Congratulations to the Powell Panthers

Know Nothing

These guys have played with passion and heart all year. They had struggles at times with various issues, but they believed in each other and accomplished something that they will never forget. Then, to win against a good team when Powell had such an off-night is really the epitome of what these guys are all about. Way to go, Panthers!!! See you in Murfreesboro!!!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Know Nothing @ Mar 6 2007 - 01:53 PM) 826402352[/snapback]These guys have played with passion and heart all year. They had struggles at times with various issues, but they believed in each other and accomplished something that they will never forget. Then, to win against a good team when Powell had such an off-night is really the epitome of what these guys are all about. Way to go, Panthers!!! See you in Murfreesboro!!!!

Whats powells strong and weak points? Im an oakland person of course.

QUOTE(PowellFan @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:00 PM) 826402987[/snapback]Strong point, when they are playing good they will shoot and hit 80% of there threes.

Week part they are a little undersized, but they play speed ball so it doesnt hurt them a lot

The most ridiculous statement I have ever read. No team in the history of basketball has ever been able to say that they can hit 80% of their 3's. I will grant you that on a good night, anybody can shoot that well if everything comes together, but to use that statement to describe your team or any other team is ludacris.

QUOTE(PowellFan @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:11 PM) 826403007[/snapback]Read what I said, WHEN THEY ARE PLAYING GOOD and they have done that several times this year. They also hit 3 of 22 last night so yes it evens out.

at maryville though they only missed 2 or 3

You give me stats that show how many times Powell has shot 80% while taking at least 10 3s and then we can talk. Any team can shoot 80% making 4 out of 5 a few times a year. If Powell could shoot 22 3s like last night and still shoot 80% I wouldn't be posting on here but your claim is ridiculous.

For the Oakland people, basically just put a hand in their face and they cannot shoot.

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:43 PM) 826403049[/snapback]You give me stats that show how many times Powell has shot 80% while taking at least 10 3s and then we can talk. Any team can shoot 80% making 4 out of 5 a few times a year. If Powell could shoot 22 3s like last night and still shoot 80% I wouldn't be posting on here but your claim is ridiculous.

For the Oakland people, basically just put a hand in their face and they cannot shoot.

They don't make 80% of their 3's, but they do shoot it well. In the 3 game regional touney they were 33 of 63 from three point range. On the year Powell shot in the low 40's from three point range. The 7 players who are in the regular rotation shot right at 45% from 3 point range for the year.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Mar 7 2007 - 01:01 PM) 826403554[/snapback]Shelbyville beat Powell earlier in the year by 12. Oakland will have no trouble with them.

Yeah, Oakland need not even game plan for Powell. They should just concentrate on whoever they are playing next. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(HTV @ Mar 7 2007 - 12:08 PM) 826403563[/snapback]Yeah, Oakland need not even game plan for Powell. They should just concentrate on whoever they are playing next. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

But what is the fun in that? Oakland has to wait over a week to play powell, so I would just rather focus on powell. Yeah, Oakland is the favorite, but it is truly tough just to make it to the state tournament, only 1 team is back from last year, so that says somethin