Riverdale vs Oak Ridge

riverdaleman

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have heard oak ridge is pretty young multiple times on here so that will be an advantage to riverdale starting 4 seniors and 1 junior. i read in the DNJ today that their coach has been coaching 28 years and has over 800 wins VERY impressive so she should have her girls ready and they should be tough. coach burt and the lady warriors attended some of the A/AA tournament today just to give them a re-feel of the arena (im sure all had been there to see the lady raiders before since its in town and we played there in summer camps before).

i expect my lady warriors to show up good tommorrow. lady warriors by 8 /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

QUOTE(tdntn @ Mar 7 2007 - 09:36 PM) 826404245[/snapback]i have heard oak ridge is pretty young multiple times on here so that will be an advantage to riverdale starting 4 seniors and 1 junior. i read in the DNJ today that their coach has been coaching 28 years and has over 800 wins VERY impressive so she should have her girls ready and they should be tough. coach burt and the lady warriors attended some of the A/AA tournament today just to give them a re-feel of the arena (im sure all had been there to see the lady raiders before since its in town and we played there in summer camps before).

i expect my lady warriors to show up good tommorrow. lady warriors by 8 /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

the coach is one of thest

Alright....i am going to my oldest sons game at 4:00 and then off to Murphy Center to watch the LADY WARRIORS go after a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP i am so excited and proud of these wonderful ladies!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep playing like you have been for the last few weeks and everything will work out

GO LADY WARRIORS

Ok, Oak Ridge is a young team and personally I have only seen them play five times this year. Having said that let me tell you what I have observed. I saw a group of young ladies playing strongly together as a team. To the player, when they have the ball, or are recovering the ball, their eyes are moving fast to find not only the open player, but the one who has the best possibility to breakaway or shoot. I saw a team that plays together better than most teams always focusing on what works best for the team, rather than any one person. I saw a group of ladies who pay attention to their coach during breaks as they knows she is not only in control, she knows what will work. I saw a very physical team who can run up and down the floor with the best and seem to enjoy the running. I saw the two lone seniors listening to the some of the younger players when they made suggestions and vice versa, no arguing, just great communications.

Oak Ridge has great respect for the Warrior program in all sports and never take them for granted. Riverdale would be wise to return the thought.

As for who wins, it will be decided on the court, but I have to tell you I like what I see in these ladies from Oak Ridge.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL.

How many games have you seen the Warriors play?

They play very well together as a team, as well. IMO, AML sees the floor better than any player I know.

We'll see....

QUOTE(OakRidgeCat @ Mar 8 2007 - 03:11 PM) 826405133[/snapback]Ok, Oak Ridge is a young team and personally I have only seen them play five times this year. Having said that let me tell you what I have observed. I saw a group of young ladies playing strongly together as a team. To the player, when they have the ball, or are recovering the ball, their eyes are moving fast to find not only the open player, but the one who has the best possibility to breakaway or shoot. I saw a team that plays together better than most teams always focusing on what works best for the team, rather than any one person. I saw a group of ladies who pay attention to their coach during breaks as they knows she is not only in control, she knows what will work. I saw a very physical team who can run up and down the floor with the best and seem to enjoy the running. I saw the two lone seniors listening to the some of the younger players when they made suggestions and vice versa, no arguing, just great communications.

Oak Ridge has great respect for the Warrior program in all sports and never take them for granted. Riverdale would be wise to return the thought.

As for who wins, it will be decided on the court, but I have to tell you I like what I see in these ladies from Oak Ridge.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL.