Science Hill hosts/ Dobyns Bennett travels

noonesfool

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, 1st half wasn't bad, 2nd half nobody could hit ANYTHING, and Science Hill was hitting everything. Throp had a couple of shots in the 2nd half but Justin and Coty were struggling, couldn't throw it in the ocean. Wish DB would have won it tonight. Congrats to Science Hill though. Good Luck to DB and Science Hill at substate.

My understanding is that Knox Powell was the underdog in their game. So DB losing could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I try to look at the bright side of everything. Irregardless, congratulations to the Hill and it would be awesome to see both teams in the state tournament.

QUOTE(DBTeepee @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:43 PM) 826397616[/snapback]My understanding is that Knox Powell was the underdog in their game. So DB losing could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I try to look at the bright side of everything. Irregardless, congratulations to the Hill and it would be awesome to see both teams in the state tournament.

Man, thats over the edge looking at the bright side. How in the world could their loosing be considered a blessing? DB will NOT win state. Their chance to win a 1st place award was in District and Region. They lost those. I fail to see why getting to play a couple more games is important. What, on the outside chance they could win state? Both DB and SH will get their chops busted big time if they get to round 1 or 2 of state tournament. IMO, neither can compete beyond sectionals. I'd love to be wrong however.

DBGRAD70 your post makes to much sense. I guess I'm a romantic. Sometimes it is all in the honor of getting there. Other times its the fight, re: Wake Island, the Alamo, Corrigedor and finally the chance to gut the big boy re: Boston College hail Mary pass, Hockey 1980 Olympics and the last few seconds draw play 59 yards out, by SHHS against DB fall 69 /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Yes, DB should be honored and take their chances. I'm proud of your team and wish we were in your shoes. (GHS)

QUOTE(DBTeepee @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:43 PM) 826397616[/snapback]My understanding is that Knox Powell was the underdog in their game. So DB losing could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I try to look at the bright side of everything. Irregardless, congratulations to the Hill and it would be awesome to see both teams in the state tournament.

I don't know who told you that. Powell was the lower seed, but they certainly weren't an underdog. They have been playing really well and had beaten some good teams in the last couple of weeks.

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:28 PM) 826397674[/snapback]Man, thats over the edge looking at the bright side. How in the world could their loosing be considered a blessing? DB will NOT win state. Their chance to win a 1st place award was in District and Region. They lost those. I fail to see why getting to play a couple more games is important. What, on the outside chance they could win state? Both DB and SH will get their chops busted big time if they get to round 1 or 2 of state tournament. IMO, neither can compete beyond sectionals. I'd love to be wrong however.

I find you outlook to be odd. You have a defeatist attitude. By your logic, neither SH or DB can win state so why play the games.

Of course it's important to play the games.

QUOTE(noonesfool @ Mar 3 2007 - 06:58 AM) 826397971[/snapback]DBGRAD70 your post makes to much sense. I guess I'm a romantic. Sometimes it is all in the honor of getting there. Other times its the fight, re: Wake Island, the Alamo, Corrigedor and finally the chance to gut the big boy re: Boston College hail Mary pass, Hockey 1980 Olympics and the last few seconds draw play 59 yards out, by SHHS against DB fall 69 /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Yes, DB should be honored and take their chances. I'm proud of your team and wish we were in your shoes. (GHS)

Other things to remember: Pearl Harbor, Hiroshima, and The Battle at Grenada. Over before it started.

Congratulations to both teams for a great season but it is almost over.

QUOTE(noonesfool @ Mar 3 2007 - 06:58 AM) 826397971[/snapback]DBGRAD70 your post makes to much sense. I guess I'm a romantic. Sometimes it is all in the honor of getting there. Other times its the fight, re: Wake Island, the Alamo, Corrigedor and finally the chance to gut the big boy re: Boston College hail Mary pass, Hockey 1980 Olympics and the last few seconds draw play 59 yards out, by SHHS against DB fall 69 /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Yes, DB should be honored and take their chances. I'm proud of your team and wish we were in your shoes. (GHS)

Honestly I'm proud of them too. They came back well after a rough start. I just don't want to see them get killed 92-45 or some such. Just not a good way to end a good season. I'd rather see them loose a close one in sectionals. I was a romantic for years watching these kids go to state. I just had to give it up and face reality. Now if DB were to whip every team going and coming by say 20 points in regular and playoffs, I'd say they had a good chance at the state tourney.