1A title game

kartracer4

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to argue about fouls. It was a good game. OS had their opportunities. As someone who hasn`t seen either team play before, I give credit to Gleason for not necessarily being the best team out there tonight, but the smarter and more disciplined team. Many of OS`s early fouls were player control type fouls. Then in the 4th quarter when Gleason got that four point lead they were able to control the ball on offense and force OS into situations where they had to come out and take chances. I think they held it for 2 1/2 minutes for one stretch.

As for the Kayla`s...This was Hudson`s night. The senior played smart and wanted the ball in her hand at crunch time fully knowing eventually OS would be forced to take some chances and also knowing that she could drain her free throws. The other Kayla (I apologize for not remembering her name) played a very good game as well. I can tell she is gonna be a great ball player. I thought she showed the poise to play under control. She brought the ball down many times on fast breaks and had the smarts to pull up for the short jumpers. Unfortunately for her most of those were coming up a bit short.

Let`s don`t get on here and throw insults around. I watched a great game between 2 very good high school girls teams. Let`s give both teams the credit they deserve. This is their time to enjoy the spotlight.

I was also very impressed with Gleason. I thought they were very fundamentally sound and well coached. But most importantly….they were a class act all the way.

I’m currently watching the AA championship….and I feel like Gleason could play with either team. They may not have the athletes that AE or MC have, but they have the right attitude, fundamentals and coaching.

I have no idea where Gleason is….but I will be a fan from now on.

38-1….you deserve to be state champs. Congratulations!

Unbeleivable....

Gleason had the best team, Gleason had the best coach, and Gleason had the best player on the floor today.....

Kayla Christopher is going to be great, but today was Kayla Hudson's day!

Congrats to Gleason on their great run to the GOLD ball! And to Kayla Hudson on her well deserved Ms Basketball award. She is a fine young lady from a fine family and is deserving of all her awards. She is going to do just fine in life, and she will remember this day forever. I can only imagine how lucky she is to receive the Ms Basketball award right after winning the GOLD BALL!!!!

Alot of college programs are going to wish she had selected them, and she will continue to her ways at a solid Union program next year. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Congrats to Gleason on a great season!!!

I have watched basketball for years. I was once told by a well respected coach after he lost a game that I felt was officiated poorly that a good team does not have to depend on the officials to win. He went on to say that even if the calls are not going your way that a good player can overcome and still persevere. OS failed to do that.

QUOTE(TrojanSportsFan @ Mar 10 2007 - 09:16 PM) 826407642[/snapback]Neither one of these teams were worth watching until the 4th quarter. They couldn't hit a shot and I was wondering why they were at the championship game. But the 4th quarter was better and both teams put forth a great effort. Congrats to Gleason on the win and to Hudson on winning Miss Basketball.

The biggest reason for the low scoring was that both teams had really good defenses.

QUOTE(kartracer4 @ Mar 10 2007 - 06:44 PM) 826407511[/snapback]congradulations to Gleason and the three officals that gave them the title! that was the worst officated fourth quarter that I have seen in a long time. Kayla Hudson is a good player but if a player even got close to her it was a foul.the officals decided the game where it should have been the players.

kartracer4 - I'm sorry you feel that way. Obviously you didn't see #33 for Oliver Springs holding the jersey of every Gleason player that got near her or #42 for OS body checking anyone that got near her. None of those were ever called either. (It seems the refs couldn't count to 3 either or OS would have turned the ball over even more!) I agree about the poor officiating but it went both ways.

QUOTE(COACHHARD @ Mar 10 2007 - 08:54 PM) 826407622[/snapback]I was also very impressed with Gleason. I thought they were very fundamentally sound and well coached. But most importantly….they were a class act all the way.

I’m currently watching the AA championship….and I feel like Gleason could play with either team. They may not have the athletes that AE or MC have, but they have the right attitude, fundamentals and coaching.

I have no idea where Gleason is….but I will be a fan from now on.

38-1….you deserve to be state champs. Congratulations!

Gleason is in Weakley County in West Tennessee.......Dresden is the county seat and Martin is also in that county.

QUOTE(worden55 @ Mar 10 2007 - 07:49 PM) 826407516[/snapback]It looked to me like she was the best player on the floor!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

the replay clearly showed that the girl went for the ball and actuallly hit it.