Sequatchie Co. @ Upperman

bo4vols

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Indian @ Mar 4 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826399444[/snapback]The biggest thing is they weren't just going up there to give Upperman a good game, they were going up there to win. None of the players was satisfied with losing by six, they know they could have played better and will use that to build on for next year. The two seniors won't be back but they can feel good knowing they helped the team win 51 games in the last two years, 28 and 23 last year with no seniors, no other team had won more than 25.

That lack of satisfaction was plain to see Wednesday in the region title game. Not one of them was happy to pose with that second place trophy. Rachel #11 had the look of a sniper who hasn't got to fire at the target yet. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hunger is what makes champions. I think the Lady Indians are still at the peanut barrel waiting to be seated. They haven't even seen the menu yet. Next year could be big trouble for a lot of the teams on the schedule.

DL.

QUOTE(Antwan @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:47 PM) 826395963[/snapback]Sequatchie has had a very good season thus far. I am not underestimating them at all. My opinion is based on the teams both have played. Upperman has played a much tougher schedule...with a 33-3 record. Tellico and McMinn are not in their league. They beat Sequatchie by 12 in a hall of fame game. That really doesn't mean much...as I am sure both teams substituted and experimented much more than usual. Upperman has had a couple of off shooting nights. If they are on...it won't be close.

Upperman was 10-21 on 3's, I'd say they were on. Who beat who and by how much doesn't matter too much, Upperman beating Livingston by around 20 and Sequatchie by 6 doesn't necessarily mean Sequatchie would beat Livingston. I agree playing tougher teams more often is a plus. Sequatchie can't help some of the teams in their district are still building or rebuilding. They're limited in non-district games anyway since they had 16 district games to schedule first, but that's just something they have to live with. When the Signal Mountain high school opens, they might have 18. A couple of their non-district opponents they beat badly are "money games" and can't be replaced. They did play some good teams including Upperman in the season and had scrimmages or camps with teams such as Walker Valley, Clarkrange, McMinn Central, Loudon, lots of other examples. Those games aren't as effective as playing in the real season but they sure don't hurt.