DC/White House

redbirdfan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their leading scorers are Roger Gaines, a 6'7 post, and Jeremy Barnes, a 5'11 wing. Gaines is also their leading rebounder. Barnes is a good lefty shooter. Dyer County's post just need to out run Gaines to the other end and they should be getting layups. White House's PG, Tyler Welch, can be pressured which won't be a problem for DC. I'd just put CJ on him. White House also has an athletic player in Patrick Rucker. He's just an "athlete." DC should be able to press them the whole game and should just get layups. Good luck Choctaws.

QUOTE(redbirdfan @ Mar 12 2007 - 11:11 AM) 826408935[/snapback]thanks for the scouting report.. Needed some inside info for the Thursday night game.

Liberty plays just before the DC/White House game around 7:00 vs. Knox Fulton.. Should be a fun tourney.. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

No problem.

QUOTE(redbirdfan @ Mar 12 2007 - 11:11 AM) 826408935[/snapback]thanks for the scouting report.. Needed some inside info for the Thursday night game.

Liberty plays just before the DC/White House game around 7:00 vs. Knox Fulton.. Should be a fun tourney.. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

actually the dc/wh liberty/knox games ae played on wednesday not thursday..the two winners dont play again till friday /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sorry-- I meant Liberty/Knox Fulton play WEDNESDAY at 7:00 and Dyer County/White House play around 8:45 .. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

thanks --

Should be an interesting bracket in 2A -- the DC/White House matchup may be the most competitive of the 1st day of games

QUOTE(redbirdfan @ Mar 13 2007 - 10:48 AM) 826410134[/snapback]Sorry-- I meant Liberty/Knox Fulton play WEDNESDAY at 7:00 and Dyer County/White House play around 8:45 .. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

thanks --

Should be an interesting bracket in 2A -- the DC/White House matchup may be the most competitive of the 1st day of games

No it won't....Dyer County should beat White House easily.....White House has size,but it's not quality size...Gaines is the laziest basketball player I have ever seen..Ask any of the people from Union City that saw them at The Battle for the State Tournament back in December..I was there,I saw them play twice....I've seen DC...If DC presses them and makes it a fullcourt run and gun game and don't let White House dictate tempo,it will be over real early...The Rucker kid is pretty decent and the Welch kid hustles pretty hard...The Barnes kid is a pretty good shooter...The other big kid,Wood,I don't even remember him doing much.....White House likes to keep the score down in the 50's..If they are able to dictate that type of tempo,they might pull a surprise...They did beat Haywood(playing without sharp-shooter Shaveon Comeage)by playing that style...Haywood got caught up in it and it hurt them...But honestly Haywood played awful that whole tournament..

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 13 2007 - 11:02 AM) 826410142[/snapback]No it won't....Dyer County should beat White House easily.....White House has size,but it's not quality size...Gaines is the laziest basketball player I have ever seen..Ask any of the people from Union City that saw them at The Battle for the State Tournament back in December..I was there,I saw them play twice....I've seen DC...If DC presses them and makes it a fullcourt run and gun game and don't let White House dictate tempo,it will be over real early...The Rucker kid is pretty decent and the Welch kid hustles pretty hard...The Barnes kid is a pretty good shooter...The other big kid,Wood,I don't even remember him doing much.....White House likes to keep the score down in the 50's..If they are able to dictate that type of tempo,they might pull a surprise...They did beat Haywood(playing without sharp-shooter Shaveon Comeage)by playing that style...Haywood got caught up in it and it hurt them...But honestly Haywood played awful that whole tournament..

Gaines won't outrun you up and down the floor, I'll give you that. But to call him lazy, you don't know what you are talking about. I really question your basketball knowledge with you making a blanket statement like that not having watched him play more than two games in three days. You don't score and rebound double digits almost every game being lazy. I hope he lazy's about 25 points and 15 rebounds against Dyer Co.

QUOTE(BDP_FAN @ Mar 13 2007 - 11:30 AM) 826410172[/snapback]Gaines won't outrun you up and down the floor, I'll give you that. But to call him lazy, you don't know what you are talking about. I really question your basketball knowledge with you making a blanket statement like that not having watched him play more than two games in three days. You don't score and rebound double digits almost every game being lazy. I hope he lazy's about 25 points and 15 rebounds against Dyer Co.

Sir,your Blue Devil Pride is blinding your judgement....For a basketball player he is a real good defensive lineman....I could score 25 and pull down 15 if I was 6'8" against the people you guys play....He was an absolute non-factor in the game I saw him play against Union City,a team by the way chocked full of 6 footers...He stood at halfcourt and caught the in-bounds pass on the press and had to be taken out of the game about every three or four minutes(real time,not clock time)...Union City's players were meeting him coming and going at halfcourt.....He is the only kid I ever have seen come on the court for warm-ups already worn out.....

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 13 2007 - 12:27 PM) 826410270[/snapback]Sir,your Blue Devil Pride is blinding your judgement....For a basketball player he is a real good defensive lineman....I could score 25 and pull down 15 if I was 6'8" against the people you guys play....He was an absolute non-factor in the game I saw him play against Union City,a team by the way chocked full of 6 footers...He stood at halfcourt and caught the in-bounds pass on the press and had to be taken out of the game about every three or four minutes(real time,not clock time)...Union City's players were meeting him coming and going at halfcourt.....He is the only kid I ever have seen come on the court for warm-ups already worn out.....

Everyone is due their own opinion but I completely disagree with you on this issue. He has matched up several times with guys very near his height and quite a bit lighter. Gone up against some taller. Played East Ridge and did a great job against Jurick which is 6' 10" (a D1 prospect).... Actually out scored him as a matter of fact. Don't recall him getting out hustled down the floor by Jurick either. I'm not sure that is necessary for your center to get back down the floor before the opposing guards. Can't recall that happening often at any level. My main bone of contention is with your earlier statement of him being lazy and you are wrong. Is he going to run up and down the floor with 6' 2" guards for 32 minutes, nope and I for one can't think of a 6' 8" center that would. Still don't think it's fair of you to pass that type of judgement on someone you saw play one team this year, which happened to be the defending A Champions.....

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 13 2007 - 12:27 PM) 826410270[/snapback]Sir,your Blue Devil Pride is blinding your judgement....For a basketball player he is a real good defensive lineman....I could score 25 and pull down 15 if I was 6'8" against the people you guys play....He was an absolute non-factor in the game I saw him play against Union City,a team by the way chocked full of 6 footers...He stood at halfcourt and caught the in-bounds pass on the press and had to be taken out of the game about every three or four minutes(real time,not clock time)...Union City's players were meeting him coming and going at halfcourt.....He is the only kid I ever have seen come on the court for warm-ups already worn out.....

Good post.

QUOTE(BDP_FAN @ Mar 13 2007 - 03:46 PM) 826410474[/snapback]Everyone is due their own opinion but I completely disagree with you on this issue. He has matched up several times with guys very near his height and quite a bit lighter. Gone up against some taller. Played East Ridge and did a great job against Jurick which is 6' 10" (a D1 prospect).... Actually out scored him as a matter of fact. Don't recall him getting out hustled down the floor by Jurick either. I'm not sure that is necessary for your center to get back down the floor before the opposing guards. Can't recall that happening often at any level. My main bone of contention is with your earlier statement of him being lazy and you are wrong. Is he going to run up and down the floor with 6' 2" guards for 32 minutes, nope and I for one can't think of a 6' 8" center that would. Still don't think it's fair of you to pass that type of judgement on someone you saw play one team this year, which happened to be the defending A Champions.....

OK.....He is energetically challenged....