UNAKA FOOTBALL 2007

AsIs

QUOTE(OIHATETHEM2 @ Apr 20 2007 - 09:41 AM) 826441782[/snapback]I do see where you are comming from, but I think the balance is just around the conner. Who do you give the nod to Unaka or Cosby?

I think the balance is coming also, its all according to what happens in the coaching department. As far as Unaka and Cosby, I'd give the nod to Unaka. Cosby has to replace nearly all their skill positions. I wish it were at Unaka again this year,it was a fun game to watch last season.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pujo @ Apr 20 2007 - 02:46 PM) 826441928[/snapback]I think the balance is coming also, its all according to what happens in the coaching department. As far as Unaka and Cosby, I'd give the nod to Unaka. Cosby has to replace nearly all their skill positions. I wish it were at Unaka again this year,it was a fun game to watch last season.

Hey pujo , I would like for you to be able to see the game again next year as well , but I for one am certainly glad it's gonna be at Cosby next year because I think these two teams are so evenly matched that homefield may be what pushes us to a W. We lost our QB and top three recievers but we do return all but one lineman and our starting RB's from last year , so we have a fair amount of skill returning. Young QB is growing and working hard , not as athletic as Rone yet but he's already faster and has a pretty good arm. The only D we lost was the Lowe boys at Corners so we should still be strong there. I think Unaka will be a lot like us next year , Winning games with Defense and a solid running game, should be a great game to see. Keep them boys up there in Hampton workin cause this whole region is gettin better each year and were workin our tails off to try to get yall this time.

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Apr 22 2007 - 05:07 PM) 826442955[/snapback]Hey pujo , I would like for you to be able to see the game again next year as well , but I for one am certainly glad it's gonna be at Cosby next year because I think these two teams are so evenly matched that homefield may be what pushes us to a W. We lost our QB and top three recievers but we do return all but one lineman and our starting RB's from last year , so we have a fair amount of skill returning. Young QB is growing and working hard , not as athletic as Rone yet but he's already faster and has a pretty good arm. The only D we lost was the Lowe boys at Corners so we should still be strong there. I think Unaka will be a lot like us next year , Winning games with Defense and a solid running game, should be a great game to see. Keep them boys up there in Hampton workin cause this whole region is gettin better each year and were workin our tails off to try to get yall this time.

Good luck to you and all the Cosby faithful. I'm quite certain you guys will play you're butts off and should have some strengths. I think the defence will be a handful.The line should be very good. Cosby is on the right path. I've got an Idea, lets see if we can sweep region 2 this season. Idoubt that has ever happened before. Were getting closer.

QUOTE(pujo @ Apr 20 2007 - 02:46 PM) 826441928[/snapback]I think the balance is coming also, its all according to what happens in the coaching department. As far as Unaka and Cosby, I'd give the nod to Unaka. Cosby has to replace nearly all their skill positions. I wish it were at Unaka again this year,it was a fun game to watch last season.

coaching dept.????i also heard that there could be some changes. oh those nc hills and a raise(who would blame him)lunceford leaves after this year.mark it down.

QUOTE(molesniper @ Apr 23 2007 - 06:20 AM) 826443191[/snapback]coaching dept.????i also heard that there could be some changes. oh those nc hills and a raise(who would blame him)lunceford leaves after this year.mark it down.

Its all spectulation, Its not out of the question that he could be the head Coach at Hampton. He could go somewhere else or he could give up coaching all together.Then again,it could stay just like it is. There could also be some coaching changes at some of the other schools in the region.

QUOTE(pujo @ Apr 22 2007 - 09:30 PM) 826443035[/snapback]Good luck to you and all the Cosby faithful. I'm quite certain you guys will play you're butts off and should have some strengths. I think the defence will be a handful.The line should be very good. Cosby is on the right path. I've got an Idea, lets see if we can sweep region 2 this season. Idoubt that has ever happened before. Were getting closer.

Cosby lost the Lowe twins and Rone. I bet 90% of their offense went through those three... Cosby probably wont be able to move the ball an inch this year.

QUOTE(crazzyness @ Apr 23 2007 - 10:34 AM) 826443296[/snapback]Cosby lost the Lowe twins and Rone. I bet 90% of their offense went through those three... Cosby probably wont be able to move the ball an inch this year.

We had a soph. fullback rush for 600 yards last year who is coming back along with a jr. TE who had 20 receptions for almost 300 yards and 6 tds. A lot of our O went threw them but not 90%.

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Apr 23 2007 - 12:37 PM) 826443392[/snapback]We had a soph. fullback rush for 600 yards last year who is coming back along with a jr. TE who had 20 receptions for almost 300 yards and 6 tds. A lot of our O went threw them but not 90%.

Ok. All power to you. I respect your opinion. BUT, the FB will have a much larger load to carry this year cause your backfield will probably be a little thin... And also about the TE, he might have had 20 receptions, but who threw those to him???... And anyone can tell you (and I'm sure you know) that alot of the reason your passing game was sucsessful last year was because of Rone's ability to scramble and give his recievers time to get open. Which heck, there's nothing wrong with that. Thats a great way to play. But I seriously doubt you have a QB lined up with the scrambling ability Rone had.

QUOTE(crazzyness @ Apr 23 2007 - 02:09 PM) 826443487[/snapback]Ok. All power to you. I respect your opinion. BUT, the FB will have a much larger load to carry this year cause your backfield will probably be a little thin... And also about the TE, he might have had 20 receptions, but who threw those to him???... And anyone can tell you (and I'm sure you know) that alot of the reason your passing game was sucsessful last year was because of Rone's ability to scramble and give his recievers time to get open. Which heck, there's nothing wrong with that. Thats a great way to play. But I seriously doubt you have a QB lined up with the scrambling ability Rone had.

Your right we do have some big shoes to fill offensively but our running game should be tons better this year , all but one starting lineman return and we have three other backs who saw lots of PT last season. QB play will drop a notch but I have lots of faith in the kid stepping in to play , he's faster and taller than rone with strong arm and actually makes better reads , he's just not hardly the athlete or playmaker that rone was YET. WR is a bigger concern to me right now. I think we will be alright , we strengthened up the schedule a bit and should see what were made of early.

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Apr 23 2007 - 04:52 PM) 826443626[/snapback]Your right we do have some big shoes to fill offensively but our running game should be tons better this year , all but one starting lineman return and we have three other backs who saw lots of PT last season. QB play will drop a notch but I have lots of faith in the kid stepping in to play , he's faster and taller than rone with strong arm and actually makes better reads , he's just not hardly the athlete or playmaker that rone was YET. WR is a bigger concern to me right now. I think we will be alright , we strengthened up the schedule a bit and should see what were made of early.

What does the schedule look like old24eagle.