Clarksville vs. Maryville

Clkshighfan

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad Aaron Douglas for Maryville is going to be a football Vol. He is a fighter. He is not a scoring threat or a finess player, but he was BY FAR the best rebounder in the state tourney. Clarksville better hit their shots because they will not get too many second chance looks.

QUOTE(DunkerDon @ Mar 17 2007 - 12:10 AM) 826414915[/snapback]Hey Powellfan,

Could you please tell me in as objective a fashion as possible about this Maryville team. Of course, they do have Maples but what about the supporting cast - style of play - strengths and weaknesses?

I noticed their record is 29-7 but all those losses were close with the exception of one game against your Panthers.

I certainly desire a Wildcat victory but I won't be doing any smack talking. Maryville wouldn't be playing in the game if they were not very good and deserving to be there. I expect a good game.

Some have mentioned that Clarksville might be physically and emotionally drained after tonights triple overtime contest with Oakland. Certainly something to consider, however, I think the Cats will come well rested and ready to play as they will need to be ready. Afterall, it is the State Championship and Clarksville teams have come close before but no cigar. This team has faced many obstacles this year and has an uncanny knack for fighting through them.

Are you doind some secret scouting for Clarksville or something?

QUOTE(Rebelsfan @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:13 PM) 826414927[/snapback]Are you doind some secret scouting for Clarksville or something?

I saw Maryville play one game this year. They are quick and have a very big physical player in Douglas.

If there coaching would have pounded the ball to Douglas they would have beat Powell by 20 points, I think there coach has realized this now and thats why they keep winning.

ITs gonna be a tough game for both teams but should be a good one.

Also the bad thing Mr. Tyler Maples loves these big games and steps up alot I see him scoring 20 points tomorrow he loves the big stage from what I have seen on the football field.

QUOTE(Golfendude @ Mar 17 2007 - 12:14 AM) 826414930[/snapback]Rebelsfan you can go sell that to someone else. But i can assure you of this you will not be taking no Gold Ball home tomorrow. Were going Tee up on your rebels. I love it you guys finally got a match you can't win and i no that your fans love the smack talkin so bring it on.

Okay, whatever you say. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

QUOTE(bellgo @ Mar 17 2007 - 12:15 AM) 826414932[/snapback]It will be interesting how Clarksville plays after winning a triple-overtime thriller against Oakland. I hope they get some much needed rest and be mentally prepared to bring that title to Middle TN.

I am sure they will sleep very well tonight, like 12 hours. So will maryville, Douglas and Maples have playoff experience and know how to manage their time, however, that was football which was week to week not day to day.

QUOTE(Rebelsfan @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:30 PM) 826414804[/snapback]Great game!!!Looks like Oakland is not as good after all. GO REBELS!!!

That's a slap at us .. Your team will get there due in a few hours. You no there is no way your winning this one. Congratulations Clarksville Wildcats. Stuff those rebels Sat. by double digits.

I cant wait to arrive in Boro tomorrow, the environment will be electric and I am hoping for a full Hale Center. Maryville travels pretty well, that is if the fans realize they need to come to this game. In football, there were more fans at the state game than at home games, however, at home games, a lot of people stand behind the stadium and talk, sort like it is more like social event than a sporting event. Anyways, I just can not wait and it should be an extreme game.

QUOTE(PowellFan @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:01 PM) 826414895[/snapback]Im from, Powell not from maryville, I have nothing wrong with Clarksville, just said they are going to be tired from playing 3 OTs tonight and that is normal., its normal to be tired in the championship.

As far as Maryville recruiting, you cant recruit when these kids go to maryville schools all there life. Just stop your whining. and good luck tomorrow this is basketball.

AMEN! Golfdude , you are behind in this whining fest. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> What is it with all this recruiting stuff? Do you have first hand knowledge? or have you just had you butt handed to you by maryville one too many times?