T.C.A.- Oliver springs

muffin

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

K. Christopher happened! I am not mincing words, she has been a special player for quite some time now and I am on record as making that statement before. I don't even pull for O.S. (except right now because they are in our district), but she is the deal.......and she is proving it on the state's biggest stage! I hope they get gold, it will just make the rest of us work harder to catch up. (at least at the district level) Congrads, Lady Bobcats! Good luck overcoming that tornado in the distance called Gleason!

Kaz

Good job, Coach C! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Meet Tennessee's top sophomore-Kayla Christopher and the rest of the talented Lady Bobcats. After 4 state tourney appearances in the last 6 years, OS makes the state championship game. Of course, the two years OS didn't make the tourney they were ranked in the top 5 ( including #1 in AA 3 years ago for much of the season) for almost almost the entire seasons. Why people are surprised Oliver Springs is making a push for the Gold Ball is baffling considering the last 6 years of Lady Bobcat Basketball.

Congrats to an outstanding Group of Ladies who deserve every minute of this.

QUOTE(OS91 @ Mar 9 2007 - 02:31 PM) 826406320[/snapback]Meet Tennessee's top sophomore-Kayla Christopher and the rest of the talented Lady Bobcats. After 4 state tourney appearances in the last 6 years, OS makes the state championship game. Of course, the two years OS didn't make the tourney they were ranked in the top 5 ( including #1 in AA 3 years ago for much of the season) for almost almost the entire seasons. Why people are surprised Oliver Springs is making a push for the Gold Ball is baffling considering the last 6 years of Lady Bobcat Basketball.

I didn't say I was surprised they won, only that TCA relinquished a lead so quickly and lost by eight after leading the entire way.

QUOTE(OS91 @ Mar 9 2007 - 02:31 PM) 826406320[/snapback]Meet Tennessee's top sophomore-Kayla Christopher and the rest of the talented Lady Bobcats. After 4 state tourney appearances in the last 6 years, OS makes the state championship game. Of course, the two years OS didn't make the tourney they were ranked in the top 5 ( including #1 in AA 3 years ago for much of the season) for almost almost the entire seasons. Why people are surprised Oliver Springs is making a push for the Gold Ball is baffling considering the last 6 years of Lady Bobcat Basketball.

I tried to tell people that Unaka girls played very well at Oliver Springs in the substate game. I have been an East Tennessee sportswriter and followed high school basketball for a quiet some time and Kayla Christopher is one of the best girls basketball players that I've ever seen at that age.

Kudos to Oliver Springs for reaching the championship game. As for the nice lady that sits behind the bench and keeps the stats, someone tell her I'm sorry I wasn't there to get you behind the bench.

And to Miss Bartger whom I sit beside of at the Oliver Springs and Unaka game, I wish your daughter and her teammates and you a ton of luck. As a parent I watched my son play in the state championship game in 2004 and nothing I could say or write could ever describe that moment.

TC

I think OS91 summed it up best, pressure defense by OZ late in the game,

and a couple of clutch shots and free throws made the difference, and

of course, Kayla!!!!

I feel like I've been on the road on all week, /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

back to the boro tommorow!!

Go Bobcats!!

This game was the worst officiated game of the tournament. Even both coaches said so. The officials were inconsistent the entire game. Usually in the state tournament the official let the kids play, not today. I hate games were the main factor in the game was the officials and you leave the game and the only you can talk about was the poor officiating.

QUOTE(starman @ Mar 9 2007 - 03:02 PM) 826406445[/snapback]I tried to tell people that Unaka girls played very well at Oliver Springs in the substate game. I have been an East Tennessee sportswriter and followed high school basketball for a quiet some time and Kayla Christopher is one of the best girls basketball players that I've ever seen at that age.

Kudos to Oliver Springs for reaching the championship game. As for the nice lady that sits behind the bench and keeps the stats, someone tell her I'm sorry I wasn't there to get you behind the bench.

And to Miss Bartger whom I sit beside of at the Oliver Springs and Unaka game, I wish your daughter and her teammates and you a ton of luck. As a parent I watched my son play in the state championship game in 2004 and nothing I could say or write could ever describe that moment.

TC

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(NSIndiansFan @ Mar 9 2007 - 03:51 PM) 826406504[/snapback]This game was the worst officiated game of the tournament. Even both coaches said so. The officials were inconsistent the entire game. Usually in the state tournament the official let the kids play, not today. I hate games were the main factor in the game was the officials and you leave the game and the only you can talk about was the poor officiating.

Your are correct! The two teams combined to have 50 fouls called on them! That is more than any other game of the tournament. I think the next closest total was 38 (not totally sure about this). These two teams were both really good. Oliver Springs' Kayla Christopher is a GREAT player! She totally carried them offensively! I think Trinity's girls got a little rattled at the end when they started losing player because of fouls.

TCA has a GREAT team. No real stars, just great team basketball. They had a wonderful season! The school's first region championship, 1st sub-state win, 1st trip to state. Nothing to be to upset with that record. I would really have enjoyed seeing TCA and Gleason play...would have been a great game!

Girls you represented your school wonderfully! You only lost to 1 single A team all year, and that team will end up state champion or the runner-up!