1A title game

kartracer4

Someone please stop this thread. This is getting ridiculous.

If I was an Oliver Springs Fan I would be embarrassed by all of this.

What excuse is going to be next??? Really???

Are all OS fans this way??? Someone from OS with some sanity please, let's hear from you. I have no dog in the fight, just hate to see sore losers from any team. Man, its over. Congrats to both teams on a great season.

Let's start looking forward to next year. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people do not relize that the school can take a count on any day of the year for their sports classification. OS more than likely counted in the middle of flu season so that they could come in a dominate the A tournaments. However, one of the smallest public schools in the state had something to say about that. Way to go Gleason.

Ok, so how is it chicken if you have the lead, have controlled the game, and want to keep the lead?? There's no shot clock in Tennessee basketball. If OS wanted the ball so badly, why not steal it from Gleason? Oh yeah, they couldn't. The gold ball came back where it should. Gleason may be accused of being "chickens" by OS fans, but at least they don't lay rotten eggs.

Actually, now that I think about it, Gleason is more like a goose. You know, the one that laid the Golden Egg. Not the silver one.

At least we know now that OS is almost good enough to beat Lake County or maybe Union City. They'd be probably about fifth in District 14-A where the tops in girls basketball resided this season.

QUOTE(statstracker @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:33 PM) 826409733[/snapback]Many people do not relize that the school can take a count on any day of the year for their sports classification. OS more than likely counted in the middle of flu season so that they could come in a dominate the A tournaments. However, one of the smallest public schools in the state had something to say about that. Way to go Gleason.

Schools don't pick the day to turn in their enrollment. TSSAA picks the time and it's the same for every school. If they pick a day in January where the flu is going on then it's probably happening at most schools. Actually OS would have preferred to play in Class AA in girls basketball, but it was better as a whole for the school to play Class A in the other sports.

As far as the rest of this thread, Gleason has a great team and so does OS, one team won and one team lost in what was a good game.

I said before that I didn't like Gleason's "stall ball" strategy because I think you try to score when you have the ball (I don't mind holding the ball in the final 2-3 minutes). I would rather try to dliver the knockout punch by scoring rather than holding the ball and milking the clock. Again that's only my opinion and I amd by no way saying that Gleason is "Chicken" or unworthy of a title. They are a great team with a great coach and a great leader in Hudson.

Maybe these two can get together next season in a tournament or maybe again in Murfreesboro.