Travis Henry

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Mar 7 2007 - 08:14 PM) 826404104[/snapback]Jeff Fisher interview on 104.5FM this evening was interesting from his point of view.

Everyone should take a deep breath here and let the Titans play this thing out. It silly the money some of the teams are throwing around right now and overpaying for moderate free agents athletes.

Travis Henry is one smoke a way from being out a complete season. At 29, there is not too much left in the tank for a running back with a six year contract. He has his guaranteed $14M with Denver taking the risk that he will be playing. So be it.

If you look at past history of the Titans, high price free agents have been a dud. Please name me one high price free agent the Titans brought in that hasn't been a dud. I'm talking FREE AGENT, not trade for high price player like Kevin Carter.

yeah, ur right. Chris hope was just a dud. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Mar 7 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826404263[/snapback]6 days into the Free Agency Period and everyone is counting the Titans out....They know what they're doing....just let this play out....We could end up with Dominic Rhodes, Donte Stallworth, and some pretty good players from the draft.....

Yeah its only been 6 days into it. But when you've been telling your fans that you are having a "fire sale" for the last 2+ years because of salary cap reasons, you should expect these kind of feelings. The Titans have plenty of cap room, but I've yet to see the big move they are are making with it. I think most Titan fans feel the same. People say that Travis had to go because he was "one strike away", well so is Stallworth, so what makes him negate the Henry move. At least Henry played a heck of a season last year and really helped out your rookie QB.

I don't think the Titans have to make a bunch of good moves, just one really huge one. What about a Randy Moss? More talent than Stallworth and he has at least 2 more strikes.

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Mar 7 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826404263[/snapback]6 days into the Free Agency Period and everyone is counting the Titans out....They know what they're doing....just let this play out....We could end up with Dominic Rhodes, Donte Stallworth, and some pretty good players from the draft.....

whats made dominic rhodes so great all of a sudden!?

Fact is we don't know how many strikes Stallworth has, we just know that he's in the program. Until he catches another strike and see the punishment, that information is closely held. On a broader note, the reason Stallworth was traded to the Eagles was he was a pain in the you know what in the locker room with the previous staff, and continued that trend with the current staff. Peyton jettisoned all of the old trouble-makers and Stallworth was the last one to go.

Also, with all of the needs the Eagles have for a wide receiver, why do they not want to keep Stallworth? Realistically, they are closer to competing for the Super Bowl than the Titan's are at this point.

I was glad to hear Fisher speak about the situation. The lack of information or comments were giving an impression of a ship adrift to the fans. I'm not panicked, but I am concerned because I have yet to see that the players who are left in the skill positions step up their game enought to be NFL worthy.

QUOTE(coach15 @ Mar 8 2007 - 03:25 PM) 826405154[/snapback]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791831

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791313

Two more good running backs off the market....what diamond in the rough or the Titans going to find.

Jamal is at the end of his career and McGahee proved nothing at Buffalo besides being a big mouth who doesn't back up his play with his mouth.

QUOTE(gotmilk? @ Mar 7 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826404216[/snapback]Dominic Rhodes is suppose to be meeting with the Titans this week!

Some of the Titans fans just get too excited, calm down and let this thing play out! No big loses except for Henry and no way the Titans should or would give him the money the Broncs gave him!

Dominic Rhodes signed a 2-year deal with the Raiders.. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />