1A title game

kartracer4

NEWSFLASH:

Because of the complaints about bad refs tonight, the TSSAAGE has went back and checked tapes covering the entire year. The official ruling is that if each game was called correctly all year long, that the state champions would be:

Drum RoLL Please:

Those of you who know me know what is coming:

Aunt Kim, what do you think is coming:

Yes, You Know:

RICHLAND RULES

Just read my saying below and you will understand.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hollywood85 @ Mar 10 2007 - 06:52 PM) 826407525[/snapback]I could care less who won!!!!! I just stated what it looked like from my living room. And yes, they probably were the better team, but that doesn't change the fact that Ms. Hudson got foul calls every time they breathed on her. Just stating the obvious.

Well buddy you need to stay in your living room if that is what you saw. I dont know how Kayla didnt limp away from some of those fouls. Oh and apparently you only saw the second half. The first half it was eight on five with the advantage to oliver springs. Gleason won by the way, i dont know if you saw that from your living room

Coach Frazier is a basketball genius. Give the man some credit. He coaches a mediocre team and they become champions. Im not dogging the team at all i love all of them. I am just saying if he had a team full of natural talent or was able to recruit talent then he would return every year. The man has a winning percentage of approx. 95% dont quote me on that though

QUOTE(dawgystile @ Mar 10 2007 - 11:58 PM) 826407736[/snapback]Coach Frazier is a basketball genius. Give the man some credit. He coaches a mediocre team and they become champions. Im not dogging the team at all i love all of them. I am just saying if he had a team full of natural talent or was able to recruit talent then he would return every year. The man has a winning percentage of approx. 95% dont quote me on that though

Wow dawgystile i agree with you. I mean did i hear the WHAMBALENCE? Coach Frazier is the best there is in single A and maybe the state. If O.S. didnt play Rugby out there the refs might have called it differently. Some of the girls actually want to play basketball again and not be taken out by a Ray Lewis smash. People need to stop complaining i mean our Coach was better not to mention our KAYLA.

QUOTE(mikefarrell23 @ Mar 11 2007 - 05:35 AM) 826407867[/snapback]best player in today game fouled out sorry.... the kayla were 2nd 2 her... btw ya a great team/player can overcome refs.... but they cant overcome the "rules" and a nother good team using both 2 their advantage. It was obvious to me as to who the refs wanted to win when Kayla Hudson droped to her knee's and they called a foul.... sorry but Gleason didnt win a game of basketball today... they won a game of keep away as they usually do... some people were looking at the record and asking how they were beating other teams so bad... 50's - 20's now everyone knows... I have never in my life seen such a one sided officiated game.... I have seen some bad ones but this one was just not right... a OS girl moved and the refs were thinking OH god we are going to lose our jobs if they get to close to miss basketball!!!! she wasnt even the 2nd best or maybe 3rd best PLAYER on the court....but she was the best and dropping down on her knees looked like she had a lot of practice on that one... but oh well...

Did you happen to see the Gleason players pre-game warm-ups where they PRACTICE taking charges???? Whether you like it or not, this is part of the game. This just shows how well coached and displined they are.

quote: "Game of keep-away"??? If your team was so good, then why couldn't you get into the passing lane and try to steal the ball!

You lost. You got beat. Its over. Get over it.

If I was OS fans, I would ask this character to stop posting comments like this as they are giving you a bad rap.

QUOTE(3153 @ Mar 11 2007 - 09:20 AM) 826407933[/snapback]Did you happen to see the Gleason players pre-game warm-ups where they PRACTICE taking charges???? Whether you like it or not, this is part of the game. This just shows how well coached and displined they are.

quote: "Game of keep-away"??? If your team was so good, then why couldn't you get into the passing lane and try to steal the ball!

You lost. You got beat. Its over. Get over it.

If I was OS fans, I would ask this character to stop posting comments like this as they are giving you a bad rap.

Much agreed. Congrats Gleason! and congrats to Hudson.

"We finally made them chase us," said Gleason coach Randy Frazier. "That and free-throw shooting is our style."

1st thing congrats to Gleason your state champs!

2nd OS fans quit blaming the refs! Was a perfect called game NO, wil it ever be NO! Is that why OS brought home a SILVER BALL NO!

3rd Is Frazier the best single A or coach in the state NO!!!!! If a team has to hold the ball for 11 minutes of a championship game to win how can he be the best coach? Some say it is smart I and a lot of his peers both high school and college coaches say that is not basketball it is CHICKEN-CRAP!

