Humboldt vs. Wartburg

VikingFan9

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Wartburg? Wartburg is a team that is excited to bring honor and pride in representing Wartburg, Morgan County, and East Tennessee in the state tournament. If I'm not mistaken, this is Wartburg's first trip ever to state. They have heart, play team ball, and are going to put up one heck of a fight come next Wednesday. That's who Wartburg is.

QUOTE(CHS_Bulldogs @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:58 PM) 826401559[/snapback]Who is Wartburg? Wartburg is a team that is excited to bring honor and pride in representing Wartburg, Morgan County, and East Tennessee in the state tournament. If I'm not mistaken, this is Wartburg's first trip ever to state. They have heart, play team ball, and are going to put up one heck of a fight come next Wednesday. That's who Wartburg is.

Congratulations on making it to Murfreesboro. I am looking forward to a good first round matchup. What kind of game does Wartburg play? Do y'all have size or speed? Do y'all play at a fast pace or do you like to slow the game down?

QUOTE(bed2i @ Mar 6 2007 - 01:01 AM) 826401566[/snapback]Congratulations on making it to Murfreesboro. I am looking forward to a good first round matchup. What kind of game does Wartburg play? Do y'all have size or speed? Do y'all play at a fast pace or do you like to slow the game down?

Wartburg is a team that likes to run-n-gun the entire game. They have great depth in the bench and like to see how deep you can go, wearing down the starters. They have shooters from beyond the arc and they have the BIG MEN (yes...that's plural) who stand 6'6" plus and who can play inside.

What's Humboldt like?

QUOTE(CHS_Bulldogs @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:04 PM) 826401574[/snapback]Wartburg is a team that likes to run-n-gun the entire game. They have great depth in the bench and like to see how deep you can go, wearing down the starters. They have shooters from beyond the arc and they have the BIG MEN (yes...that's plural) who stand 6'6" plus and who can play inside.

What's Humboldt like?

Plays great defense, athletic, size, speed, shooters, and play well together.

QUOTE(bed2i @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:09 PM) 826401587[/snapback]Plays great defense, athletic, size, speed, shooters, and play well together.

I agree Humboldt is a very good team and seem to be playing their best ball at the right time of year. they are also the best rebounding team that I have seen in A this year.

Humboldt should be very familiar with this type of foe....

Wartburg is similar to Cosby in their style of play.

If I was Wartburg, I'd have rebounding practice every chance, because they'll need it. Wartburg may have big men, but they may not be as big as what Humboldt will bring.

Humboldt by 15+ .... any East vs West game just isnt an even-match...

QUOTE(PTSportsWriter @ Mar 6 2007 - 01:24 AM) 826401690[/snapback]Humboldt should be very familiar with this type of foe....

Wartburg is similar to Cosby in their style of play.

If I was Wartburg, I'd have rebounding practice every chance, because they'll need it. Wartburg may have big men, but they may not be as big as what Humboldt will bring.

Humboldt by 15+ .... any East vs West game just isnt an even-match...

what about westside peabody game

QUOTE(CHS_Bulldogs @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:04 PM) 826401574[/snapback]Wartburg is a team that likes to run-n-gun the entire game. They have great depth in the bench and like to see how deep you can go, wearing down the starters. They have shooters from beyond the arc and they have the BIG MEN (yes...that's plural) who stand 6'6" plus and who can play inside.

What's Humboldt like?

Starting lineup tonight was:

C - EJ Epperson 6'4 Jr.

F - Derek Sain 6'5 Sr.

G - Cordero Wade 6'1 Jr.

G - Odell Jackson 5'8 Jr.

G - Chauncey Hunt 6'2 Jr.

Off the bench:

C - Deandre Perry 6'4 So.

F - Charles Taylor 6'5 So.

G - Raymond Parham 5'7 Jr.

A lot of speed, decent shooting, great inside play and if they get any momentum, it's very hard to stop them as Middleton found out tonight...Middleton was up 28-12 at one point in the second quarter before Humboldt went on a 24-6 run to finish out the 3rd quarter...They don't really have any lights out shooters, unless they're on...But, regardless of whether they're "on" or not, they're still huge and they know how to finish around the basket...Wartburg might be all the things that you've said, but I just don't see things going their way...

Humboldt 81

Wartburg 55