Can Westmoreland repeat as Region 4-2A champs?

Mr. Postman1

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mr. Postman1 @ Mar 11 2007 - 05:52 PM) 826408263[/snapback]I was wandering if Westmoreland can become as dominating in region 4-2A as they were in the 90's before Goodpasture and David Lipscomb came in and scared of Smith County and the rest of the Boys.

"Wander" no longer...no...not likely...nor were they dominant back then either. They did have a couple of good years.

Competitive...yes...dominant...no.

Guest Termite

QUOTE(Mr. Postman1 @ Mar 11 2007 - 05:52 PM) 826408263[/snapback]I was wandering if Westmoreland can become as dominating in region 4-2A as they were in the 90's before Goodpasture and David Lipscomb came in and scared of Smith County and the rest of the Boys.

I for one hope they are as "dominating" as ever. That would be back when.......................somebody please help me.......When has Westermoreland ever been "dominating"?????????.....................Heck........when have they been consistently "good"???????????? A good team ever few years but nothing "Dominating"

QUOTE(hud20 @ Mar 13 2007 - 12:42 PM) 826410295[/snapback]What's Westmoreland versus Smith County's over all record against each other? Looked around for it but couldn't find it anywhere.

I did a little research today. I was surprised to find out the series was not as one sided as I thought. You see I was drawing from personal experience when I played between the years of 91-95. The first 3 games were won by Westmoreland(2 of which were laughers like 45-0 in the first half, very Cannon Countyish).Smith won in 96,97. Westmoreland won again in 98. Smith won the 99 game before they bolted in 2000 to escape Goodpasture and David Lipscomb(this would explain all those playoff wins they brag about. If they would've stayed in the region with GP, DL, and Westmoreland they would probably been 3 or 4 seeds and knocked out of the playoffs early by either Tyner or Alcoa or a real team. Well to go on, they played again in 2005, Smith won. 2006 Westmoreland won region championship Smith won the playoff game then went on to get slaughtered by Alcoa(I'm sorry that had nothing to do with the series but I thought I'd put it in there). You see unlike Antwat and Termit I played in the series on the field as a football player they played in the band at halftime in that awesome Smith County band that some of the players take more pride in playing in today. So we have come down to a dead lock tie at 5-5. Man I guess this up coming season can decide everything. I just want all the young Eagles to understand something, everytime Smith, Macon, Trousdale or any other school tries to put down THE WESTMORELAND HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL PROGRAM first knock the crap out of em and then look at head to head games, you might be surprised. By the way congrats to ya'll for winning the region I know as a former player I was proud of all of ya'll. Looks promising after the weight lift. Keep on working hard and playing as a team and we'll win championship again. Some of us are already dying for the season the start.

On a lighter note can anyone tell me who Westmoreland is playing in a spring game?

QUOTE(Mr. Postman1 @ Mar 13 2007 - 07:43 PM) 826410649[/snapback]I did a little research today. I was surprised to find out the series was not as one sided as I thought. You see I was drawing from personal experience when I played between the years of 91-95. The first 3 games were won by Westmoreland(2 of which were laughers like 45-0 in the first half, very Cannon Countyish).Smith won in 96,97. Westmoreland won again in 98. Smith won the 99 game before they bolted in 2000 to escape Goodpasture and David Lipscomb(this would explain all those playoff wins they brag about. If they would've stayed in the region with GP, DL, and Westmoreland they would probably been 3 or 4 seeds and knocked out of the playoffs early by either Tyner or Alcoa or a real team. Well to go on, they played again in 2005, Smith won. 2006 Westmoreland won region championship Smith won the playoff game then went on to get slaughtered by Alcoa(I'm sorry that had nothing to do with the series but I thought I'd put it in there). You see unlike Antwat and Termit I played in the series on the field as a football player they played in the band at halftime in that awesome Smith County band that some of the players take more pride in playing in today. So we have come down to a dead lock tie at 5-5. Man I guess this up coming season can decide everything. I just want all the young Eagles to understand something, everytime Smith, Macon, Trousdale or any other school tries to put down THE WESTMORELAND HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL PROGRAM first knock the crap out of em and then look at head to head games, you might be surprised. By the way congrats to ya'll for winning the region I know as a former player I was proud of all of ya'll. Looks promising after the weight lift. Keep on working hard and playing as a team and we'll win championship again. Some of us are already dying for the season the start.

