Oakland vs. Powell

#1VolsFan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dare_2_dream @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:06 PM) 826409579[/snapback]Anne Marie is a baller. She is going to be something special in college.

Yes she is and with her already committed to MTSU we will continue to be able to watch her.

BTW TJ she scored almost as much as the ENTIRE team at Siegel this season so I would say she is a little better than alright. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(SiegelNation07 @ Mar 12 2007 - 07:54 PM) 826409559[/snapback]HAHA you dont win district 7AAA MVP for no reason either. Oakland will show you how weak east tn bball is.

Conners even going to play in college. I mean actually play like Chaisson is going to.

First of all, no one is saying that Allen is not a player. I coach at Powell and he is a very good player from what I have seen on film. In fact, he could probably play at a major DI school if he wanted to red shirt a year and add some weight. That is the ONLY thing he does not have. But, I really don't want to see Chris Conner disrespected either. Conner, like Allen, has a legitimate beef with not being a Mr. Basketball finalist. Both are fantastic high school players. Conner is being recruited by quite a few DI schools, and even some SEC schools have recently started showing significant interest. Nobody should be disrespecting anyone on here, but especially not players like Allen and Conner.

On a sidenote, we scrimmaged Austin-East today at UT and won handily. By my count, Conner went 8-9 from the three-point line and had close to 40 points. Austin-East has some great athletes and Conner absolutely shreded them. Granted it was a scrimmage, but A-E could not guard him. Take it for what it is worth.

I have much respect for Powell. They would not be at state if they weren't GOOD! I know this game will NOT be a cakewalk whatsoever. At state, you have to BRING it every time you get your hands on the ball, and everytime you go on defense.

Most of these posters are simply fans from 7AAA and have respect for Chaisson Allen's play. They are NOT even students from Oakland, so if you plan to use these posts for motivation, COACH.....you may be barking up the wrong tree.

Chaisson would have

many more

lucrative

offer at this stage of the game, but he VERBALLy committed way before the bball season began b/c he thought that Northeastern gave him the best opportunity academically and athletically. After winning MVP once again, helping to lead his team to state, and scoring over 1600 pts in his career as a 3 yr starter at Oakland, I am sure his stock rose. As I said before, he did NOT wish to have any distractions this season by worrying about college, b/c Chaisson is all about TEAM, and not himself.

If you read any of my posts they are respectful, I didnt say one thing out of line until you guys started talking crap about Powell.

I know Conner is a great player (his brother is the 6th best 3 point shooter all time for the Mocs of Chattanooga) Which that is pretty nice.

I would like to get to come and watch, but unfortunately TN is playing in Columbus Friday and I wont have time to make it with work and getting to Columbus. It will be a good game. Powell is not going to roll over like you guys think.

As I said, I know this is going to be a great game. There is one thing that Coach King is a master at and that is keeping his players focused, grounded, and in line. You can bet the players are NOT thinking they are going to run all over Powell. They know if you look ahead, you lose. It is a very simple concept. Fans may have high hopes and expectations, but the players see this game for what it is.....a challenge against an excellent program .

QUOTE(PowellFan @ Mar 12 2007 - 06:05 PM) 826409382[/snapback]Not trying to be a smart butt,

But this guy Chaisen The way your making it sound hes the best player to EVER come out of TN and should go straight to the NBA and be making millions.

But then I look at the scout.com and see he has 2 college offers Northeastern and Tulane I know who tulane is but who is norteastern.

This is not meant to be rude, but I just really dont understand how you guys are making him out to be so great yet hes not being looked at by any major colleges.

QUOTE(PowellFan @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:38 PM) 826409528[/snapback]Northeastern and there big 13-19 record, yah I hope conner stays away from there.

You dont average 23 ppg in knoxville for no reason, you will begin to see why this week.

When he is the best player at the school in the past decade, people tend to make a big deal out of it.

Northeastern pretty much had to start from scratch since their previous coach screwed em over. They have the CAA rookie of the year and have 2 pretty good transfers coming in, plus never mind the fact that these guys do play in the CAA, you know the same CAA that had that monster of a cinderella team, GEORGE MASON, maybe you've heard of them. Plus, they're sending 2 to the NCAA's and 2 to the NIT, so this is no garbage conference. The ones that dont know much about this program will say chaisson chaisson chaissson, but the ones who know why Oakland is so successful will tell you differently, you beat Oakland by shutting down the supporting cast, not by shutting down chaisson, who has a season low of 15.

QUOTE(PowellFan @ Mar 12 2007 - 10:18 PM) 826409704[/snapback]I like to see they are a team doesnt seem like it though since everyone is pumping up this allen kid so much as the next michael jordan.