Dobyns-Bennett Football

DBTeepee

OK Pepe Le Pugh, I give. I dont have the credibility that you have. Gosh, you are the greatest. Help me understand DB's #4 state ranking this year and just what you think the record will be. I'm going down to Colonial Downs to wager my SS check.

Credibility comes from accuracy and a lack of exaggerations...and I do appreciate the compliment, but "the greatest" is another of your exaggerations...a preseason ranking comes from tradition...as I have previously stated, many of the ranking are attempts to sell papers or obtain subscribers to a service and the teams many times are simply placed in polls strictly by reputation...D-B's tradition and reputation is one of winning 12 of 14 Big East Conference Championships, thus the "media" expectations are that they will be in the mix again...I have also stated many times this year I think Bearden should be the team to beat in the conference...with D-B, Sevier County, Science Hill, and Jefferson County battling for the other 3 playoff spots...and can't say much about Karns because they have a new coach with a new sysytem and new attitude and new players, so realistically I can't project what they are going to be, but on reputation I have them 6th in the conference...

as WaCo has put forth his correct rankings every week, the other "polls" in the state are no more or no less accurate than his...I just enjoy the games, the competition between high school athletes attempting every Friday night to be great...

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Credibility comes from accuracy and a lack of exaggerations...and I do appreciate the compliment, but "the greatest" is another of your exaggerations...a preseason ranking comes from tradition...as I have previously stated, many of the ranking are attempts to sell papers or obtain subscribers to a service and the teams many times are simply placed in polls strictly by reputation...D-B's tradition and reputation is one of winning 12 of 14 Big East Conference Championships, thus the "media" expectations are that they will be in the mix again...I have also stated many times this year I think Bearden should be the team to beat in the conference...with D-B, Sevier County, Science Hill, and Jefferson County battling for the other 3 playoff spots...and can't say much about Karns because they have a new coach with a new sysytem and new attitude and new players, so realistically I can't project what they are going to be, but on reputation I have them 6th in the conference...

as WaCo has put forth his correct rankings every week, the other "polls" in the state are no more or no less accurate than his...I just enjoy the games, the competition between high school athletes attempting every Friday night to be great...

Roll Tribe Roll

I am with you Skunk,

Thats what it is all about.

Favorite Thread

Hey Coach,

Was waiting for you to post something on the football board so I could get you a message. I will be signing up for a plus membership soon so I can post on the Wrestling board. I am now in Kuwait. Right now about two kilometers from the Iraq border. Coach T will be my link to keeping up with the upcoming football and wrestling seasons this year. Hopefully for ONLY this year.

Heard you have some coaching changes for G-Ville wrestling. Hope all is well with you.

Rob

Hey Coach,

Was waiting for you to post something on the football board so I could get you a message. I will be signing up for a plus membership soon so I can post on the Wrestling board. I am now in Kuwait. Right now about two kilometers from the Iraq border. Coach T will be my link to keeping up with the upcoming football and wrestling seasons this year. Hopefully for ONLY this year.

Heard you have some coaching changes for G-Ville wrestling. Hope all is well with you.

Rob

Thanks for your commitment to our great country. If I can help by passing along scores to you it would be my pleasure.

Thanks for your commitment to our great country. If I can help by passing along scores to you it would be my pleasure.

Thanks for the offer. Normally I would be doing color for Morristown East braodcasts on WCRK. Thankfully I will be able to get scores from here and from my play by play guy. I am still going to participate in our pre-game Pigskin picks show but with a disadvantage because I won't be able to see the teams play. I won the panel last year and if I don't this year the winner will be a Barry Bonds of sort with an * beside their title.

I hope to listen to the broadcasts on the web.

Thanks again!

Roll Tribe Roll

The WaCo JaCo 5A Top 10 Poll is 100% correct, 100% of the time.