On a lighter note can anyone tell me who Westmoreland is playing in a spring game?

Westmoreland is playing hartsville in spring practice. Westmoreland has beat them 2 year in a row that i know, they even beat them twice the year that Hartsville won state. do yall think Westmoreland can win this year? im confendent that Westmoreland can win this year in the scrimmage and in the tobacco bowl.

QUOTE(Mr. Postman1 @ Mar 13 2007 - 07:43 PM) 826410649[/snapback]I did a little research today. I was surprised to find out the series was not as one sided as I thought. You see I was drawing from personal experience when I played between the years of 91-95. The first 3 games were won by Westmoreland(2 of which were laughers like 45-0 in the first half, very Cannon Countyish).Smith won in 96,97. Westmoreland won again in 98. Smith won the 99 game before they bolted in 2000 to escape Goodpasture and David Lipscomb(this would explain all those playoff wins they brag about. If they would've stayed in the region with GP, DL, and Westmoreland they would probably been 3 or 4 seeds and knocked out of the playoffs early by either Tyner or Alcoa or a real team. Well to go on, they played again in 2005, Smith won. 2006 Westmoreland won region championship Smith won the playoff game then went on to get slaughtered by Alcoa(I'm sorry that had nothing to do with the series but I thought I'd put it in there). You see unlike Antwat and Termit I played in the series on the field as a football player they played in the band at halftime in that awesome Smith County band that some of the players take more pride in playing in today. So we have come down to a dead lock tie at 5-5. Man I guess this up coming season can decide everything. I just want all the young Eagles to understand something, everytime Smith, Macon, Trousdale or any other school tries to put down THE WESTMORELAND HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL PROGRAM first knock the crap out of em and then look at head to head games, you might be surprised. By the way congrats to ya'll for winning the region I know as a former player I was proud of all of ya'll. Looks promising after the weight lift. Keep on working hard and playing as a team and we'll win championship again. Some of us are already dying for the season the start.

im gald ur such a big WESTMORELAND FAN. i seen the highlight film of yall in 92 to 95 and yall were awsome. (especially clint brown) the EAGLES will take pride this season and the EAGLES will take care of buisness like they did last year. people think westmoreland cant do anything this year but thats totally wrong.

!!!EAGLE PRIDE!!!

QUOTE(knee_knocker @ Mar 13 2007 - 08:48 PM) 826410758[/snapback]im gald ur such a big WESTMORELAND FAN. i seen the highlight film of yall in 92 to 95 and yall were awsome. (especially clint brown) the EAGLES will take pride this season and the EAGLES will take care of buisness like they did last year. people think westmoreland cant do anything this year but thats totally wrong.

!!!EAGLE PRIDE!!!

They picked the 93 team 3rd in that region and we fooled them. We were very young and only had 5 or 6 seniors on the entire team. One of which was Cody Greens daddy. Many of the sophmores started or played alot like Clint Brown. The win over Trousdale that year gave us alot of momentum. That year gave everyone confidence that we could compete with almost anyone. One thing I can say was the difference in Smith County and Westmoreland in 05 was they came expecting to win and we did'nt expect to win. I assure you this season is in Smith County's head. They are beginning to wonder especially after the weight lifting competition. Football is 90% mental and 10% physical I know you've heard that before but it is true. Always cometo the game expecting to win because the fact you know you are prepared to the fullest extent mentally and you've worked to the fullest extent physically. Then if not just 1 man does there job but all 11 you will definitely win. You see I'd take 11 small average players that get there blocks on offense and fill there gaps on defense as 11 talented players that run around with no discipline and make big time plays every 3rd play.