Science Hill hosts/ Dobyns Bennett travels

noonesfool

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Mar 7 2007 - 05:04 PM) 826403827[/snapback]PLease! This is the same kid you've been on here rapping on for a year or more!

In case you've forgotten Vowlman:

* "Yep! This thread is growing faster than Jo Jo Throp's head after he just broke up a pass that was going for a touchdown! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />"

* "Comparing Phillips to Throp is like comparing Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf. Phillips is a class act all the way around. Both on the field and in the class room"

* "Why do you think Throp is the target of such hatred? Wake up. Did you see anyone targeting Pappas? NO. How bout Burton? NO. What about Sensabaugh? Nuh uh. Throp is the problem. ANd the more people like you defend him, the worse he will act. More food for thought"

* "Why do you guys keep making excuses for him? He's been like this forever, regardless of a tee-shirt incident. He acts like this in basketball and football. He acted like this in middle school. His little brother acts worse than he does. If he is the kind of person that makes D-B what it is, then D-B is a sad place. I still haven't heard one D-B fan admit that this kid needs an *** busting."

* "I don't hate him. I don't even know him. I just know he acts like a little punk that needs a butt whipping."

* "I'll admit that we have some kids that need to be punished if one, just one, D-B fan will admit that Throp needs to be taken behind the wood shed."

* "At a boy Art, pump his head up even further. I bet they did the same thing to Terrell Owens when he was in high school. Not to compare the two athletically at all there. Bottom line is, Throp is a very good high school athlete that has a very bad attitude. You know it, you just won't admit it. If he played for anyone other than D-B you'd admit it. Why can't he be a classy player like Pappas, Burton, Sensabaugh and some of the other great athletes you guys have. Clark seems to be a very nice guy. I just don't understand why he tolerates these things. Kinda reminds me of the Nottingham kid a couple of years ago. Anyway, I'll quit beating this dead horse because it's obvious D-B fans are content with ignoring this problem. My guess is, the situation will take care of itself at some point"

* "On anther note, I have a couple of comments to make about Mr. Throp. Tom, you need to whip that boy. He's a great player, and a hard nosed kid, but he is starting to look classless. I would be embarrassed if my son acted like that. It's okay to be a tad cocky, but when you run up and down the opposing team's sidelines and taunt them, that's a bit too far in my book. There are better players on that team than him (Pappas for one) and you don't see them acting like that. I was embarrassed for him and I'm a South fan!"

Wow it kinda looks pathetic when you see them together. Sorry for the long post...but I think the point was made /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Mar 7 2007 - 03:58 PM) 826403768[/snapback]I can't believe skunk will let himself be drawn into our little argument. It is pretty low of you to ask a question like that. He either has to say his son is not all that talanted or has to say the coach is not very good. Also, skunk does know a great deal about basketball in this area, but I would not go so far as to say he knows the most or is the only one with a honest opinion. Im not saying I know the most but my opinion is honest and I do have facts to back it up. I will say however that you "volman" have the least amount of knowledge about high school sports of anyone on coacht. Someone who claims to be the "Monica Lewinski" of coacht has to be "Nuts". No pun intended. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Wrong, he could say that the team is talented and the coach is good, but just not "Memphis talented". It's not a knock on the D-B players or coach. The only "facts" you have to back it up are your opinions. I may have the least knowledge on here, but I do know that D-B, or any other member of the Big 9, was not going to compete for the state title in basketball this year and it wasn't because of the coaching. Phil Jackson couldn't have taken a Big 9 team this year and won the state title.

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Mar 7 2007 - 05:04 PM) 826403827[/snapback]PLease! This is the same kid you've been on here rapping on for a year or more!

* "Yep! This thread is growing faster than Jo Jo Throp's head after he just broke up a pass that was going for a touchdown! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />"

* "Comparing Phillips to Throp is like comparing Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf. Phillips is a class act all the way around. Both on the field and in the class room"

* "Why do you think Throp is the target of such hatred? Wake up. Did you see anyone targeting Pappas? NO. How bout Burton? NO. What about Sensabaugh? Nuh uh. Throp is the problem. ANd the more people like you defend him, the worse he will act. More food for thought"

* "Why do you guys keep making excuses for him? He's been like this forever, regardless of a tee-shirt incident. He acts like this in basketball and football. He acted like this in middle school. His little brother acts worse than he does. If he is the kind of person that makes D-B what it is, then D-B is a sad place. I still haven't heard one D-B fan admit that this kid needs an *** busting."

