Booing at games in Washington state may be banned

CoachT

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo-ing is part of the game. You boo opposing teams, you boo refs for an unfavorable decision. Then the next 4.3 seconds you are cheering your teams play or a call that went your favor. It is part of the game. Derogatory remarks should not be allowed, boo-ing should be OK.

I have known to clap for the opposing team when a player makes an outstanding play. I do not cheer, but I applaud the effort of the player or players. I will boo a bad call from the ref, I will boo an opposing player that tends to get a little aggressive or exhibits anger. It is part of the game. However, I will never boo a good play byt the opposing team.

Don't eliminate boo-ing from the game.

I think all the rain and snow must be getting to our fellow Americans on the left coast. I feel that booing is an expression of personal feeling and such is protected under the first ammendment which provides for the freedom of speech. I don't even feel that booing is influencing anything at games anyways. If fans want to boo, let them boo.

Expect the liberals to be taking the scoreboards down next. We wouldn't want to hurt Johnny's feeling because he is bad at sports. ...... In case you didn't know it I dislike liberals........ /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 6 2007 - 03:35 PM) 826402405[/snapback]Expect the liberals to be taking the scoreboards down next. We wouldn't want to hurt Johnny's feeling because he is bad at sports. ...... In case you didn't know it I dislike liberals........ /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Exactly!!! But hey, nobody wants to win anyways, it's all about having a good time. Good post!

Even if they do, it won't work. I bet all the fans will continue to boo. They will boycott it that way. What are they gonna do give a technical every time someone boos. They will have to stop games or something, in any big game people are going to boo. I know they would in Tennessee anyway. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Mar 6 2007 - 07:33 PM) 826402756[/snapback]This reminds me of a time when two CHS fans were kicked out of a game for yelling "are you serious?" after a bad call. Everyone has to deal with criticism. Why shouldn't the refs?

You know it's all instructional...let's all just join hands and get along....we might hurt someone's feelings and they might get the wrong idea about themselves if you boo them.....they might think they are losers.

I'll tell you what.....I booed me some folks last night.....players, fans, refs especially.....I'd be the first to go I guess. Then they'd have tofigure out away to get me to shut up while they were removing me....now that a good christian attitude...ain't it?

So now the refs have self-esteem problems too huh?

The association already prohibits any negative commentary about officiating before, during or after any interscholastic activity or athletic event.

I'm sorry, did poor little zebra go crying to his mommy after I questioned his judgement? I can understand not cussing the refs or other players, but you've got to let the fans express their displeasure somehow. Some people need to direct their bleeding hearts somewhere useful rather than crying over this little stupid stuff.

That's like telling the guys they can't paint their chest red and write their school's name on it.

Booing is part of the game. It's not that much different than student sections chanting. Also, if there is a questionable call you should express your disagreement.

Make this rule change and three things will happen at most of your Single A schools. Constant Techs on the crowds or tosses from the game, you'll lose your attendance, and somebody's granny will be waiting for somebody outside with an ax handle.

Thank God the Founding Fathers of our nation had enough backbone to standup for what was right.

Just the facts ma'am

Dean