Clarksville vs. Maryville

Clkshighfan

QUOTE(Rebelsfan @ Mar 16 2007 - 09:30 PM) 826414804[/snapback]Great game!!!Looks like Oakland is not as good after all. GO REBELS!!!

fIRST OFF I am not an oakland fan but how can you say somthing like this in a 3 OT game that was back and forth and played the way it was? 3 OT ..if you lose a game like that it doesnt mean your not good it just means you come up short if they werent good they would not have gone 3 OT and it would not have been close,,,but that is my opinion good game by both teams and with it going into 3 OT i am liking maryvilles chances are both teams staying in hotels or is clarksville going home?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rebelsfan @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:39 PM) 826414835[/snapback]I dont know. All the smack you all have talked about how you will win the state tournament, doesnt sound like your fans have respect for any other school, so I will not respect Oakland very much, I ll give them a little.

not our fans talkin smack.

otha fans talkin it about us.

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Mar 16 2007 - 11:43 PM) 826414849[/snapback]fIRST OFF I am not an oakland fan but how can you say somthing like this in a 3 OT game that was back and forth and played the way it was? 3 OT ..if you lose a game like that it doesnt mean your not good it just means you come up short if they werent good they would not have gone 3 OT and it would not have been close,,,but that is my opinion good game by both teams and with it going into 3 OT i am liking maryvilles chances are both teams staying in hotels or is clarksville going home?

Im pretty sure Maryville will be in a hotel. We are on spring break so there is no school. However, when we won the football champioship in 2004, there was an alchohol problem in the hotel with the players and then, the coaches decided the players would go home that night. Both might be a possibility (leaving or staying).

QUOTE(Rebelsfan @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:39 PM) 826414835[/snapback]I dont know. All the smack you all have talked about how you will win the state tournament, doesnt sound like your fans have respect for any other school, so I will not respect Oakland very much, I ll give them a little.

dude made a thread sayin clarksville ag maryville 4 the gold b-4 the ohs game 2 night even started? and WE talk smack?

I am mainly referring to the poll post where nearly everyone was saying you all would roll over every team in tournament. I still respect Oakland, you all sound like a tough B-Ball team are apparently are after the amazing game the players played. I will say it is pretty cocky that the guy made the post before the game was even over, but it appeared to be right.

QUOTE(Rebelsfan @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826414877[/snapback]I am mainly referring to the poll post where nearly everyone was saying you all would roll over every team in tournament. I still respect Oakland, you all sound like a tough B-Ball team are apparently are after the amazing game the players played. I will say it is pretty cocky that the guy made the post before the game was even over, but it appeared to be right.

there r more 7AAA posters on this forum than any other district.

evr-1 gets 1 vote.

they saw oakland play many times & thought we had the best shot @ it.

how does that make us cocky if evr-1 in our district votes 4 us?

we were #2 in the state remember?

QUOTE(Golfendude @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:57 PM) 826414884[/snapback]LOL You funny no gold ball for you and they will be just fine tomorrow. Right about now there soaking in the hot tub /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> You guys in Maryville think your so tough its known fact you recruit players. Maryville your time is coming to a end in football as well. TSAA should investigate your teams. Anyone can stack a deck these other communities work with what they have. You lose on Sat. BOOK IT!

maryville will win if they back off caldwell a step and force him to shoot long range. BOOK THAT.

Im from, Powell not from maryville, I have nothing wrong with Clarksville, just said they are going to be tired from playing 3 OTs tonight and that is normal., its normal to be tired in the championship.

As far as Maryville recruiting, you cant recruit when these kids go to maryville schools all there life. Just stop your whining. and good luck tomorrow this is basketball.

QUOTE(PowellFan @ Mar 16 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826414895[/snapback]Im from, Powell not from maryville, I have nothing wrong with Clarksville, just said they are going to be tired from playing 3 OTs tonight and that is normal., its normal to be tired in the championship.

As far as Maryville recruiting, you cant recruit when these kids go to maryville schools all there life. Just stop your whining. and good luck tomorrow this is basketball.

Hey Powellfan,

Could you please tell me in as objective a fashion as possible about this Maryville team. Of course, they do have Maples but what about the supporting cast - style of play - strengths and weaknesses?

I noticed their record is 29-7 but all those losses were close with the exception of one game against your Panthers.

I certainly desire a Wildcat victory but I won't be doing any smack talking. Maryville wouldn't be playing in the game if they were not very good and deserving to be there. I expect a good game.

Some have mentioned that Clarksville might be physically and emotionally drained after tonights triple overtime contest with Oakland. Certainly something to consider, however, I think the Cats will come well rested and ready to play as they will need to be ready. Afterall, it is the State Championship and Clarksville teams have come close before but no cigar. This team has faced many obstacles this year and has an uncanny knack for fighting through them.