oakland vs red bank

SopH1025

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:43 AM) 826401698[/snapback]What can I say? In Oakland's biggest game of the year, they come up with perhaps their best performance of the year. Yes everyone is going to rant and rave about the combined 55 points by Jay and Chase, but it was a team win tonight. Red Bank has some players and is great at penetrating of the dribble, but they just ran into a Oakland team that would not be denied. I feel bad in a way that Kit didnt get more minutes, but it became obvious early on that McDuffie was going to be a tough matchup for Kit, even being only 6'2, but in reality, McDuffie was a tough matchup for anyone for Oakland.

Obviously there was alot of attention to King's chance at 500, but you can get alot of chances at 500, but teams like these dont come around every year, so to play like we did against a good team just is the icing on the cake for what has been an unbelieveable season, and an unbelieveable atmosphere to top it off. Celebrate for a few days Patriots, then it is back to business

OaklandGrad......Is McDuffie a senior? What about the rest of their starters? Mostly seniors? Thanks.

QUOTE(bradleybears2004 @ Mar 7 2007 - 12:21 AM) 826403100[/snapback]Sorry to burst Oaklands bubble but Bradley Central isnt Red Bank we are bigger and tend to shot better. If we end up playing Oakland for the State Title it will be a heck of a game. I dont see any team stoping oakland or Bradley on the way to the Finals.

Oaklands not small by any stretch of the imagination. sry D2D.

Oakland-Pg=5'8, SG=6'0, SF=6'4, PF=6'5, C=6'8

Then the guys off the bench are around 6'3 on avg.

QUOTE(TeRrAnCe_JaY21 @ Mar 7 2007 - 03:41 AM) 826403117[/snapback]Oaklands not small by any stretch of the imagination. sry D2D.

Oakland-Pg=5'8, SG=6'0, SF=6'4, PF=6'5, C=6'8

Then the guys off the bench are around 6'3 on avg.

I dont think we have a guy on our team that is under 6 feet tall and kyle Groothis is 6'8 and keith Dodd is about 6"10 so we are on avg most likely bigger. oh and haveig a Mr Basketball finalist on the team doesnt hurt either.

QUOTE(bradleybears2004 @ Mar 7 2007 - 12:21 AM) 826403100[/snapback]Sorry to burst Oaklands bubble but Bradley Central isnt Red Bank we are bigger and tend to shot better. If we end up playing Oakland for the State Title it will be a heck of a game. I dont see any team stoping oakland or Bradley on the way to the Finals.

Yeah, Bradley isnt Red Bank, but they had some really close games with those guys this season whereas Oakland just went straight through the Lions. Watching Red Bank monday night, it didnt look like they had faced too many good defensive teams and I would be willing to bet the same is true for Bradley. BC is good, dont get me wrong, but they wont get past WC or Craigmont, both teams are just too well rounded. That and ill take our Mr Basketball snub over your Mr Basketball finalist any day of the week

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Mar 7 2007 - 05:38 PM) 826403902[/snapback]Sorry about that, missed the question earlier. No McDuffey is only a junior as well as their other best player benford, so they should be pretty good once again next year although they do graduate a fair number of players

Thanks for the info. I was just trying to figure out the best teams in that area next season.