1A title game

kartracer4

QUOTE(Regal @ Mar 12 2007 - 01:12 PM) 826409106[/snapback]The other teams didn't stall the ball! Ohhhhhhh now she's frustrated! Why??? Could it be that good defence that Gleason was playing or did she just have an off night like Gleason was having? HMMMMMM!!!!

Regal...It's "DEFENSE with an "S" not a "C"

Better yet, just keep on using your favorite...the good ol' letter "D"

We'll understand... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3153 @ Mar 12 2007 - 01:18 PM) 826409114[/snapback]Regal...It's "DEFENSE with an "S" not a "C"

We'll understand... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

How many times did you have to read it before you figured that one out?

Anyone that knows me knows that I can't spell and that Glenson can't play Defense!!!!!!

I was fortunate to be able to watch all of last weeks Class A ballgames. It was a great week of basketball whether you are a Gleason fan or an Oliver Springs fan. When you make it to the Championship game of the State Tournament you have had a great season, both teams.

Oliver Springs is a very good team and will be back to Murfreesboro next year. Kayla Christopher is a D1 college prospect and can take control of a game in most circumstances. It just so happened that she was playing against a hungry Gleason team and against the best basketball player in Murfreesboro last week in Kayla Hudson. Kayla had an unbelievable week but she also had an unbelievable year. Noone has ever worked harder and deserved Miss Basketball more than Kayla this year. Kayla could be playing for a SEC team next year but she chose to stay close to home and play at Union University. I am glad she did, now I can watch her 4 more years.

As for Randy Frazier, I said it before last week but I'll say it again. Randy Frazier is the best basketball coach in the state. Randy may have done one of his best coaching jobs this past season. When you lose four key players like Gleason lost last year and replace them with four freshmen and go 38-1 it is just unbelievable. Alot of people were saying that they were third or fourth in their district before the season. I have never seen a team play better defense, shoot FT's or as fundamentally sound as this Gleason team. Everyone knew their role and was happy doing what they do best. Noone cared who got the credit.

Call it whatever you want, Stallball or whatever it worked. Are you not suppose to play to your strengths? A good coach makes adjustments and does what works best for his team. Anybody can coach and win when you have the most talent every year. Randy took a bunch of small girls, the tallest 5'7" and figured out a way to beat much bigger teams. As I watched the games last week I could see the teams playing against Gleason get so frustrated because of Gleason's sticky defense and their ability to hold the ball for 3-4 minutes at a time. As an outsider looking in this was one amazing state tournament and one amazing season for those Gleason Bulldogs.

QUOTE(Regal @ Mar 12 2007 - 01:24 PM) 826409121[/snapback]How many times did you have to read it before you figured that one out?

Anyone that knows me knows that I can't spell and that Glenson can't play Defense!!!!!!

Why don't you go see the school nurse and ask her to help you with your illness. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> She didn't have a cure Saturday and she will not have one for you today either. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> You lost. Sorry, but life is tough sometimes.

QUOTE(Regal @ Mar 12 2007 - 12:12 PM) 826409106[/snapback]The other teams didn't stall the ball! Ohhhhhhh now she's frustrated! Why??? Could it be that good defence that Gleason was playing or did she just have an off night like Gleason was having? HMMMMMM!!!!

Off nights happen, nothing you can do. OS knew what was coming after watching Gleason throughout the tournament. Why not guard closely and enforce the five second rule? Who was at fault for that?

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Mar 12 2007 - 01:27 PM) 826409126[/snapback]I was fortunate to be able to watch all of last weeks Class A ballgames. It was a great week of basketball whether you are a Gleason fan or an Oliver Springs fan. When you make it to the Championship game of the State Tournament you have had a great season, both teams.

Oliver Springs is a very good team and will be back to Murfreesboro next year. Kayla Christopher is a D1 college prospect and can take control of a game in most circumstances. It just so happened that she was playing against a hungry Gleason team and against the best basketball player in Murfreesboro last week in Kayla Hudson. Kayla had an unbelievable week but she also had an unbelievable year. Noone has ever worked harder and deserved Miss Basketball more than Kayla this year. Kayla could be playing for a SEC team next year but she chose to stay close to home and play at Union University. I am glad she did, now I can watch her 4 more years.

As for Randy Frazier, I said it before last week but I'll say it again. Randy Frazier is the best basketball coach in the state. Randy may have done one of his best coaching jobs this past season. When you lose four key players like Gleason lost last year and replace them with four freshmen and go 38-1 it is just unbelievable. Alot of people were saying that they were third or fourth in their district before the season. I have never seen a team play better defense, shoot FT's or as fundamentally sound as this Gleason team. Everyone knew their role and was happy doing what they do best. Noone cared who got the credit.

Call it whatever you want, Stallball or whatever it worked. Are you not suppose to play to your strengths? A good coach makes adjustments and does what works best for his team. Anybody can coach and win when you have the most talent every year. Randy took a bunch of small girls, the tallest 5'7" and figured out a way to beat much bigger teams. As I watched the games last week I could see the teams playing against Gleason get so frustrated because of Gleason's sticky defense and their ability to hold the ball for 3-4 minutes at a time. As an outsider looking in this was one amazing state tournament and one amazing season for those Gleason Bulldogs.

Great post!! I agree!!

QUOTE(Regal @ Mar 12 2007 - 01:24 PM) 826409121[/snapback]How many times did you have to read it before you figured that one out?

Hey regal are u a coach or a player or anyone that actually has any substance in high school basketball? because your making these statements but do not have the stats. Gleason held the ball for one quarter in a year WOW. they wanted to win. the whole season they ran and shot and did not stall i was at every game. it sounds like your getting your info from a source that stinks. "Gleason cant play defense" i mean its gettin old come on... Gleason plays defense alot better than you make your point. its hard to make a point to you because none of us teach elementary. we cant relate to your skill level.

QUOTE(3153 @ Mar 12 2007 - 02:18 PM) 826409114[/snapback]Regal...It's "DEFENSE with an "S" not a "C"

3153, check your profile page.

Greenfieldfan, Great Post!!!

QUOTE(Regal @ Mar 12 2007 - 12:15 PM) 826409018[/snapback]Because they "STALL THE BALL"!!!

Because they can! Few teams have the ability & patience to do that. By the way, Gleason has the best defense in the state.

GCPioneer, you may not have the best English, but I bet you could type some perfect Spanish! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Maybe TSSAA will have a new tourney classification for the " Gimmick, Circus, and Offensive challenged teams" next year who only know how to play basketball the way our great-grandparents played a couple generations ago. This way fans won't mistken modern Tennessee basketball from Class A, AA, and AAA with "Circus Stall Ball".

Players who play in this tourney will receive full fledged clown costumes, face paint, and custom built huge red nozes. This uniform will be essential as the four players on offense that don't touch the ball during "stall ball" can go into the crowd and entertain so fans don't fall asleep from boredom of a gimmick brand of basketball. Also, this might be a new demographic the TSSAA can appeal to - Kids under the age of 8 who are usually don't attend the games.

A win win for everyone! Embrace the "stall ball"!