* "I don't hate him. I don't even know him. I just know he acts like a little punk that needs a butt whipping."

* "I'll admit that we have some kids that need to be punished if one, just one, D-B fan will admit that Throp needs to be taken behind the wood shed."

* "At a boy Art, pump his head up even further. I bet they did the same thing to Terrell Owens when he was in high school. Not to compare the two athletically at all there. Bottom line is, Throp is a very good high school athlete that has a very bad attitude. You know it, you just won't admit it. If he played for anyone other than D-B you'd admit it. Why can't he be a classy player like Pappas, Burton, Sensabaugh and some of the other great athletes you guys have. Clark seems to be a very nice guy. I just don't understand why he tolerates these things. Kinda reminds me of the Nottingham kid a couple of years ago. Anyway, I'll quit beating this dead horse because it's obvious D-B fans are content with ignoring this problem. My guess is, the situation will take care of itself at some point"

* "On anther note, I have a couple of comments to make about Mr. Throp. Tom, you need to whip that boy. He's a great player, and a hard nosed kid, but he is starting to look classless. I would be embarrassed if my son acted like that. It's okay to be a tad cocky, but when you run up and down the opposing team's sidelines and taunt them, that's a bit too far in my book. There are better players on that team than him (Pappas for one) and you don't see them acting like that. I was embarrassed for him and I'm a South fan!"

Wow it kinda looks pathetic when you see them together. Sorry for the long post...but I think the point was made /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Wow, now I have a stalker! Maybe some of my words were harsh, but I find no untruths in anything I've written. I still think he is a very good high school athlete and I wish him the best. Ironic maybe, but the truth will stand when the world's on fire. I believe he will look back on things when he matures and wish he would have done things differently. Don't we all? Sometimes it's good to have someone criticize you. It can be an eye opener.

"They had a bumper crop"??? I don't care to debate the coaching issue with you, but if you think D-B has a bumper crop of athletes in this Senior class then you really, honestly, don't know what great athletes are. Coty Sensabaugh slid into a D-I football offer on the day before signing day. I'm personally very glad for him, but he's it! The rest of the kids are good, solid high school players that have had their last days of glory unless they are on their way to Tusculum or Emory & Henry. The sheer athleticism of the team's at the school this year can't even get on the same page as the athletes we had from around the mid-nineties until about 2002. Don't take my word for it, count the D-I players. Count the guys like William Miller and Tylee Henry who though criminal, were infinitely more athletic than the guys we have now. This isn't meant as a slam on our kids because I love 'em and I spend a bunch of money driving to watch 'em play. But to say that Charlie had a "bumper crop"? Please.....Memphis maybe, not Kingsport.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Mar 7 2007 - 02:27 PM) 826403658[/snapback]I don't think I have said Morgan is a horrible coach. If I did say that, I shouldn't have. He is not a horrible coach, but a average coach at best. A horrible coach would get fired and end up selling used cars somewhere. I just think DB deserves better. After all you are talking about a school that has won more games than any other in the Nation. I have been taking a lot if flack for pointing out the fact that he's not geting the job done. All those against me have settled that its ok just to win 20 games a year and beat most of the teams in upper east tn. It didn't used to be that way. The goal used to be to make it to state and when you got there people knew you were there. Lowered expections is what will lead to DB's doom. In a few years DB will be loosing regularly to Volunteer, Davey Crockett, etc. Thats why I say in 5 years everybody will be on my side of this issue. Do not even try to bring up the myth that DB did not have the athletes this year or even last year. They had a bumper crop and Morgan blew it.

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Mar 7 2007 - 10:20 PM) 826404212[/snapback]Wrong, he could say that the team is talented and the coach is good, but just not "Memphis talented". It's not a knock on the D-B players or coach. The only "facts" you have to back it up are your opinions. I may have the least knowledge on here, but I do know that D-B, or any other member of the Big 9, was not going to compete for the state title in basketball this year and it wasn't because of the coaching. Phil Jackson couldn't have taken a Big 9 team this year and won the state title.

You're an idiot...you get on here and call for the South's coaches head two years in a row....then you post a comment like the one above. You don't know squat..it's good to see that most people on here can see through your idiotic posts.

