should only go further the next two years. Keep working hard.

DL.

QUOTE(shpshter93 @ Mar 3 2007 - 12:21 PM) 826398274[/snapback]Don't bee late this one could be over in the first period. This bees team is one of the best in the state.

Upperman by a lot? Sequatchie gave them a great game. If the Beeeeeeeeessss are the best in the state, then the Lady Indians are up there too. Especially since they have never made it out of the first round of the region in school history. Don't get me wrong, the Bees are a good team, and #4 was amazing to watch. She had a great 3 game. But I bet a lot of jaws dropped to the floor pretty much for the whole game since Sequatchie was hanging in there for the duration. These girls have a lot of heart and work hard year-round. Hope to see you again next year.

The biggest thing is they weren't just going up there to give Upperman a good game, they were going up there to win. None of the players was satisfied with losing by six, they know they could have played better and will use that to build on for next year. The two seniors won't be back but they can feel good knowing they helped the team win 51 games in the last two years, 28 and 23 last year with no seniors, no other team had won more than 25.