New GHS Football Coach

WGRV

http://internetnewsroom.com/wgrv/sports1.htm

McCurry To Coach Greene Devils Football Program

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

by Bobby Rader News Director

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New GHS Football Coach Steve McCurry (photo courtesy John Fletcher Citizen Times) A.C. Reynolds High School Head Football Coach Steve McCurry announced his resignation from the Asheville, North Carolina school Monday, telling the Asheville Citizen Times he has accepted the head coaching position at Greeneville High School.

No official release has been issued by the Greeneville City School System, but sources say McCurry has been offered the job, pending the mandatory background check for city school employees.

The A.C. Reynolds football program, according to the Citizen Times, is coming off one of the best football seasons in school history. In four years, McCurry led the Rockets to a 35-13 record and three Northwestern Conference championships. His 2006 team was the only one in Reynolds history to ever complete an undefeated regular season with an 11-0 record.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Funding for the new facilities will come largely, if not completely from private individuals and contributors."

Who could that be /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> its ok tho, people act like he hurts the football program, scott is a good man when it comes to greeneville high football

QUOTE(Slipstream1 @ Mar 16 2007 - 09:05 AM) 826414050[/snapback]I wonder if Greeneville will put in artificial turf to match the beautiful rug at AC Reynolds.

I doubt that will happen before we get the new facilities, however i personaly dont like artificial turf i cant really explain why. I have heard tho that the school had plans to make the back parking lot/pressbox like the one at tusculum, these plans were being drawn up a good while back so i dont know if the hiring of a new coach would affect these plans any.

QUOTE(THECRIPDEVIL @ Mar 18 2007 - 04:58 PM) 826416577[/snapback]Maybe he can bring that 11-0 regular season record to Greeneville, that would be nice but i dont think the players have it in them, Im not talking about all of them Im talking about a few but it takes the team as a whole to go 11-0. Good luck Devils

'preciate the support but i think the first thing he will do is make it heck so the weak people will drop out and only the athletes that eally want it will stay, then start from there.....