Well I hate that skunk had to re-read all that "crap" but that was very good work maroonandgrey! And that was the very reason Volmanscott was named the 2006 WaCoJaCo "Mo-Ron of the Year"

QUOTE(thecull @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:26 AM) 826404393[/snapback]You're an idiot...you get on here and call for the South's coaches head two years in a row....then you post a comment like the one above. You don't know squat..it's good to see that most people on here can see through your idiotic posts.

You are 100% correct!

QUOTE(Skunk@home @ Mar 7 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826404071[/snapback]maroonandgrey,

You know, I could have gone the rest of my life without ever having to reread that crap.

Roll Tribe Roll

Sorry Skunk

I guess it just stuck in my craw to see the back handed congratulations after all the dogging Volman has done to this kid. I felt the need incase some on here only saw the slap on the back and not the slap in the face that has preceded it. I personally wish we had a team full of kids with Josef's pure desire to win and he'll be missed.

QUOTE(Stonewall @ Mar 8 2007 - 12:15 AM) 826404346[/snapback]"They had a bumper crop"??? I don't care to debate the coaching issue with you, but if you think D-B has a bumper crop of athletes in this Senior class then you really, honestly, don't know what great athletes are. Coty Sensabaugh slid into a D-I football offer on the day before signing day. I'm personally very glad for him, but he's it! The rest of the kids are good, solid high school players that have had their last days of glory unless they are on their way to Tusculum or Emory & Henry. The sheer athleticism of the team's at the school this year can't even get on the same page as the athletes we had from around the mid-nineties until about 2002. Don't take my word for it, count the D-I players. Count the guys like William Miller and Tylee Henry who though criminal, were infinitely more athletic than the guys we have now. This isn't meant as a slam on our kids because I love 'em and I spend a bunch of money driving to watch 'em play. But to say that Charlie had a "bumper crop"? Please.....Memphis maybe, not Kingsport.

I can't remember many DB players that have went D-1. But I do remember many trips to the state tournment where DB was competitive. I may be wrong but I cant remember any team DB has had where more thaN one player went D-1. I know this is not a fair comparasment but Buck Van Huss took teams with lesser talent than this years team to the state tournment and was compeditive there. That was done with coaching. I watched this group play ever since they were in the 7th grade. They easly won the sectional when they were at Sevier. They dominated the area when they were freshman, scoring over 100 pnts. in more than one game. The freshman coach had them playing a fast tempo game (Memphis style), with 5 in and 5 out being the norm. It was not unusual for them to beat teams by 40, 50, or 60 points. Then fast forward to their Junior and Senior seasons under Charlie Morgan. Back to "grandpaw style" ball, the half court game with the set shot. Morgan was losing to teams that as freshman they were winning by 50 points. And yes I know that not all the teams were made up of the exact same players but they were all pretty close. DB's player talent actually improved from that freshman team with the addition of Edwards and Sylvester. It was a "bumper crop" until Morgan came into the picture.

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Mar 7 2007 - 10:28 PM) 826404227[/snapback]Wow, now I have a stalker! Maybe some of my words were harsh, but I find no untruths in anything I've written. I still think he is a very good high school athlete and I wish him the best. Ironic maybe, but the truth will stand when the world's on fire. I believe he will look back on things when he matures and wish he would have done things differently. Don't we all? Sometimes it's good to have someone criticize you. It can be an eye opener.

Criticize? When you say things such as classless, being embarrassed to have him as a son, calling him a punk that needs an @&% whooping, stating his brother acts worse than him, talking about pumping his head up like they probably did to Terrell Owens, linking him to Terrell Owens (but not comparing them athletically though /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ). Seems a little more than criticism to me.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Mar 8 2007 - 08:49 AM) 826404446[/snapback]I watched this group play ever since they were in the 7th grade. They easly won the sectional when they were at Sevier. They dominated the area when they were freshman, scoring over 100 pnts. in more than one game.

I actually think it was Colonial Heights who was the dominate team when this class was in middle school. I think they went like 2 or 3 years without losing a game. I may be wrong.

Why do you keep bringing up when this team played Freshman ball? Believe it or not some kids get better after their freshman year and some kids get passed up (height and skill wise). When Pitts was at SH his freshman teams were usually not very good. Freshman team is used to help develop players, not score see how far you can run the score up.