UNAKA FOOTBALL 2007

AsIs

I think most people in Roan Mt are being realistic, Cloudland has some good players.but expecting a 8 and 2 season is a little much.Roby is going to take alot of criticism,its the nature of the job. I talked with alot of the Cloudland faithful before last season and all of them seemed to think Cloudland would do what they did,and even though they expected it,they fired the Coach. It just goes to show ,people always want more. I hope Roby is thick skinned and hangs in there and builds a strong program. The kids are here,its just going to take some time.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pujo @ Apr 18 2007 - 11:35 AM) 826440254[/snapback]I think most people in Roan Mt are being realistic, Cloudland has some good players.but expecting a 8 and 2 season is a little much.Roby is going to take alot of criticism,its the nature of the job. I talked with alot of the Cloudland faithful before last season and all of them seemed to think Cloudland would do what they did,and even though they expected it,they fired the Coach. It just goes to show ,people always want more. I hope Roby is thick skinned and hangs in there and builds a strong program. The kids are here,its just going to take some time.

pujo you are wise things are going to ballance out in this league it's going to come down to hard work and tallent one you can control the other you cain't based on that rate the conference.

QUOTE(molesniper @ Apr 19 2007 - 07:42 AM) 826440915[/snapback]pujo you are wise things are going to ballance out in this league it's going to come down to hard work and tallent one you can control the other you cain't based on that rate the conference.

You can't really control either one, if you have kids who are not willing to work, you can't make um. If a program gets solid, kids usually know what to expect and follow the example set by prior players and teams. In Hamptons case ,the team two years ago has got alot to do with what is going on now.Once you get the program to a high level,alot of it takes care of its self. It seems like region 1 has got some good hard working leaders as of late. At this rate, region 1 is going to get competitive. Rating the teams is tough but Hampton is deffinately at the top, believe it or not,this team is LOADED. I think both Unaka and Cosby will make a better showing in the playoffs this season.They could both win at least 1 game. I think Region 2 is going to be down a little. Its hard to gage GC, they lost their coach,but I'm willing to bet they hire a good one. Money talks. I think at best ,Cloudland is a year away. Jellico was very young last year, they should be a little better.

QUOTE(pujo @ Apr 19 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826440947[/snapback]You can't really control either one, if you have kids who are not willing to work, you can't make um. If a program gets solid, kids usually know what to expect and follow the example set by prior players and teams. In Hamptons case ,the team two years ago has got alot to do with what is going on now.Once you get the program to a high level,alot of it takes care of its self. It seems like region 1 has got some good hard working leaders as of late. At this rate, region 1 is going to get competitive. Rating the teams is tough but Hampton is deffinately at the top, believe it or not,this team is LOADED. I think both Unaka and Cosby will make a better showing in the playoffs this season.They could both win at least 1 game. I think Region 2 is going to be down a little. Its hard to gage GC, they lost their coach,but I'm willing to bet they hire a good one. Money talks. I think at best ,Cloudland is a year away. Jellico was very young last year, they should be a little better.

pujo you are a wise man, I agree completely!!!

QUOTE(The_Alliance34 @ Apr 19 2007 - 09:18 AM) 826441011[/snapback]hey pujo, how has mario and roop been coming along. mario is a big ole kid, he has the potential to make a pretty good lineman if he dont get lazy.

Both are doing quite well, Mario is going to be a plesant suprise. Mario, along with several others have all state potential. I think Logan is a lck by his senior year. What alot of people don't know is Hampton has great potential in the younger kids.

QUOTE(buffcoach @ Apr 19 2007 - 12:19 PM) 826441167[/snapback]I think Logan might be a lock by the end of this year. Man is he a big ol boy. Hey Pujo. What will be the size of Hampton up front. I mean Logan, Roop, Mario, and comapany.

Someone ask if Blake was back, yea hes back and he has got bigger, he's a keeper.I really don't know the exact sizes, lets just say ,they are BIG. I wish the season started tomorrow.

QUOTE(OIHATETHEM2 @ Apr 20 2007 - 08:09 AM) 826441716[/snapback]I don't know about completely, I think there is a balance in this region. What is the deal with Cloudland? With all that is being said, I don't see them doing much. Just an opinion.

I don't really see the balance, the way I see it, Hampton is alone at the top, Cosby and Unaka will be fighting for second. The rest will be fighting for the last playoff spot.

QUOTE(pujo @ Apr 20 2007 - 08:51 AM) 826441748[/snapback]I don't really see the balance, the way I see it, Hampton is alone at the top, Cosby and Unaka will be fighting for second. The rest will be fighting for the last playoff spot.

I do see where you are comming from, but I think the balance is just around the conner. Who do you give the nod to Unaka or Cosby?