Magnet Schools and basketball

QUOTE(supersteve17 @ Apr 23 2007 - 12:01 PM) 826443423[/snapback]Who are the "you people" in question? Be careful with that phraseology. It has gotten a few folks in pretty big trouble!

"you people" for those of you who cant figure it out is toward "private school supporters" If it offends you get over it. Why you want to make this into something its not is beyond me, but YOU PEOPLE never seem to amaze me.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 23 2007 - 05:34 PM) 826443613[/snapback]"you people" for those of you who cant figure it out is toward "private school supporters" If it offends you get over it. Why you want to make this into something its not is beyond me, but YOU PEOPLE never seem to amaze me.

The phrase is "you people never cease to amaze me"

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 23 2007 - 05:13 PM) 826443601[/snapback]The biggest and largest is the fact they have no boundaries. Even schools with open zones have to stay in their county.

WRONG! Maryville and Alcoa don't stay within their counties. There are several Memphis area schools that don't stay within the state. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Your kind of people need to have your facts straight. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 23 2007 - 05:13 PM) 826443601[/snapback]All of your small private schools that are winning state championships are in large cities. Jackson and Nashville. There is no set area. MP has a small portion of a county to draw its kids from. I know thats not a TSSAA rule but the fact that a private can draw kids from anywhere is a different set of rules. If this is the truth there is nothing wrong with it, but it isnt the same rules that a MP or other rural school has to go by.

Which school from nashville won a Gold Football?? if you mean FCS, they A. didn't win a Gold Football and B. are located in a town close to lebanon tennessee called possumtown.

So what about the nice little sophmore that moved from a 5A school to little ol Mount Pleasant. Goes by the name of ju-ju i believe. I am still wondering what your oppinion on him is. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

quote name='MPHSTIGERS87' date='Apr 23 2007 - 04:13 PM' post='826443601']

The biggest and largest is the fact they have no boundaries. Even schools with open zones have to stay in their county. All of your small private schools that are winning state championships are in large cities. Jackson and Nashville. There is no set area. MP has a small portion of a county to draw its kids from. I know thats not a TSSAA rule but the fact that a private can draw kids from anywhere is a different set of rules. I dont know if this is true, but I heard a few key players from JCS was not even from Jackson. If this is the truth there is nothing wrong with it, but it isnt the same rules that a MP or other rural school has to go by.

Students from Marion and Sequatchie counties attend Hamilton County schools.

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Apr 21 2007 - 08:27 PM) 826442593[/snapback]I think that pretty much sums it up. However, some magnet schools are 100% magnet and some are zoned/magnet. There could be some inequality there.

FCS...what a great post. I think you just showed the absurdivness of this whole discussion.

Sure it's absurd, but that's OK because in the pursuit of the ever elusive LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, there won't be a proposal too absurd for MPHS not to embrace. If it takes 20 divisions and 20 classes, the LEVEL PLAYING FIELD must be achieved for little MPHS JR. to have a successful high school athletic career. In the name of the LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, there's no limit to the amount of dilution Tennessee athletics can't stand to insure little Johnny or little MPHS JR won't bring home a state championship trophy. And after all, isn't that why our children participate in athletics?

QUOTE(takedown3 @ Apr 23 2007 - 09:35 PM) 826443797[/snapback]Sure it's absurd, but that's OK because in the pursuit of the ever elusive LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, there won't be a proposal too absurd for MPHS not to embrace. If it takes 20 divisions and 20 classes, the LEVEL PLAYING FIELD must be achieved for little MPHS JR. to have a successful high school athletic career. In the name of the LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, there's no limit to the amount of dilution Tennessee athletics can't stand to insure little Johnny or little MPHS JR won't bring home a state championship trophy. And after all, isn't that why our children participate in athletics?

To be fair, i seem to have some memmory of asking Mount Pleasant on the subject and he doesn't have a dog in this particular fight. He is just an avid fan of a team that has flirted with the Burro for two years in a row now and he is clutching at straws to blame someone.

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Apr 23 2007 - 07:32 PM) 826443682[/snapback]WRONG! Maryville and Alcoa don't stay within their counties. There are several Memphis area schools that don't stay within the state. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Your kind of people need to have your facts straight. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Thanks tnsddeveloper.

MPHS there is my response. There are lots of public schools that can and do take kids from out of county (and even out of state), so your response about private schools simply does not hold water. Like tns said..you need to get your facts straight. Are there any other guidelines you`d like to bring to the table?

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Apr 23 2007 - 07:32 PM) 826443682[/snapback]WRONG! Maryville and Alcoa don't stay within their counties. There are several Memphis area schools that don't stay within the state. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Your kind of people need to have your facts straight. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Did they have to pay out of county fees or out of state fees? Of course you can play anywhere you want if you have enough money. Small rural families cant afford to have that luxury unless "some people" are willing to flip the bill.

QUOTE(takedown3 @ Apr 23 2007 - 09:35 PM) 826443797[/snapback]Sure it's absurd, but that's OK because in the pursuit of the ever elusive LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, there won't be a proposal too absurd for MPHS not to embrace. If it takes 20 divisions and 20 classes, the LEVEL PLAYING FIELD must be achieved for little MPHS JR. to have a successful high school athletic career. In the name of the LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, there's no limit to the amount of dilution Tennessee athletics can't stand to insure little Johnny or little MPHS JR won't bring home a state championship trophy. And after all, isn't that why our children participate in athletics?

Look here buddy, you can attack me all you want but leave my son out of it. I dont want to get real ugly but I can. You cross a line when you attack family. If you dont like my opinions ignore them, but you wont, and I promise, you wont attack my family but one more time.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 23 2007 - 04:13 PM) 826443601[/snapback]I know thats not a TSSAA rule but the fact that a private can draw kids from anywhere is a different set of rules.

MPHS, I have nothing against your family, save for the fact that they are denying the truth that soccer runs in their blood! (Just trying to lighten the mood there...)

As far as the above quote, if it isn't a TSSAA rule, then why are you asking the TSSAA to change anything? Shouldn't you go to the root of the problem, which is the town's local government? I think it is a fair question, but I am not sure if I will get an answer.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 24 2007 - 06:09 AM) 826443972[/snapback]Did they have to pay out of county fees or out of state fees? Of course you can play anywhere you want if you have enough money. Small rural families cant afford to have that luxury unless "some people" are willing to flip the bill.

Look here buddy, you can attack me all you want but leave my son out of it. I dont want to get real ugly but I can. You cross a line when you attack family. If you dont like my opinions ignore them, but you wont, and I promise, you wont attack my family but one more time.

Gee, I was taking a stab in the dark that there actually is a MPHS JR. Of course I was writing metaphysically about "little Johnny's and little MPHS JR's" but if you want to take it litterally, be my guest. As far as you getting "real ugly", to use your words, you probably crossed that line at birth.