Best Wrestling Camp?

rigger101

Greeneville High wrestlers go in mass to about 4 camps: Team Camp (duals) Appalachian State, Individual Camp University Of North Carolina, FCA wrestling Camp small College in South Carolina (a little bitty and very old lady pays for about 30 wrestlers to go. And 5 or 6 wrestlers go to Granby as well.

QUOTE(noonesfool @ Mar 15 2007 - 07:14 PM) 826413337[/snapback]Greeneville High wrestlers go in mass to about 4 camps: Team Camp (duals) Appalachian State, Individual Camp University Of North Carolina, FCA wrestling Camp small College in South Carolina (a little bitty and very old lady pays for about 30 wrestlers to go. And 5 or 6 wrestlers go to Granby as well.

Do you feel that these camps have been a part of Greenvilles success?

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826412911[/snapback]Just wanting some input from the group.

It's my son's last year and he has always gone to locale camps. I've read about the Granby Camps and Chertow camps. Does anyone have a recommendation on a quality camp that would give a young man an edge his senior year?

Hey Rigger I think you would benefit from the MBA team camp. You can get top quality instruction and you can wrestle some pretty tough competition as well. July 9-11.

QUOTE(werazzlin @ Mar 18 2007 - 08:08 PM) 826416715[/snapback]Hey Rigger I think you would benefit from the MBA team camp. You can get top quality instruction and you can wrestle some pretty tough competition as well. July 9-11.

Rigger----I agree with werazzlin. You would benefit from the camp. And so would your son. Seriously, though, if you are looking for a camp in this area , this is a good one. My son thought this camp, along with the Ohio State Commuter Camp that was held at BHS for a few years back but longer comes around, were the best camps he went to during his off-seasons. And its not an "MBA" camp. It is only held at MBA, but is sponsored and run by Southern Champions Wresting (Luther Killian). So you don't have to fear that your son will come home swearing allegiance to the Big Red. There will be kids there from all over Middle Tennessee, public and private schools----one year some kids from East Tennessee who couldn't make the one on Knoxville came over. Lots of good instruction from private and public school coaches. They break the kids into teams and in addition to individual instruction have dual matches between the teams each day. Your son will get to wrestle some pretty tough competition as well as get to see what some of the competition is going to look like next year. For information about the camp, see the post by MLK ( Luther Killian) under the topic Southern Champions Wrestling Camp on this board.

QUOTE(BuckLateral @ Mar 25 2007 - 10:29 AM) 826422039[/snapback]Rigger----I agree with werazzlin. You would benefit from the camp. And so would your son. Seriously, though, if you are looking for a camp in this area , this is a good one. My son thought this camp, along with the Ohio State Commuter Camp that was held at BHS for a few years back but longer comes around, were the best camps he went to during his off-seasons. And its not an "MBA" camp. It is only held at MBA, but is sponsored and run by Southern Champions Wresting (Luther Killian). So you don't have to fear that your son will come home swearing allegiance to the Big Red. There will be kids there from all over Middle Tennessee, public and private schools----one year some kids from East Tennessee who couldn't make the one on Knoxville came over. Lots of good instruction from private and public school coaches. They break the kids into teams and in addition to individual instruction have dual matches between the teams each day. Your son will get to wrestle some pretty tough competition as well as get to see what some of the competition is going to look like next year. For information about the camp, see the post by MLK ( Luther Killian) under the topic Southern Champions Wrestling Camp on this board.

Thanks I heard some good things about the camp also.

We have been to the Granby Camp that the Martins run at Hampden-Sydney College, in Farmville, Virginia, several times and loved it each time. Last summer we registered as a commuter and both of us stayed in a nice new hotel in Farmville, which has a lot of advantages. It was nice to take a break from the heat, or just to get quiet for a while, and we had more control over our schedule. Since I was staying at the hotel anyway, adding my son was not a big deal. They have nice dorms to stay in but I think my wrestler was more rested between sessions. If you are taking a group the dorm situation is ideal, but we have also tried staying in the dorms and no complaints. There is a whole lot more than just Granby taught, good exposure to a variety of things, and some good chances to wrestle outside our normal group. This camp has offered the most repetition using newly acquired techniques, which is so important to retaining what you learned. How many times have you tried to remember something from a camp? It would be best to take two to partner up, but not necessary. I heard they were thinking of moving to Longwood College but so far no word on that. Everyone in my experience has been personable, accessible, they don't mind staying after session to work on stuff and the staff is very qualified. I am usually very particular and give a tough critique, and I would highly recommend the camp.