TSSAA Legislative Council Action

CoachT

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when I think the T$$AA could not possibly mess up Tn sports more than they already are, they prove me wrong and mess it up REAL good. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

On the up side though they are paving the way for a completely new organization to take over.

Just for my info what exactly DID RC do for a living before boarding the gravy train? He may want to dust off and update his resume.

This kind of thinking is exactly why BA will OWN the T$$AA soon!

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Mar 15 2007 - 06:28 PM) 826413310[/snapback]Just when I think the T$$AA could not possibly mess up Tn sports more than they already are, they prove me wrong and mess it up REAL good. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

On the up side though they are paving the way for a completely new organization to take over.

Just for my info what exactly DID RC do for a living before boarding the gravy train? He may want to dust off and update his resume.

This kind of thinking is exactly why BA will OWN the T$$AA soon!

i cant wait for the day the T$$AA comes down and we get some real people running this thing like maybe some former coaches and players that know what the people want and not some old dude that has never played anything other that chess. maybe someday TN sports will be better

RC does what the Legislative Council lets him do. If what I was told is correct there are 8 -9 principals sitting on the council and they are the ones that voted for/against everything about today.

From reading the info nobody really lost anything except football has another dead period when there season ends, but everybody else has the same thing. I thought they were going to do away with spring practice / scrimmages, not let fb coaches do anything until the middle of July. Looks to me like the coaches got there stuff together and fought for some things and won. No other sport actually LOST anything. If they did show it to me, I can't find it.

QUOTE(bobbybooshay @ Mar 15 2007 - 04:00 PM) 826413113[/snapback]I think what it says is that you can't have a full team of players being coached by Ma/Pa Kettle, then immediately go into the season rip roaring ready to play. Now AFTER your season is finished you then have an unlimited # OF PLAYERS ON ANY GIVEN TEAM, i.e. AAU basketball, Summer baseball.

That's what I thought. It's basically eliminating fall baseball and softball.

QUOTE(bobbybooshay @ Mar 15 2007 - 06:40 PM) 826413364[/snapback]RC does what the Legislative Council lets him do. If what I was told is correct there are 8 -9 principals sitting on the council and they are the ones that voted for/against everything about today.

From reading the info nobody really lost anything except football has another dead period when there season ends, but everybody else has the same thing. I thought they were going to do away with spring practice / scrimmages, not let fb coaches do anything until the middle of July. Looks to me like the coaches got there stuff together and fought for some things and won. No other sport actually LOST anything. If they did show it to me, I can't find it.

Am I correct in assuming that those three weeks would basically run from the end of season through the end of Christmas break?

QUOTE(bobbybooshay @ Mar 15 2007 - 06:40 PM) 826413364[/snapback]RC does what the Legislative Council lets him do. If what I was told is correct there are 8 -9 principals sitting on the council and they are the ones that voted for/against everything about today.

well in baseball you according to the way i read it they can not even use their indoor facilites on their own to practice hitting until january also in basketball there is no open gym and in football there are no more team camps which hurts some coaches because they need that little extra income. or am i reading it wrong

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Mar 15 2007 - 08:21 PM) 826413423[/snapback]well in baseball you according to the way i read it they can not even use their indoor facilites on their own to practice hitting until january also in basketball there is no open gym and in football there are no more team camps which hurts some coaches because they need that little extra income. or am i reading it wrong

Hitting in a cage and throwing are OK before January. That is considered part of conditioning. What it really affects are the fall leagues.

I could be wrong, but I believe the new calendar punishes football

the most, which is the sport that brings the most dollars to the

TSSAA. Why punish the sport that supports you?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but coaches cannot have organized

summer conditioning until July 16. One of the things this will effectively

kill is passing leagues. No one can start a passing league on the

first day of conditioning - July 16.

Are there any football coaches who support this calendar?

Why would the administrators be completely insensitive

to the coaches' wishes?

Did a lot of football coaches show in protest at the meeting?

stan trott,

I think you might be reading it wrong. Football can lift and condition in June they just can't have organized summer practice until july after the dead period ends. Basketball has the month of June for camps and then they get slammed if I am reading this right.

I was told the football coaches association was in support of these changes and some in attendance even had the opportunity to speak, which I have also been told never ever happens.