4th THIS IS FOR TSSAA

IT IS TIME FOR A SHOT CLOCK IN HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL!!!

I know this is on another thread, but it is time for real coaching to begin! If these kids play AAU they have a shot clock and when they move on to college if they do they have one also and if they make to pro ball it will be there again.

5th Mr. Frazier you might not ever want to apply for a college job because you would never make it with STALL BALL!!!

They was a pretty intelligent post Mike. If you had actually watched the game last night you would have noticed that the fouls were even in the first half with touch fouls going both ways and they had called ONE foul on OS through the first 12 minutes of the second half. We had a 4 point lead with 4 minutes to go so you had to start fouling to get into the bonus to have a chance. They were blowing the whistle quick to help you all out because yall needed 6 quick fouls to get us to the line so yall could get the ball back. Even your coach mentioned in the article I read this morning that yall were trying to foul because it was the only way you would see the ball again. And about the whole calling the foul when she went to her knees, they called it a walk on her once at half court on an out of bounds play with 2 minutes to play but Kayla Christopher slid on her knees right in front of Gleason's bench in the first half and they gave her a timeout instead of calling the walk. The officials also called 2 touch fouls on Gleason's FRESHMAN post player which sent her to the bench for several minutes which was the only time Copeland did much of anything the whole game. You talk about Gleason stalling. What would you expect them to do with a lead in the 4th quarter of the State Championship game? Any decently coached team, especially one that shoots almost 90% from the line as a team is not going to start jacking stuff up. Also, to the commment about Hudson not being the best player on the floor, she just led the tournament in scoring and also held Christopher to 10 points, 3 of which came on a desperation 3 in the last minute. Ask Christopher who the best player on the floor was..lol!

QUOTE(bballmom @ Mar 11 2007 - 09:40 AM) 826407947[/snapback]"We finally made them chase us," said Gleason coach Randy Frazier. "That and free-throw shooting is our style."

1st thing congrats to Gleason your state champs!

2nd OS fans quit blaming the refs! Was a perfect called game NO, wil it ever be NO! Is that why OS brought home a SILVER BALL NO!

3rd Is Frazier the best single A or coach in the state NO!!!!! If a team has to hold the ball for 11 minutes of a championship game to win how can he be the best coach? Some say it is smart I and a lot of his peers both high school and college coaches say that is not basketball it is CHICKEN-CRAP!

4th THIS IS FOR TSSAA

IT IS TIME FOR A SHOT CLOCK IN HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL!!!

I know this is on another thread, but it is time for real coaching to begin! If these kids play AAU they have a shot clock and when they move on to college if they do they have one also and if they make to pro ball it will be there again.

5th Mr. Frazier you might not ever want to apply for a college job because you would never make it with STALL BALL!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

So what your saying is that a team with the best point guard in any classification in the state and also the best free throw shooting team in the state shouldn't play to their strengths? Go back to your school of 500 kids and whine about that school with 150 kids in 9-12 giving you all a lesson in COACHING and FUNDEMENTALS! If he was a college coach he could recruit players he wanted and could just implement one system and get people to play that style. But in a little school like Gleason you have to change your offensive strategy from year to year. We had to play with 4 14 year olds and 3 good guards this year so we needed to take good shots and be patient and make free throws. And all this shot clock talk is from people that have gotten their brains beat in the last 15 years by teams like Bradford and Gleason that play great defense and don't jack it up like OS. Quit crying about the shot clock and teach your kids how to guard. Go back to double AA where they may not want to guard and can get into "AAU" game with you all.

First off congrats to Gleason on winning the Gold Ball!! I was impressed with your team all 3 games at State. First off, you triumphed over my beloved Lady Rockets, then beat a well coached Jackson Co team, then took on Oliver Springs, who also has a wonderful player in Kayla Christopher. I saw a very disciplined, patient, well coached team last night and feel you are every bit the Champion this year. Kayla Hudson was so much fun to watch, but she certainly was surrounded by a strong supporting cast. Was also impressed by Oliver Springs and felt you played Gleason real well. I thought officiating overall certainly did not win the game for Gleason and even though some calls were questionable......

aren't they always?? Gleason tends to frustrate their opponents from what I've seen, by drawing back and passing the ball around and being patient, but it works....kudos to them. The shot clock would change this but until high school ball uses one, then if it works for your team ...do it. They do not miss from the free throw line....... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Can't wait till next year.......will miss you Jamieroper, you are insane...but in a good way! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!